Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols!

+3
FluffSlave
marleyNfriends
Sue_pawz
7 posters

Go down

Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols! Empty Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols!

Post by Sue_pawz Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 pm

After a day of epic crapness, I got my buns to their holiday home with the Tuckerbunny clan. 5 hours later than intended Shocked

This was due to getting a flat tyre just after leaving home with the bunnies, which I attempted to change, but couldn't as the it had corroded and welded itself to the car. I then had to phone the RAC to get it off (I can change a wheel, I just didn't have a mallet to smack the wheel with until it came off). I spent 20 minutes on hold, then the bloke arrived after about 90 minutes. Sorted me out, then drove to kwik fit where I learned I needed a full set of new tyres. Waited an hour while they sorted new tyres, then paid them a lot of money.

Went home, picked up the bunnies again, got on to the A1, and got stuck in the Friday rush hour traffic. Finally arrived with Maysie 5 hours later than originally intended.

Thankfully my bunnies seem to have settled, were enjoying the hay, and Ted was trying to steal fenugreeks from the jar.

And I got a penguin biscuit and a wonderful cup of tea before coming home.

Hopefully my holiday will be better than the rest of this week has been!

I do miss having my little guys scampering round the front room.

Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols! Empty Re: Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols!

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:46 pm

What a palava!! At least they got there in the end, and im sure they will have a lovely holiday too! Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols! Empty Re: Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols!

Post by Sue_pawz Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm sure they will.

I will be glad to see the back of August, I really will. This week in particular.

Hopefully in the morning I'll feel more enthusiastic about my holiday.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Sue_pawz wrote:I'm sure they will.

I will be glad to see the back of August, I really will. This week in particular.

Hopefully in the morning I'll feel more enthusiastic about my holiday.
Well you certainly deserve a nice break, i hope you have a lovely time! Very Happy Wave
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Oh dear, what a day you have had! Glad to hear the bunnies are now happy and settled at Tuckerbunnies and you can get down to enjoying your holiday! Wishing you a wonderful, stress free trip! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:39 am

It was very nice to meet you both and I only wish I had 'cake' in instead of just choccy biscuits, sorry about that Embarassed

Teddy and Toffee have settled in nicely and have both been sat in the large litter tray nomming hay, redigrass and some dried herbs ( well they are on their holidays now!) Laughing
They certainly love their food.

Just dropped Ted and Toffee for their hols! 31-8-12011

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:43 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
They certainly love their food.

They certainly do! Lovely to meet you too!

Glad to hear they've settled. One less thing to worry about.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 am

This is almost funny. OH went to clean the hamster. Tipped old sawdust into bin bag, went to cupboard... We are out of hay. We gave the car to a friend last night, so OH has had to dash to Tesco. I hope they have some in. If not I don't know what she'll do as she's not coping at all since the miscarriage, and I'm no better really Sad

Actually feel like if we get on plane our current stream of bad luck will make it crash.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:56 am

Sue_pawz wrote:This is almost funny. OH went to clean the hamster. Tipped old sawdust into bin bag, went to cupboard... We are out of hay. We gave the car to a friend last night, so OH has had to dash to Tesco. I hope they have some in. If not I don't know what she'll do as she's not coping at all since the miscarriage, and I'm no better really Sad

Actually feel like if we get on plane our current stream of bad luck will make it crash.

Oh if I'd have known I could have given you a bag of hay to take home with you.

I'm so sorry about the miscarriage I didn't know Crying or Very sad
A break away will do you both good so try and enjoy yourself and relax Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:08 am

Phew, sawdust purchased, hamster clean, almost packed with an hour and a half to spare!

OH miscarried on Tuesday. V early miscarriage but still painful for us. A week away should be good for us, and we can try again next month.

Best finish the packing...
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Enjoy your holiday, it is probably what you need Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 pm

If you didn;t need a holiday before love, you certainly do now. You have a great time. You couldn't write some real life expereinces and situations can you?

Have a good rest.

Hus

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:28 am

I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage, I hope you and your OH are ok. Hope the break does you both some good.

It's a given that things never go to plan on the day! I'm sure the buns will love the holiday at tuckerbunnies Smile
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 pm

oh my what a bad run you both are having and so sorry to hear about the miscarriage Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
you need this holiday to recover i hope you have a fantastic time and don't forget the piccies xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down