Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the bunnies vaccinations up to date?

+3
KatieB
FluffSlave
c.bolduan
7 posters

Go down

Are the bunnies vaccinations up to date? Empty Are the bunnies vaccinations up to date?

Post by c.bolduan Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:17 am

Surely most of hoppers would say of course.
And then me toddles along. Mhm:pale:
Been so busy with D'Layla and work and......
Yesterday I groomed Bubbles as all three buns are in moult. And to please and calm her I told her "your GOTCH day is coming up soon. What would you fancy. A castle or does mummy need to shop around. Then the second thought. GOTCH day means she was vaccinated before. When was she due?
Checked and found d'Layla due April 15 the other two May 15.
Hang on it is end of July. Ooops🇳🇴Suspectconfused
Booked in with the vet straight away and they all had their jab yesterday. Needles to say that neither was pleased or appreciative of this. And I felt a right fool.HBWS

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Are the bunnies vaccinations up to date? Empty Re: Are the bunnies vaccinations up to date?

Post by FluffSlave Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Oh, don't feel silly - it's easily done with everything you've had going on! Hugs

Do your vets not remind you? My vets send me a card when their vaccs are due Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Are the bunnies vaccinations up to date? Empty Re: Are the bunnies vaccinations up to date?

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Its easily done! in fact I'm going to ring the vets in the morning and find out when mine are due! I'm panicking now!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:57 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Oh, don't feel silly - it's easily done with everything you've had going on! Hugs

Do your vets not remind you? My vets send me a card when their vaccs are due Thumbs Up
They do for the cats but not for the bunnies. I have suggested it yesterday!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 pm

It has happened to us all honey, sometimes they just slip through the net so to speak with everything else going on in our lives. We are lucky, we are reminded for puss and bunny too Fluffslave love.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 pm

Loll always got a card addressed to him, to remind him, to remind me it was boosters time!
Don't know if the new vets Henry sees send out reminds, I expect they do, being a small animals only practice.
Henners vet, the gorgeous Alex, came out to vaccinate him at home and to give him a health check and a pedicure a couple of weeks ago.
It's easy to forget boosters though, especially after the time you have had with poor D'Layla.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:05 pm

I love that Woodwench  hun, I don't think our vet is quite as imaginative Laughing 

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:33 pm

They may have imagination but the last time I had dealings with Loll's vets they had little bunny knowledge.
The cards were good though, addressed to Mr Laurie ******* and stating "Dear Mr Laurie, it's that time again. We wish to remind you that to be safe from all those nasty bunny illnesses you should remind your human caregiver that your vaccinations are due agian. We look forward to seeing you both at the surgery very soon."
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:17 am

Rwoodwench wrote:They may have imagination but the last time I had dealings with Loll's vets they had little bunny knowledge.
The cards were good though, addressed to Mr Laurie ******* and stating "Dear Mr Laurie, it's that time again. We wish to remind you that to be safe from all those nasty bunny illnesses you should remind your human caregiver that your vaccinations are due agian. We look forward to seeing you both at the surgery very soon."
Great I I've this can I copy it? cheers Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:43 pm

I can't imagine that worked did it Dee?

No self respecting bun is going to pass on a message like that surely! More likely that the letter was hidden or better still eaten!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by nethie Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:08 pm

mabel had hers in may a few week later then planned as she had dental, and was advised dental was more important at time, and then to wait a week or more after dental due to GA, but she up to date now

nethie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2334
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:26 pm

That is true too, if he had received it first and knowing he was going to be injected he would have hidden it, like a kiddie hiding a bad school report LOL!!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Aw you weren't the first and you certainly won't be the last!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:22 pm

It only worked because I read his mail!
Copy it? yeah, can't see why not.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down