Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reactions to Lapinject

4 posters

Go down

Reactions to Lapinject Empty Reactions to Lapinject

Post by NickieM Mon May 31, 2010 9:03 pm

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=230594

Just spotted this thread on another forum. Seems that Lapinject is having reactions too. Quite worrying now that I have managed to get my vet to agree to order it for my buns when they next need their jabs.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Reactions to Lapinject Empty Re: Reactions to Lapinject

Post by Snowy Mon May 31, 2010 9:40 pm

In the last 12 months I have had over 75 VHD'd with Lapinject and never had a problem scratch
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm quite shocked that people are reporting bad reactions to Lapinject. When I had Elijah neutered recently FHB was prepared to vaccinate him with Lapinject on the same day as his op. Circumstances changed and he had his op a week early but she must have a lot of confidence in the vaccine to be prepared to do that. That thread is the first time I've read any bad reactions to it. My buns definitely won't be having Cylap again and I don't want not to vaccinate so I hope it all blows over Hmmm

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 am

Both your replies are very relieving for me. Especially Theo, who has such a lot of buns to vaccinate that by the laws of probability, she would see a reaction, if such existed. Hoping this isn't just being started by vets who like using Cylap and are being a bit cynical about changing vaccine.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by englishsable Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:51 am

My rabbits have been vaccinated with lapinject as their parents had a horrific reaction to cylap, i have never had a problem with lapinject (touch wood). It can be a difficult decision what to vaccinate with especially when you change to lapinject and see some peoples animals have reacted but it needs to be put into prespective, have as many rabbits reacted to lapinject as cylap?!! I personally feel as the cylap data sheet has been changed to say 50% of animals vaccinated react is enough for me to never ever use it again Smile

englishsable
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down