Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So zelda has a lot of mats around her dewlap area

3 posters

Go down

So zelda has a lot of mats around her dewlap area Empty So zelda has a lot of mats around her dewlap area

Post by Zo Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:31 am

Her dewlap is just starting to come in, do you think it has anything to do with that? I've only brushed her once since i got her b/c I'm trying to build up the trust (and she hasn't needed it as she's only just started moulting) but i never brush their fronts even with hector since they're so hard to get too.

I wondered if she could just be loosing her baby fur but I'm sure hec lost his before he was 6 months old?
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

So zelda has a lot of mats around her dewlap area Empty Re: So zelda has a lot of mats around her dewlap area

Post by woodwench Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:38 pm

Not an easy spot to get at.
Try getting her used to the brushing by gently "stroking" her with the brush while she is enjoying her food. She will soon be enjoying a good grooming.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

So zelda has a lot of mats around her dewlap area Empty Re: So zelda has a lot of mats around her dewlap area

Post by nethie Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:48 pm

your bunny is gorgeous Love yes as above dewlap area is one of the hard areas, especially if they aren't to keen or used to it, my bun has been shedding like crazy all year, when we had the heatwave I trimmed it right down in that area and on her belly but she is used to the handling daily grooming etc

when she was younger I used to try and get her to stand up for treat and use soft brush to try and get her used to the brushes

nethie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2334
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down