Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors?

2 posters

Go down

How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors? Empty How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors?

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Id like to get them back outside full time over the Easter holidays, but everyone has different opinions on how to go about doing it. They think leaving them in the run all day when theyre used to being indoors is too much straight away, and im inclined to agree but its difficult when im not usually at home. Leaving them out a few hours at a time up to half a day would be how i want to do it, but dad wont bring them in for me and i dont trust him not to loose or handle them properly.

Will the playhouse be ok for them to go in through the day? It doesnt have a run attached at the moment because ive sold my 6x4 and the new one doesnt come for another two weeks. I dont want Skye to get picked on again. scratch I know i worry too much How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors? 811805 But would like to know what you lot think or if you have any ideas.

Id like to write out a plan Embarassed that way ill stick to it and they will be ready to go out, if i dont do one, ill keep forgetting to get them prepared and the opportunity will pass! ...yes im very anal like that, i make plans and lists for everything!! Rolling Eyes
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors? Empty Re: How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors?

Post by Dotdot Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:56 pm

I'd say the playhouse would be the best bet. It will be warmer than just being outside yet cooler than being in the house Thumbs Up
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors? Empty Re: How do you propose i get the bunnies used to being outdoors?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 pm

I agree - start with the play house. Remember Maggie has been in there since them so it will not smell as much like their territory thus hopefully neutralising those behaviours.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:51 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I agree - start with the play house. Remember Maggie has been in there since them so it will not smell as much like their territory thus hopefully neutralising those behaviours.

I was worried the smell of Maggie might set them off, but it will be disinfected before they go out anyway. I did plan to clean the playhouse out just after i posted this, but flippin' green waste is full and Dads got my Henry in teh house as the dysons have broke. Hes in a foul mood today and decided not to intefere with his cleaning spree.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down