Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need lots of vibes for Molly Moo please - U/D Monday - home

+6
jolovesbunnies
NickieM
The Snowman
Amelia66
KatieB
Thumper2001
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need lots of vibes for Molly Moo please - U/D Monday - home Empty Need lots of vibes for Molly Moo please - U/D Monday - home

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Just been to the out of hours vet and had to leave my babies there Crying or Very sad

Molly is really not well. I was suspicious this morning when she wasn't very interested in breakfast so checked in on them frequently and Molly was quickly going down hill. She went from not eating to flopping about in a few hours.

They think she has some spurs but they're more concerns about her super low temperature.

The vet seemed really concerned. Which has completely put me on edge.

Hope my princess is going to be ok Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Need lots of vibes for Molly Moo please - U/D Monday - home Empty Re: Need lots of vibes for Molly Moo please - U/D Monday - home

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:20 pm

I am shocked to hear this, molly is normally so robust. Loads of vibes for you and her. Hugs

Back to top Go down

Need lots of vibes for Molly Moo please - U/D Monday - home Empty Re: Need lots of vibes for Molly Moo please - U/D Monday - home

Post by KatieB Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Oh hunni - she seemed so well yesterday! I really hope she is ok hun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Oh no! mega vibes for Molly Hugs Hugs
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Snowman Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Sending lots and lots of get well vibes for the very beautiful Molly xxxx
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Oh No! She was absolutely fine yesterday. I hope she is better soon and it is just her having a strop. Perhaps me forcibly stroking her nose was just too much!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Oh sweetheart, I am so very sorry. Lots of vibes are on their way along with cuddles.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Oh gosh, poor Molly and poor you. Has the vet mentioned any suggestions except the spurs? Oodles of vibes are on their way.
And hugs too:hugs:

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 am

I called to check on them at 8:30 and no change really Sad They said she was a little more lively but they had just syringe fed her so no doubt she would have been seriously peed off.

I really am fearing the worst. I probably sound like I'm being dramatic but the vibes coming off the vet were really not good. And she went downhill so fast Sad

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I am shocked to hear this, molly is normally so robust. Loads of vibes for you and her. Hugs
I'm shocked too Sad

NickieM wrote:Oh No!  She was absolutely fine yesterday.  I hope she is better soon and it is just her having a strop.  Perhaps me forcibly stroking her nose was just too much!
Perhaps that's it Nickie, she's just knackered from washing the hoomin smell off her Wink

c.bolduan wrote:Oh gosh, poor Molly and poor you. Has the vet mentioned any suggestions except the spurs? Oodles of vibes are on their way.
And hugs too:hugs:
I really don't know Sad It's all a bit of a blur. I was in there for about 40 minutes on my own and it was a lot to take in. This is why I like someone coming to the vet with me, my brain goes to mush when I'm in there with an unwell bunny.

She's getting a GA and dental on Monday regardless, but the vet said the super low temp can't have anything to do with her teeth Hmmm

If anyone has any ideas or advice then I'm all ears!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:59 am

I hope she did well overnight hun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:02 am

What else are they doing for her? Low temp can be associated with stasis. Are they giving a gut stimulant, metacam and extra fluids? All of these could be helpful. How about an xray to check for a blockage?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:43 am

KatieB wrote:I hope she did well overnight hun x
Thanks. Me too!

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:What else are they doing for her? Low temp can be associated with stasis. Are they giving a gut stimulant, metacam and extra fluids? All of these could be helpful. How about an xray to check for a blockage?
Yeah. They gave her 2 injections before I left. A pain killer (not sure if it was metacam tho!) and the gut stimulant that I'm never going to be able to say or spell... It's a meta name too.

When I spoke to them last night they said they hadn't taken her temp again sonce I left because they were stressing her out enough syringe feeding, so that'll be done again today.

They are also going to be dividing them up today so they can tell 100% if she is eating or pooping. Food doesn't stand a chance with Junior around! They'll be in side by side pens.

I'll update uz once I've phoned after 10.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 am

Oops, forgot to say. When we spoke about a blockage the nurse said they'd have a good feel around her, but the vet already did that when I was there and didn't feel anything.

She mentioned X-rays but unless she takes a turn for the worse today they'll wait to do that until she's under GA for her teeth.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 am

It would have been metaclopramide. Bruce gets stasis when he has spurs because he stops eating due to the pain. It would be a good idea to get them to xray molly's jaw and work out why she has the spurs. If it is a problem with the way her jaw is formed then it is a good idea to get the vets to give you some metacam for when you begin to notice the signs if spurs. Then you shouldn't find that she gets to this point. If its not a jaw alignment problem then Molly might have to learn to eat some different things!

It sounds as if the vets have it covered at the moment so fingers crossed she will recover quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:39 am

Thanks, Cheryl. Do you know is Bruce's temp gets low when this happens to him?

Molly used to be a fabulous hay eater, but since her last dental the hay doesn't go down like it used to Hmmm They are eating it but she's just not enthusiastic about it like she used to be.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:52 am

How is Molly? Any updates? Holding fingers and paws crossed here.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:55 am

I'm in asda Laughing I'll update properly when I get home but she's doing ok Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:48 pm

I have never taken his temperature, but if he starts during the night he is normally quite weak and a little floppy in the morning. The answer is normally to get pain relief, gut stimulant, fluid and food into him in that order. He then normally picks up before we get to the vets.

If she had previously gone off hay then I would really reccomend that xray. It suggests that there was something a little off last time. Maybe an unseen little spur or cut or long roots. She may benefit from having metacam for a week after to stimulate her want to eat the hay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks for the advice, Cheryl Smile I'm going to phone again later this afternoon and again at night so will mention it to them.

The nurse told me when I phoned:
Her temperature is back to normal
She is brighter
She has eaten a little bit of banana, but is showing no signs of wanting to eat anything else
They've divided them up (side by side) and she has most definitely passed some poop!

So she's definitely better than she was yesterday!

I'm so relieved.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Thumbs Up Very Happy cheers

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by The Snowman Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Glad its positive news for Molly xx Hoping she continues to make a speedy recovery.
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Delighted to hear she is on the mend xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Lots of vibes for the Moo bun to make a full and speedy recovery Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:50 pm

That is great news hun, lots of cuddles are on their way. Hugs Hugs

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks guys Smile

I phoned again twice today and no change. At least we know there's no blockage because she's pooping no problem on the recovery food.

Must be those pesky teeth! Still doesn't explain the low temp tho. Unless stasis was trying to set in and we caught it quickly. Can't think what else it could have been. But I'm no vet!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next