Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

+13
marleyNfriends
troop
lizzi_b
JoeyBunsMum
Felix&Willow
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
icedancer
17 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm

We just had a happy flop Love

Sorry guys but none of my friends will be interested so I'm having to tell you!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:53 pm

icedancer wrote:
Whenever Dougal comes over to me I give him a treat, and now Florence has picked up on it. This is probably not the way to go about it Laughing

He definitely won't be able to jump out of the cage if you carry on like that! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm

The nets now on the top Laughing he showed a lot of interest when that went on.

The treat thing started because I was trying to show him it was ok to be out and I was nice, but Florence cottoned on that I had them so it went downhill from there!! Lol
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 pm

OMG! His name IS Dougal! You chose the right name! If he could speak he would have said: Good evening humum. My name is Dougal. It is nice to meet you! I intend on making your daughter verrrry happy. May I have another treat please?

I am so happy for all of you! cheers
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 am

They had a good night! I was slightly worried about what I would find this morning but all is good. When they saw me they both came running over for treats, so I did oblige. It's funny how they pick that up really quickly but not litter training Laughing

They shared some pellets, then I gave them some apple. While I was back in the kitchen one of them, and I assume Dougal as Florence has never done it before, took a piece of apple from the bowl to the far end of the play pen and they sat there sharing it Love

I am now in no doubt whatsoever that I did the right thing, they are perfect together Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:51 am

They shared it??? AWWWWWWWWWWWW Love Love Love
That is just so very sweet!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:24 am

One was one side and one was the other. It was like the scene from "Lady and The Tramp". I'll try and get a video of them tonight, they adore each other. If Dougal can't see where Florence is he stops what he's doing to have a good look for her. I've never had two bunnies at the same time before so didn't really know what to expect, but these two were just meant to be together Love when you think Dougal was a stray (although there is slight doubt about it), he is so sweet. He was scared first thing yesterday, but this morning he was bouncing around like he'd always been here. I think in a few weeks his real personality will come out, and its going to be lovely.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:06 pm

It's not just Florence who has fallen in love, is it? Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Nope! He's lovely. He's the complete opposite of Florence, which is great. Florence is still my adorable little girl too, when I got home from work they were both in the house and she came launching over to see me and I got groomed Love I'm so happy she still loves her mummy.

Dougal just wants to be petted rather than play. He hasn't ventured out yet tonight, but we were adjusting the run and then I hoovered. He has eaten a done of veg and herbs though! He's so pretty too, I just wish I knew his background.

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:59 pm

I’m just posting on this in case any past members still have the same email address and will get a notification. I had to have Dougal put to sleep four weeks ago tomorrow. I miss him so so much, as does Florence.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:07 pm

What a lovely thread of memories Crying or Very sad Hugs
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9