Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos

5 posters

Go down

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  Empty Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:56 pm

This is Scottie. He is a 2 year old mini rex who is now in rescue.
The reason he is here is because his previous owners had a baby, and were worried about the hygiene aspect of keeping a house rabbit with a young child as they found the child with a rabbit poop in his hand.

Unfortunately, Scottie isn't in the best of health at present. He has a severe infestation of mites which has made his back, chin and underside bald. Sadly thats not the end of his problems...

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9434

Bald neck

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9441

These are his nails - very long.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9435
Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9439

One of the nails had grown into the pad, causing him pain and discomfort.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9440

These are his feet. They are cut and swollen. He is now on mite treatment and antibiotics to treat the infection. Once he is healthy he will be looking for a home.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9443
Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9445

This is Lily who has come into rescue. Her previous owner was keeping her and her sister, Bella in the same hutch. The two rabbits had fought several times and the sister of the owner was worried about them and asked us to take them. When she went to collect them to bring them to the rescue, she found out that the girls have fought so badly they have caused damage to each other.

Very kindly, the sister rushed them to the vets before bringing them to us.

Lily's ears are bitten and swollen.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9453

Her lip had been spilt and is now stitched back together.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9452

Ragged edges from previous fights.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9466

Although she has been badly injured, she is such a sweetheart and a very good girl when its medicine time!
When she is better, we will have her spayed. We will then try her with a male rabbit to see if she can be paired. If she cannot then she will need a home as an only rabbit.

This is Bella who is from the same home as Lily. The two are now living separately.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9468

Her ear is wounded and swollen.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9469

When she is better, we will have her spayed. We will then try her with a male rabbit to see if she can be paired. If she cannot then she will need a home as an only rabbit.

Nasty wound on her tummy.

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  HPIM9479
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  Empty Re: Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:12 pm

pale

For the second time today. I'm lost for words.

I hope they all have a bright happy future.

You do an amazing thing with the all the animals that come to you. Hats off to you. Muchos respect!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos  Empty Re: Special cases in rescue - contains upsetting photos

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Thumper2001 wrote: pale

For the second time today. I'm lost for words.

I hope they all have a bright happy future.

You do an amazing thing with the all the animals that come to you. Hats off to you. Muchos respect!

Thank you

They are all on antibiotics and Scottie is on a course of mite treatment to clear it up. His feet are looking better already, but its early days for the lops so no improvements yet.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:24 pm

How they could be in such a state and their owners not seek vet attention is beyond my understanding.

If Thumper is even the slightest bit out of sorts, we're off to the vets, pronto!

*blood boils*

I'd struggle stopping myself from throttling the owners Wink
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:How they could be in such a state and their owners not seek vet attention is beyond my understanding.

If Thumper is even the slightest bit out of sorts, we're off to the vets, pronto!

*blood boils*

Well Scottie's owners had the nerve to ask for him back!
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm

AnnaT wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:How they could be in such a state and their owners not seek vet attention is beyond my understanding.

*blood boils*

I would have had a few choice words for them Laughing

How do you handle that? Just simply tell them no?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
AnnaT wrote:

*blood boils*

I would have had a few choice words for them Laughing

How do you handle that? Just simply tell them no?

Well when she dropped him off, I only had a quick look at him. She then said when they move they want him back as an outdoor bun if he hasn't found a home. I didn't actually see the state he was in until they left and I got him out the box. They emailed asking me how he was and I told them what the problem was - all they said was that they got him something from the petshop and his feet aren't that bad Rolling Eyes
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh so it's ok if they're only a little bit bad??? That's ok then!!!! HBWS

I digress Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Oh so it's ok if they're only a little bit bad??? That's ok then!!!! HBWS

I digress Sad

His feet are bad. Imagine the pain he would have been in Sad The other foot is scabbed over so hes been like that for a while! Sad Mad
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:57 pm

I can't believe they knew his feet were sore and didn't do anything Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I can't believe they knew his feet were sore and didn't do anything Sad

or notice his nail was growing into his pad Shocked
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm

them poor bunnies Sad how can people do that
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:03 pm

AnnaT wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:I can't believe they knew his feet were sore and didn't do anything Sad

or notice his nail was growing into his pad Shocked
I know! He must have been walking/hopping funny!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:08 pm

And i'm not even going to get started on keeping 2 fighting bunnies together Rolling Eyes
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:And i'm not even going to get started on keeping 2 fighting bunnies together Rolling Eyes

entire girls who have fought before >.<
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:33 pm

The mind boggles!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Am so happy you got them when you did, least they are in safe hands now and hopefully go on to have much happier lives. Very Happy

Job well done Thumbs Up

Hope the poor buns recover soon.
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm in tears here looking at these sad pictures Bless their heart's and they are all so beautiful and I just want to cuddle them all and give them a big kiss . That poor beautiful mini Rex his poor feet how blind must his x owners be to not notice that he must have been in great discomfort Crying or Very sad

Oh poor Lily it's just so sad Crying or Very sad

I hope they find very special loving forever homes as they so deserve to .

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks Josie Smile

Tuckerbunnies - it is so sad isn't it. They are all receiving vet treatment now so hopefully feel better now Smile
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

I just don't get it. Why would you let an animal in your care suffer so? Why let is get so bad before seeking help. I am glad they are in good hands now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

AnnaT wrote:Thanks Josie Smile

Tuckerbunnies - it is so sad isn't it. They are all receiving vet treatment now so hopefully feel better now Smile

Oh thank God, I'm afraid nothing shocks me now as I've seen it all, even a rabbit that was painted blue as the children were bored and the Mother said 'Oh paint the rabbit' and they did! Shocked it took the rescue the rabbit went to 3 months to get the paint off and the rabbit gave birth while she was there to a beautiful baby bunny, both were eventually rehomed to good kind loving homes. I have seen rabbit's with air gun pellets in their back's and rabbits that are skin and bone and the owners think that is exceptable. When will it end!!! Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
AnnaT wrote:Thanks Josie Smile

Oh thank God, I'm afraid nothing shocks me now as I've seen it all, even a rabbit that was painted blue as the children were bored and the Mother said 'Oh paint the rabbit' and they did! Shocked it took the rescue the rabbit went to 3 months to get the paint off and the rabbit gave birth while she was there to a beautiful baby bunny, both were eventually rehomed to good kind loving homes. I have seen rabbit's with air gun pellets in their back's and rabbits that are skin and bone and the owners think that is exceptable. When will it end!!! Crying or Very sad

Painted the rabbit?! I heard of a rabbit that was dyed but never painted! Poor buns Sad
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down