Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you try Lapinject after 5 years of Cylap

3 posters

Go down

Would you try Lapinject after 5 years of Cylap Empty Would you try Lapinject after 5 years of Cylap

Post by rallybunny Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Evo has always had the Cylap VHD jab, and has always reacted to it - not eating etc. I was at the vet today, booking his myxi jab, and noticed that they also had Lapinject (it's only a small surgery, so they bring a basket of meds over from the main surgery - I noticed it in the basket). I was considering trying Evo on it this time, seeing as he's always so bad on the Cylap, but is it worth the risk that he could react worse to this, or is it unlikely??? He's 5 now, so this will be his 6th time of getting the VHD vaccine.
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Would you try Lapinject after 5 years of Cylap Empty Re: Would you try Lapinject after 5 years of Cylap

Post by racheld69 Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 pm

one of mine had a reaction to cylap - apparently lapinject is a. much cheaper (so they shouldn't charge you as much) and b. loads less likely to cause a reaction.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Would you try Lapinject after 5 years of Cylap Empty Re: Would you try Lapinject after 5 years of Cylap

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:56 pm

I always use Lapinject and thus far noBun has had any adverse reactions at all

*touches wood*

I have had several Buns react to Cylap- post vaccination limp, skin reactions, GI stasis.

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Thanks Jane and Rachel. Smile I will ask the vet when I take him for his myxi anyway, as the VHD is due after.

Has anyone used Lapinject in a bun that has previously reacted to Cylap?
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:57 pm

We went onto Lapinject after hearing of the reactions other people experienced with Cylap.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:56 am

rallybunny wrote:

Has anyone used Lapinject in a bun that has previously reacted to Cylap?

Yes and they did not have an adverse reaction to the Lapinject

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down