Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm feeling a bit guilty at the moment

5 posters

Go down

I'm feeling a bit guilty at the moment Empty I'm feeling a bit guilty at the moment

Post by Zo Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm working at a brand new store that hasn't opened yet, it opens on thursday, and we got into the store for the first time last tuesday, so from last tuesday to this thursday we're just filling it up with stock. They asked us before hand when we could do extra hours, and I put down about 4 days over the 2 weeks that I could do extra hours on, when we got our hours back they'd given me eight 10 hour shifts over the course of the 2 weeks. I didn't feel like I could say I couldn't do said hours, cause they get a bit funny about it and I need to get a permanent position here

The problem is I've been getting home at 7, by the time I'd eaten it was 7:30, I'd go up and let Hector out, but by 9 I am completely knackered, so he's getting hardly any time out at the moment. I'm worried about him because he hasn't binkied while I've been doing these hours, he's stopped flopping, he occassionally does a bunny 500 around my room, but not nearly as much as before, usually when I leave my room I pop him in his crate, but he seems to find this very distressing and shakes his bars

I don't know what to do, he'll be out roughly half of the day on weds, but tomorrow, thursday, friday and saturday I'm doing 10 hr shifts again
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

I'm feeling a bit guilty at the moment Empty Re: I'm feeling a bit guilty at the moment

Post by FluffSlave Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 pm

This was my problem with Willow - as my sixth form work increased and I wanted to go out more, she reacted in much the same way. Getting her Mojo has given her a new lease of life and I'm very lucky in that I had the room next door to put them into.

Hmm, does he have to be caged? Is there no way he could be free range with certain areas blocked off instead?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

I'm feeling a bit guilty at the moment Empty Re: I'm feeling a bit guilty at the moment

Post by fiver Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm

can't offer much advice zo but maybe as fluffs says does he have to be caged can he free roam but will also say this is not going to go on forever is it so he should be ok for a short time just make sure you give him extra attention when you can too.
and also hugs for you both Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:07 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Hmm, does he have to be caged? Is there no way he could be free range with certain areas blocked off instead?
This was my thought too - if you are able to give him more space and more to do that might help.

Otherwise, I would not worry too much if it is short term. Out Hu-parents go on holiday next Sunday so we're not going to have much human company for a week. Jack, Layla and I are planning our strategy for when they get back - pretending not to know who they are, thumping, pretending to be scared of them etc. etc. but we'll have forgotten about all that two meals later Rolling Eyes
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Make sure there are toys left to entertain. What does Hector like? Does he have a furry animal? Roary loves to groom(and hump No ) his unicorn toy.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm considering getting him a rabbit soft toy, so he feels he still has company, I'll sleep with it in my bed for a few nights so it smells of me.

I'm hoping he'll be ok, I would love to have him free ranging in my room, I think he'd really suit it since he doesn't try to chew the skirting, or my secretary chest, but keeping him off of my bed is a big issue, and I'm also not sure the parents would be keen (Mum is convinced that our dogs are going to jump over the baby gate in the kitchen, come up to my room, open my door, open Hector's crate, and then eat him No )
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Maybe I should get him one of these Laughing
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, a soft toy will probably help him.

He should be okay as long as this is not a permanent thing. Trust me, I know the feeling of the impossible-ness of trying to keep them off the bed. If he's not much of a jumper you could try blocking it off with a screen like I did - I bought a fabric playpen and put it in front of my bed in an attempt to stop Willow jumping up. Unfortunately she was very athletic Rolling Eyes
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down