Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Mr Mo please :(

+8
The Snowman
jolovesbunnies
marleyNfriends
KatieB
bunny boy
Sixer
c.bolduan
FluffSlave
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vibes for Mr Mo please :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes for Mr Mo please :(

Post by BugsBunny Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:13 am

marleyNfriends wrote:Had any more thoughts since sleeping on it? I figured, whatever you decide, its not a decision you're going to come to quickly, or take lightly!

What if Mo went to Fat Fluffs, what about Willow? Would you find her another friend? If not, have you thought about how she may cope on her own? Either of them, infact? They might not seem too loved up, but you'd be surprised how much of a difference having each other does make, and how much they may change when they become single.

c.bolduan wrote:Is this caled pig in the middle?
Not a nice place to be.
And no easy lets do.....  solution to it.

I think Id call this being caught between a rock and a hard place, as they say!

These are good questions.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Sophia has made a good point. Gabe and Noo were never loved up in the way that the other two pairs were but he definitely lost some of his bounce when little Noo passed away. I wouldn't say that he was loved up with Spring either - frankly Gabe is a bit of a selfish so and so - but they do make a difference to each other's lives.

I understand your dilemma however and really feel for you Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks guys Hugs

Mo would be a permanent resident at Fat Fluffs and be bonded into Chloe's big group so I think he would do ok. It's Willow I'm worried about. She loves people and would be happy enough as a house bun (I think), but is it still cruel for a bonded bun to go solo again? If I did go ahead with this she would of course move back into my room/living room for company.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:05 pm

This post is by no means meant as judgemental. I'm very good at coming across wrong Wink Laughing

I couldn't split up a bonded pair. Well, I couldn't split up Molly and Junior. I just don't think one would function right without the other. They're too used to being together. But your situation is very different. Molly and Junior have been together their whole lives, and your two are displaying different needs which perhaps is making them incompatible.

If I was to lose one of them (doesn't bear thinking about!) I'm pretty sure I'd need to get the remaining one a new partner. Molly, to keep her occupied as she bores VERY easily, and for Junior to give him confidence to even get up in the morning.

It's so difficult to answer your questions because we don't really see how they function together, or how willow functions as a single bun. But tbh I think I'd get her another friend. If you have to let Mojo go you could always see how Willow gets on, and search for a friend just in case you need to get one quickly.

Sorry, not much help!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:22 pm

I've had a massive bust up with my mum over this Sad

She understands that it is probably in Mo's best interests to go to Fat Fluffs. However, she doesn't understand the implications of seperating them and keeping Willow on her own again - to her, their 'just rabbits'.

There are so many things to consider about having Willow on her own. I would feel tied down to the house most evenings at least as she'd be on her own all day. I'd need to rabbit-proof the living room so she could come up there with us when we watch TV in the evenings - I'm not sure my mum will even let her up there. Where would she go when I go and stay with my boyfriend's family? I always stay there for a few days a few times a year - I couldn't just leave her on her own. I have considered her staying at my mum's for a few days, but that is 'dog permitting' e.g. if they all get on ok. Is this overwhelming for her?

And then of course there is the burning question of how will she cope alone. If she didn't cope, I can't really see another bun being an option. Financially it's a struggle with two at the moment - I'm currently using my student loan and any money from work on my vet's bills. I am looking to move out in the next year and need to start "downsizing" - adding another bun to the animal clan doesn't help this. Added to that are the additional cost risks that come with another bun - whose to say this bun won't have problems? And finally, that's if Willow even would accept another rabbit.

My mind is racing. I really don't know what to do for the best. I want to say I'll "see how she goes on her own" but the truth is, I don't think I am able to fix the situation for her if she becomes lonely/depressed. Then I'll feel awful that I took her friend away.

I am totally unsupported at home. I was berated for 40 minutes this evening about how "I'm OTT, the rabbit will be fine on it's own - what about Christmas, birthdays, days/nights out? - "well she'll just have to cope".

I honestly don't know what to do for the best Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:12 am

I also don't want to sound mean or harsh so if my post comes across as that I'm not explaining it well.

I also could not and would not separate a bonded pair. They aren't showing issues towards each other and i would feel its mean to take one away meaning the other is left to assume hes gone and pine for them. Even if they seem not to have the greatest bond when you are there [as willow is more used to you] that does not mean without you they don't have a strong bond.

I also think its unfair on her if you take mo away and are not prepared both physically and financially to get her a partner should she be upset, because to me that's not thinking in her best interests. Even getting her a new partner you could end up in exactly the same situation you are in now.

Like you say she would need more time from you and it sounds like you are busy enough already. You need to have a very careful think before sending him back to fat fluffs as once that's done there is no going back because that would be so traumatising for him.

Also where are they going to live when you move out? are you going to have a garden? find somewhere that allows pets and pay a higher deposit? or is she going to stay at your parents? all things to think about as you would have to re think their set up too. Would he be happier when you have moved out and there are less people/animals in the house?

The only other option is to think of finding a way for them to stay together even if it means them both going to someone else.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:37 am

These are all good questions. I am not totally against the idea of getting Willow a friend if she wasn't coping alone, but that's not an ideal situation really. However, I would not allow her to become lonely and depressed just because of that.

The animals will all come with me when I move out. We are hoping to find somewhere that allows pets, yes. Mo could well be happier living in a quieter house but that won't be for a while yet and I have to consider his health at present.

I'm not making any decisions hastily or right now. I need to really think about it and I understand that.

I could never rehome Willow. It kills me to think about letting Mojo go Amelia, it's only because it's what's best for him that I can even consider it. I would get another rabbit before I rehomed Willow.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 am

Can you remind me why Willow can't live outside? My mind has gone blank Embarassed
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:29 am

Her Pasteurella. When she was outside she got really poorly when it was damp. Also, she would be miserable out there. She likes the indoor life xx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks. So she couldn't go with Mojo anyway then. I really don't know what to suggest Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:56 pm

No, she couldn't Sad

At the moment I am just keeping an eye on him and seeing how he goes. His appetite is back and Spring is growing ever closer which means he can have a lot more time outdoors. I am just going to see how things go for a while before making any hasty decisions...
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I am glad his appetite is back hun, lots of healing vibes coming.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:28 pm

How is Mr Mo today?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:33 pm

He is better thank you Very Happy

His appetite is back and he seems to be tucking into things with much more enthusiasm - maybe the tiny spurs were affecting the sensitive little lad.

I even let them have a 10 minute blast around the garden and he gave me a few impressive binkies Happy Dance
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:18 pm

He is really back to his lovely old self then, I am so pleased for you both. Sending lots of cuddles. Hugs

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by The Snowman Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Pleased Mr Mo seems so much better! Great News x
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 pm

Aww thats fab, glad he's feeling better Smile
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 pm

What good news!Thumbs Up Keep going Mr. Mo.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2