Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling guilty.

4 posters

Go down

Feeling guilty. Empty Feeling guilty.

Post by Tracyuk Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:59 pm

I got Mimi last summer, the plan was to bond her with my other two but it never happened. Anyway, after living in my upstairs in my spare bedroom for a while I managed to create a multi story bunny place for the three. Rory and Lola underneath and Mimi on top, the thing is I feel like she is lonely, I see her watching the other two playing. I keep trying to bond but she is terrified of Lola, the noises Mimi makes is heart breaking. What should I do? She is such a beautiful bun, so gentle and loves nose rubs. She is also putting on weight because she doesnt get out as much as she should. (Please dont judge me, I love my buns but am so busy Sad ) I cant part with her but jason wont let me have four in the house. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I hate thinking she is so sad.
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Feeling guilty. Empty Re: Feeling guilty.

Post by Kirsty&Lola Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:28 pm

i'm sorry i have no bonding advice as i'm a total novice - but you are doing the very best you can for Mimi and giving her all the love you can. is there a chance your OH may consider another bunny in the future, as possible outdoor buns (if that's possible for you)
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Kirsty&Lola wrote:i'm sorry i have no bonding advice as i'm a total novice - but you are doing the very best you can for Mimi and giving her all the love you can. is there a chance your OH may consider another bunny in the future, as possible outdoor buns (if that's possible for you)
We dont have much of a back yard but that is something I have thought about.
I have even thought about re homing her, it would break my heart but I want the best for her, anyway Jason wont have it. He loves her too, she really is the sweetest bun.
I need to make more effort in letting her out and spending more time with her. She is out and about now, She keeps trying to get to the other too, she desperatly wants to play and Rory would but Lola is a cow bag! She is binkying as we speak!
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:34 pm

can you explain to him about how sad lonely buns get?

have you had a rescue attempt a trio bonding or was it you by yourself?

i don't know what to suggest i'm afraid. Sad
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Oh hun I know exactly how you feel as OH won't let me have another bun and Chance is alone. Whilst I am off work it is fine but when I have to go back I will worry. I feel so guilty. Is there anyway Mimi could bond with Rory too and perhaps have daily play time with him? I have done part day bonds before.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:Oh hun I know exactly how you feel as OH won't let me have another bun and Chance is alone. Whilst I am off work it is fine but when I have to go back I will worry. I feel so guilty. Is there anyway Mimi could bond with Rory too and perhaps have daily play time with him? I have done part day bonds before.
Rory loves her, I worry that Lola would fight with him if he saw Mimi on the side. Mimi loves him too its Lola she is scared of.
Ive not heard of this before, more info pls!
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down