Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

+13
marleyNfriends
troop
lizzi_b
JoeyBunsMum
Felix&Willow
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
icedancer
17 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Katieb wrote:Goodness me!

Its all going on for flo! I bet you are missing her like crazy!

Lucky her though, coming home with a handsome hubster!

Im really excited for you hunni x x

I really miss her already Crying or Very sad Her house is all still set up as I have the home check tomorrow and I keep looking over to it through habit. The rescue lady commented how much I would miss her Embarassed Embarassed It'll all be worth it when she's got a little friend. She was acting like nothing was up at all, she was being very nosey and the rescue lady said she was really confident which is good for bonding.

She said as well if they need to keep the bunnies in for longer than a week they will Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I need my baby back asap!

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bunny Rescue Day! UD Tues pm - I now have 2 buns! Pics P19

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 am

I've found a photo of the chincilla babies with mum.

You must only click this guys if don't go too gooey

http://www.readingrabbits.org.uk/moonlight.html

Is it bad that I'm secretly hoping that she likes the male baby? Embarassed Embarassed
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 am

I've decided I don't mind who she chooses. Both have benefits, both have disadvantages.

I know the rescue said I could email as much as I want, but it is too soon right? I just keep wondering if she's had her breakfast, and if she's happy. She wasn't upset in the slightest when I left her, so I think she's probably still enjoying all the new smells. She wasn't even bothered that the rescue lady smelt of other bunnies, she still climbed all over her.

I think I might have to go and "borrow" some of Sparkys siblings for a week. Or Sparky. Or Father Jack and Mrs Doyle. I wonder if Humum and Hudad would notice!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 am

awwwwww sounds like shes going to have so much fun,cant wait for updates
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:56 pm

icedancer wrote:I think I might have to go and "borrow" some of Sparkys siblings for a week. Or Sparky. Or Father Jack and Mrs Doyle. I wonder if Humum and Hudad would notice!
Humum said it'd be easier if you just come and stay here for the week Laughing

You can have as much bunny contact as you like... 6.30am feeds in the hail and drizzle, tucking them all in late at night in the howling wind, cleaning them all out every other day in 3" of snow... you'll love it, really Wink

Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Have you given in to the email yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:32 pm

I passed the home check!!! She was here for ages, just chatting bunnies. Everything was fine! Hooray. I was so ruddy scared about it too.

I haven't emailed yet, but I do keep checking my emails! I must have done it about 20 times while I was in work Embarassed

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 pm

yay cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Sparky wrote:
icedancer wrote:I think I might have to go and "borrow" some of Sparkys siblings for a week. Or Sparky. Or Father Jack and Mrs Doyle. I wonder if Humum and Hudad would notice!
Humum said it'd be easier if you just come and stay here for the week Laughing

You can have as much bunny contact as you like... 6.30am feeds in the hail and drizzle, tucking them all in late at night in the howling wind, cleaning them all out every other day in 3" of snow... you'll love it, really Wink

I'll be there tomorrow! It sounds my idea of heaven!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by troop Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:44 pm

cheers

troop
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm

brilliant news,what do they do at a home check,just out of curiosity ?
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 pm

I knew you were worrying about nothing with the home-check Very Happy

Go on and email them, wouldya, I want to know how Florence is doing!

(And now you have an excuse to - 'Sparky said so' Laughing )
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

fall3n-ang3l wrote:brilliant news,what do they do at a home check,just out of curiosity ?

TBH it was totally painless. I'd got myself worked out about it because I've heard horror stories of ones in the past, and it was why I'd never done rescues before. She had a double side A4 with questions on like do you have children, what do you do if you go away, diet, who's your vet etc Then tick boxes for things like is there hay, can they do the three hop thing, is there toys. I'd spent last weekend doing cable tidying and I was expecting to show her the areas Florence is allowed to free range but it was all fine. She has bunnies so we had a joke about bunny horror stories. The bacon pringle was mentioned!!

Sparky wrote:I knew you were worrying about nothing with the home-check Very Happy

Go on and email them, wouldya, I want to know how Florence is doing!

(And now you have an excuse to - 'Sparky said so' Laughing )

Ok ok! I will when I get out of the bath (where I am now, you wanted to know that didn't you!!)
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Altho one point I'd thought we'd blown it as stupid hubby said "we rent and we're not supposed to have animals so the neighbour borrows her when the agent comes round". I nearly told him to shut up, I was cringing. She was fine though, and said if they ever found out and said we had to get rid of them they had to go back to that rescue. I was thinking "yeh right, they are going to Tuckerbunnies or Sparkys house"!! Laughing Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

HOORAYY!! cheers I knew you wouldnt have a problem!! Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:33 pm

icedancer wrote:Altho one point I'd thought we'd blown it as stupid hubby said "we rent and we're not supposed to have animals so the neighbour borrows her when the agent comes round". I nearly told him to shut up, I was cringing. She was fine though, and said if they ever found out and said we had to get rid of them they had to go back to that rescue. I was thinking "yeh right, they are going to Tuckerbunnies or Sparkys house"!! Laughing Laughing

Joey: "Or my house!"

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:
icedancer wrote:Altho one point I'd thought we'd blown it as stupid hubby said "we rent and we're not supposed to have animals so the neighbour borrows her when the agent comes round". I nearly told him to shut up, I was cringing. She was fine though, and said if they ever found out and said we had to get rid of them they had to go back to that rescue. I was thinking "yeh right, they are going to Tuckerbunnies or Sparkys house"!! Laughing Laughing

Joey: "Or my house!"

Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm sure they will be delighted of the offer!

Just for Sparky, the below email has now been sent to the rescue

Hi there!

How's Florence doing is she behaving herself?

Nicola done the home check tonight and she was happy with the set up so fingers crossed all is ok your end.

Carla
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:01 pm

icedancer wrote:I was thinking "yeh right, they are going to Tuckerbunnies or Sparkys house"!! Laughing Laughing
'They'? Don't you mean 'We'? Laughing

I hope we get a picture of Florence Very Happy I bet she is being lovely Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Sparky wrote:
icedancer wrote:I was thinking "yeh right, they are going to Tuckerbunnies or Sparkys house"!! Laughing Laughing

Shall I let you into a teeny weeny secret Sparky? Now this is just between me and you...keep an eye on this web page - http://www.readingrabbits.org.uk/video-page.html once the pairing is successful they post a video on there. But I should get photos before that. I think from that email they will realise what a protective mother I am and hopefully they might send one tonight/tomorrow.

I really miss her. I have taken down the pen, but her house is still there. Tomorrow I must clean out the hay and bedding and start cleaning it, I left it in there for Home Check lady to see. Although she did comment that it isn't big enough for two to be locked in, which I did know, but hubby is now saying maybe we should get a larger house in case we do need to lock them in Very Happy Very Happy The pen was only £25 so at least if I do spend a bit more on a new house I did save on the pen, and I'll be able to flog her old one on ebay. She also said we need to get some sort of cover for when the new one moves in so he can hide, Florence has never been bothered, and we described how she follows us around honking.

Getting her toys back out of the cupboard was weird too. I had a secret hug with her teddy. I might put her house in the shed after I've cleaned it tomorrow, or at least put it out of the way. It might feel slightly less weird.

I want my baby back Crying or Very sad Then I feel like a bit of a knob thinking like that when you think of all the HH bunnies we've lost recently. At least I'm getting her back
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Awww Im not surprised you are missing her hun, not at all. Id be lost here without Daisy (and Charlie and annie now too). Its amazing how a creature so small can fill up your home to bursting with their personality!

I hope it is all going well for her, and that she is falling in lurve....
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Sparky wrote:

You mean I can come too!! I am litter trained but not spayed so am prone to hormonal outbursts at times. Is that still ok? Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 pm

icedancer wrote:
Sparky wrote:

You mean I can come too!! I am litter trained but not spayed so am prone to hormonal outbursts at times. Is that still ok? Laughing

ROFL ROFL OMg i never laughed so much i think i just peed myself
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Katieb wrote:Awww Im not surprised you are missing her hun, not at all. Id be lost here without Daisy (and Charlie and annie now too). Its amazing how a creature so small can fill up your home to bursting with their personality!

I hope it is all going well for her, and that she is falling in lurve....

Oh totally. I haven't even had her for five months yet and she is such a massive part of my life. I can't imagine not having her. She is an amazing bunny, and I just hope she's having fun and not missing me as much as I miss her. Its only been just over 24 hours, dread to think what I'll be like next week.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 am

I had a reply last night Shocked

Are you ready?

They are doing extremely well, so much so that we're leaving them together tonight. Very rare to do this on first day, but they seem to be completely in love!
They are in the hall, so we shall hear if there is any commotion.
She seems much less hyper having Chequers alongside, and he's chilled out
Will send photos tomorrow
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:16 am

Happy Dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next