Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Jeff Please/ UD Jeff now back home :-)

+12
SarahJane
Amelia66
JoeyBunsMum
jolovesbunnies
BugsBunny
fiver
gentl
Thumper2001
Yorkshire Debs
Sparky
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vibes for Jeff Please/ UD Jeff now back home :-) - Page 4 Empty Re: Vibes for Jeff Please/ UD Jeff now back home :-)

Post by Sparky Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Jeff and Lexi have just gone home Crying or Very sad  
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs They'll be back before you know it.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Jeff Please/ UD Jeff now back home :-) - Page 4 Empty Re: Vibes for Jeff Please/ UD Jeff now back home :-)

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Jeff and Lexi are back in their hutch/run now after a painful journey down the A1 in the rain.
Jeff has been pootling about chinning everything and dived straight into the hay. Lexi doesn't travel too well, bless her, and is definitely the more timid of the two, so she has spent most of the time in the upstairs covered bit of the hutch..that's pretty normal after she's been away. I'll leave them both be to settle in and check on them in a little while.
I got a bit of nuzzling from Jeff and some kisses Love once he'd trundled round for a while.....lovely!!
I can hear the occasional bounce of the jingly ball in their run, so I guess someone's having a play Smile 

Glad you liked the goodies Maysie Smile  Least I could do to say thank you for all you've done. I'll let you know how he gets on.
Take care
xxxxx

Last edited by Yorkshire Debs on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm glad Jeff and Lexi are back home with you. Jeff Love was quite
a little trooper. He did really, really well!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:03 pm

How's Jeff today Debs..we have been thinking about him Love Love 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Hello! Wave 
He's doing really well Smile 
It poured and poured last night so they were all tucked up in their hutch/run for most of the evening... didn't eat much of their veggies No but dashed up for their bedtime fenugreek crunchie.

They spent most of the morning snoozing but have been out on the lawn this afternoon - I'm trying to upload a short video of them binkying around to Photobucket but it keeps giving me an error message...grrrr. Anyway, Lexi is chilling out a bit (she has seemed a bit stressed since getting back) and Jeff has been hurtling and bouncing for all he's worth......a Ninja once more Love 

We're about to pop them back in their hutch so will have a good look at his cheek and take a photo for you.

Hopefully will post the video later in the photoshoot section.
xxxxxx
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Glad to hear Jeff is doing so well that's good especially that he is back to being Ninja Jeff. Very Happy 

I wouldn't worry about them not eating all their veggies and Lexi being a bit stressed at the moment as they have both been through a lot and it will take them a couple of days to settle back in at home although Jeff seems settled.

I would think they eat their veggies tonight as I don't expect their car journey home yesterday helped put them in the mood for eating.

Let me know if they eat tonight and if Lexi brightens up won't you.

Thanks Debs xxx

I will answer your email later as well. I was suppose to be doing that this afternoon but I emailed my Sister as she is ill with pleurisy Sad  inbetween looking on HH.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Hello,

Well...both seemed a little nervous back in the hutch again...although I think Jeff was in a huff about being picked up, examined and photo'd...lots of foot flicking.
Both a little picky with their veg....but they had a bit at least. Eating loads of hay though and ate grass when they were on the lawn so I'm not too worried - it can take them a couple of days to settle down and get used to the sounds and smells again.

Here's a pic of Jeff: he shrank his head back like a tortoise though so it was hard to get a good photo of the area, but it's looking really good Smile
I've uploaded a video to Photobucket of them playing in the garden, so I'll post that over on the bunny photoshoot section now.

Vibes for Jeff Please/ UD Jeff now back home :-) - Page 4 P1010070

Sorry to hear about your sister Maysie - hope she get better soon Hugs 

xxx
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 am

Wow! You would never know Jeff had surgery! Good job Jeff! Love 
I'm sure that they will settle in Deb.

Maysie, sending vibes and saying prayers for your sister! Pleuracy can be quite painful. Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:47 am

gentl wrote:Wow!  You would never know Jeff had surgery!  Good job Jeff! Love 
I'm sure that they will settle in Deb.

Maysie, sending vibes and saying prayers for your sister!  Pleuracy can be quite painful. Hugs 
Thanks Holly I'm a bit worried about her as she had a bad night on Saturday, she has had this before and she's on a strong antibiotic. Hugs Hugs 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:03 am

Yorkshire Debs wrote:Hello,

Well...both seemed a little nervous back in the hutch again...although I think Jeff was in a huff about being picked up, examined and photo'd...lots of foot flicking.
Both a little picky with their veg....but they had a bit at least. Eating loads of hay though and ate grass when they were on the lawn so I'm not too worried - it can take them a couple of days to settle down and get used to the sounds and smells again.

Here's a pic of Jeff: he shrank his head back like a tortoise though so it was hard to get a good photo of the area, but it's looking really good Smile
I've uploaded a video to Photobucket of them playing in the garden, so I'll post that over on the bunny photoshoot section now.

Vibes for Jeff Please/ UD Jeff now back home :-) - Page 4 P1010070

Sorry to hear about your sister Maysie - hope she get better soon Hugs 

xxx
His wound is looking better every day isn't it, you will find it will scab over and they usually come off by themselves so don't worry about that.

They ate really well here and ate everything up, they had a little bit of Spring greens, broccoli, 1 mange tout, corriander, flat leafed parsley, rocket, celery and carrots and a little Kale. A dish each, morning and evening in fact Jeff has eaten well despite his op but don't worry they have just got home after three weeks away and they need to get settled again and they will.

If they are eating hay and grass that's great.

We have missed them today so much.

Thank's for this Debs I do appreciate it
xxxxxx Hugs Hugs 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 am

Hello,
Well, no worries about Lexi eating this morning....she was the first one out to the veggies this morning...in fact had her face in the bowl before it even touched the ground Laughing   Still a bit timid.....but that will ease off and as long as she's eating ok I've no worries.
And as for Jeff....uppy-eared, happy and full of beans Smile

Maysie - hopefully the antibiotics are helping and your sister will see an improvement soon Hugs 

xxx
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 am

Well, no worries about Lexi eating this morning....she was the first one out to the veggies this morning...in fact had her face in the bowl before it even touched the ground Laughing   Still a bit timid.....but that will ease off and as long as she's eating ok I've no worries.

Maysie - hopefully the antibiotics are helping and your sister will see an improvement soon Hugs 

xxx
That's great! I thought they might start to eat better once they settle back in. Is Lexi usually a bit timid? I suppose she has felt a little bit left out with Jeff getting all the attention but I did make a point of giving her cuddles and a fenugreek crunchie more than Jeff to make up for it Smile 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Absolutely fantastic love, nom noming is always a good sign of feeling better.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm chuffed to bits Jeff is doing so well cheers 

And I'm really hoping you got that video uploaded Laughing 

Lots of vibes for your poorly sister, too, Maysie Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Sparky wrote:I'm chuffed to bits Jeff is doing so well cheers 

And I'm really hoping you got that video uploaded Laughing 

Lots of vibes for your poorly sister, too, Maysie Hugs Hugs Hugs 
Yup Sparky, so good to see him doing so well...and yes the video is uploaded Smile
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

xxx
That's great! I thought they might start to eat better once they settle back in. Is Lexi usually a bit timid? I suppose she has felt a little bit left out with Jeff getting all the attention but I did make a point of giving her cuddles and a fenugreek crunchie more than Jeff to make up for it Smile 
Maysie - forgot to answer your question about Lexi - yes she can be timid.She doesn't enjoy traveling; usually hides her face under Jeff's tum when at the vet's; is always the more reluctant to come over especially if there are new voices (whereas Jeff is over like a flash hoping for food Smile). Definitely the more wary of the two of them. Don't know if it dates back to her traumatic early part of her life before she got dumped at the Rescue??

Anyway, another afternoon in the garden for them today - more hurtling and jumping from both of them. Love 
Lexi ate her tea fine now and by this evening was much less timid, coming up to take a FC from my hand at tucking up time, which she wouldn't do last night....all just adjusting to being back.

Jeff's face is looking even better - the fur is growing back well and it's quite hard to see where the abscess was now. Quite amazing how well he's healed  Love 
xxx
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:21 pm

How is the 'Ninja' doing Debs? Smile   

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:32 pm

He's doing so well Maysie, thanks for asking. Eating well, charging about......you know how he is Love 
The fur is growing back well....still looks a bit lop-sided if you look at him face-on, but it's growing back really well.

One thing I'm not exactly worried about, but just not sure of....with the tooth that was taken out, presumably there will be a tooth in the opposite jaw that it should work against. I guess that one will keep growing now there's nothing to grind against? How fast do rabbit teeth grow? I guess it'll need burring down every so often?

Big hugs to you Maysie, and thanks for remembering the Ninja when you have so many bunny worries and sadness right now.
xxxx
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm

I think they do manage to grind the teeth down themselves as the jaw works in like a circular motion if you understand what I mean. Honor did ask about Jeff and how he was doing yesterday when Mike was at the vet's and she told Mike to tell you to get his teeth checked regularly about every 3-4 months.

I'm glad he is doing so well.

I can't forget Jeff xxx Hugs Hugs 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:58 pm

I know what you mean....just worried I guess that he'll get a spur on that tooth quite quickly as he's a bit misaligned anyway....but 3-4 months is ok, worried it might be weeks rather than months.
Lexi has had one dental already so we'll get them both checked out together. Bit more straightforward with Lexi - she sits at the back of the run, won't even come out for banana, and gives me filthy looks...you know exactly when something's wrong. But Jeff - keeps eating, keeps hopping, keeps giving kisses......so hard to tell.
Bless Honor for asking about him. Looks like she did a great job!!
xxx
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Yorkshire Debs wrote:I know what you mean....just worried I guess that he'll get a spur on that tooth quite quickly as he's a bit misaligned anyway....but 3-4 months is ok, worried it might be weeks rather than months.
Lexi has had one dental already so we'll get them both checked out together. Bit more straightforward with Lexi - she sits at the back of the run, won't even come out for banana, and gives me filthy looks...you know exactly when something's wrong. But Jeff - keeps eating, keeps hopping, keeps giving kisses......so hard to tell.
Bless Honor for asking about him. Looks like she did a great job!!
xxx
Honor is very good at dentals, she came highly recommended as a rabbit vet when we moved here and we registered with them and we are so glad we did. Mike often will ring her for advice.
xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:13 pm

I wish we lived closer....2 and a half hours from us? Wonder how to tell our vet to burr the spur off instead of clipping it off.... Sad
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:19 pm

Yorkshire Debs wrote:I wish we lived closer....2 and a half hours from us? Wonder how to tell our vet to burr the spur off instead of clipping it off.... Sad
Mike said ask them how they do the dentals , do they burr or clip them, ask in future if they can burr them if it's clip Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Yes, I guess I just have to be straight with them.....I must admit I was quite shocked when the vet nurse showed me the spur...I could picture it being clipped off and thought that must be quite a shock for the tooth. Didn't think to ask beforehand...Sad  If I had, poor Jeff might have avoided all the abscess troubles Crying or Very sad
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Yorkshire Debs wrote:Yes, I guess I just have to be straight with them.....I must admit I was quite shocked when the vet nurse showed me the spur...I could picture it being clipped off and thought that must be quite a shock for the tooth. Didn't think to ask beforehand...Sad  If I had, poor Jeff might have avoided all the abscess troubles Crying or Very sad
Well the trouble is you don't know 100% if clipping the tooth caused the abscess that's the problem Sad 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next