Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pondering.... girlfriend for Roars?..

+4
Tuckerbunnies
Amelia66
Velvet.Tears
Felix&Willow
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pondering.... girlfriend for Roars?.. Empty Pondering.... girlfriend for Roars?..

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Not right now of course, but in the not too distant future... what about a girlfriend for Rory? Je is loads and loads better, only has a slight tilt now, though he isn't agile, or brave, or strong... he could not ever jump on the sofa, or with stand a strong bun humping him to death. It would have to be a very very gentle, possibly even disabled bun.. ? I had though about a senior bun, but that's not really fair as their life expectancy would mean he would most probably lose them early, and that would be tough for yasmin and I too... What do you think? I have no idea if he like other rabbits, it's never been tested! He has us, but not all day, he lives affection, but all the teddys in the world can't make up for a warm furry being of your own species who can groom you etc- I don't want him to miss out.. what do you think?
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Pondering.... girlfriend for Roars?.. Empty Re: Pondering.... girlfriend for Roars?..

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Rory wants a wummun!

Back to top Go down

Pondering.... girlfriend for Roars?.. Empty Re: Pondering.... girlfriend for Roars?..

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:23 pm

What would be the best way to go about finding an extremely gentle bun? I though about adopting a disabled bun but I'm not sure I could get them insured and vet fee's for bunny number 4 with a medical problem would be hard! Thank goodness Rory is insured as He must have had over £700 worth of treatment in about 8 mnths!
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 pm

I guess the answer is to contact the local rescues and tell them what you are looking for and wait for a gentle girl to arrive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance sorry i get excited already
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Smile they would need to be very little and sedate- it makes me feel a bit nervous thinking about another bun being with him... maybe an incy wincy gentle bun, like a little baby saint Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Find a rescue that does bonding, that way he can be tried with a bun to see if he likes them. Rather than you adopting another and trying to bond then which may not work leaving you with another bunny to set up a home for. Might be good to ring local rescues and see what they have as the perfect bun could be waiting there for him
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Buns like that do end up in rescue. There was one a couple of years back down here in cornwall who was so desperate for attention you only had to put you hand to the side of the run and he would lick you non-stop. As I said, let the rescues know you are looking for a specific temperament of bun, preferably a very small one and wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I will, just looking on rabbit regime I see there is a rescue in Oxfordshire, the rescue closest to me is run by a husband and wife team who are very difficult to communicate with , they regimes 11 rabbits last year thats all, and don't want volunteers- they seem to keep kist ofthe rabbits (which is fine, good for them) so it's unlikey they would be happy to let me know if they had a bin come in that might be suitable for Rory
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:00 pm

'rescue' not 'regime' - big sigh- iphone
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:'rescue' not 'regime' - big sigh- iphone

ifail Laughing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 pm

how about reading rabbit rescue?

http://www.readingrabbits.org.uk/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:15 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:how about reading rabbit rescue?

http://www.readingrabbits.org.uk/index.html

That's the one! I went to visit as I had offered to volunteer, my daughter and I spent about 2 hrs there chatting with the wife (it's their home, they have a very large brick built building I'm their garden forth bunnies) - I offered to do absolutely anything at all from scrubbing cages to home visits, the wife was very keen and very friendly. She said they would be on touch, weeks went by so I emailed amd got no response, left it a couple more weeks and emailed again - Jen I got a reply from the husband whom I had met briefly and he said that as I wasn't very experianced they didn't required help. I was a bit baffled by this, as I wasn't being fussy about what ibwould help with, how much experience do you need to clean cages?! It's a shame because as they were so late in erring back to me, and I feel a bit rejected by them, I wouldn't feel comfortable sending my bunnies to board there ( and to be honest tje cages are cramped and there is no room for indoor runs, it's no tuckerbunnies by any means) - I'm sure they do alot of good, they just aren't very open to letting others help - it's kind of a reviews elite- very few homes seem to meet their high standards for rehoming, and therefore the flow of bunnies in and out is very slow it seems
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 pm

I would have thought they would have been glad of the help Beki Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Yeh me too ..? Although hubby wasn't very friendly the wife really was, Ibtold them what ibdid for a living, some men are intimidated by my job - it may have been that but I doubt it?
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:Yeh me too ..? Although hubby wasn't very friendly the wife really was, Ibtold them what ibdid for a living, some men are intimidated by my job - it may have been that but I doubt it?

Yes I guess you doing pole dancing put's them off ROFL

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:Yeh me too ..? Although hubby wasn't very friendly the wife really was, Ibtold them what ibdid for a living, some men are intimidated by my job - it may have been that but I doubt it?

Oh? What is your job?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 am

There are a few otter nethies on rabbit rehome being privately rehomed that might be worth checking out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 am

I see why that could be difficult.
I would definitely say go to a rescue and tell them all about gorgeous Rory and that he needs a gentle loving wifebun.
You may find a selection of gentle girls and then he can meet them all and choose for himself who he would like to be Mrs. Rorybun.

My little boy Jeeves is the most laid back gorgeous boy. He is just so gentle and easy going and dotes on Tigger, and I found him at a rescue. Who would want to get rid of him I don't know, but they did.

Best of luck wifebun hunting!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 am

There is the Diana do dah rescue in Hurst. I often look at their pages to see the bunnies and doggies

http://www.dbarc.org.uk/

Their website is not updated regularly, but they might be worth a contact. I don't know if they help with bonding, but I've often seen them out at shows and fetes so I think they must be realitively friendly. Although you never can tell!!

ps - don't look at Merlin and Trixie or you'll end up with another two!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:44 am

Pole dancer
Laughing

I'm a domestic abuse support worker- like a social worker nut working for a domestic abuse charity.

I saw the otter nethies, gorgeous amd soooooo tempting! There is also a little lionhead on rabbit regime who needs to be a house bun but it says she needs to be a single bun too neciase she has had bad experiances (I couldn't help thinking she wouldn't have a bad experiance with Rory unless she didn't like being licked to death!)

I had forgotten about dianna brimblecombe, thanks!
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 am

But not nut lol
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 am

You can come and meet Florence if you go to Diana Brimblecombe if you like, you sort of have to pass the end of my road to get to it Very Happy

Rory sounds like he would be the perfect husband, can I swap him for mine?!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:28 am

Wow thanks yeh that would be great- Rory would never do you wrong Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtek85 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:31 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Rory wants a wummun!

ROFL
bobtek85
bobtek85
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum