Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annabelle has a lump - ud. Bad news

+9
Big Ears
woodwench
jolovesbunnies
freecycle_rabbit
gemma997
Sixer
iiisecondcreep
Thumper2001
KatieB
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Annabelle has a lump - ud. Bad news - Page 3 Empty Re: Annabelle has a lump - ud. Bad news

Post by KatieB Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:25 pm

I can understand why the Angels want her, she's beautiful.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Annabelle has a lump - ud. Bad news - Page 3 Empty Re: Annabelle has a lump - ud. Bad news

Post by woodwench Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:41 pm

So, so sorry. No need to say more as we all know how you feel, and vice versa.
And here I'm worrying about Henry's snuffle.... this brings it into perspective.
Hugs Hugs Hugs
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So cruel, so unfair. All I can do is send loads of love for Anabelle and for you xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Oh darling, I am so very sorry to hear this.  Lots of loves and cuddles on their way. Hugs Hugs

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:11 pm

So we have spent the day building a really nice wooden snuggle box in the shed for them. they have always had a cardboard one in there but I wanted something warmer for her, so we built that today. Matt is going to connect it to their mezzanine floor bedroom with ramps for them next weekend.

She has also had a big carrot today along with a million cuddles - she can have whatever she wants!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Your positivity is inspiring... certainly to me while I fret about Henry and his pseudomonas.
I tend to always think the worst and go into a depression before jolting into reality and coping. I was in the thinking the worst stage yesterday and most of today, but I'm more optimistic now and reading how you are facing everything is inspiring.
I know sweet Annie will be treated like a princess, as she should be.
Hugs Hugs to you all.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:47 pm

How lovely. They're so lucky to have you, Katie.

Always here if you ever need to chat Hugs x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Same here too honey, I am a very good listener.  I agree with Woodwench, your positivity and strength is amazing.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:15 am

Yes she had and will have anything she wants.
Hugs Love Hugs Love

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:56 am

Oh katie, I am so so sorry, i have not been around so not seen much about this. How awful. Hugs, I am on facebook if you want to chat. x
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Had a bit of a bad morning this morning. Annie seems really bright in herself but she has another lump on her face and one on her back too. And its only a week since the last one was removed.

She was having a nibble of her breakfast and then a lay down and then a nibble and then a lay down. Now, I dont know if this is just her having a slow morning (she does sometimes with her heart issues) or if it is the worst. Im waiting for John to call me back. Im not keen to put her through a 3 hour round trip to the vets if there is nothing we can do for her, and she isnt in any pain, I dont want her last days to be filled with any stress.

Ive called my local vet today to put things in place too - when the time comes I dont want to put her through the stress of a trip to andover so Ive asked the local vet if they do home visits and they do, so we'll do that.

As you can imagine sorting this out has involved a good deal of sobbing this morning and every inch of me is so very sad.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 pm

I don't know what to say... but I do know how you feel, what it's like.... Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Oh hunny
Lots of hugs
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:54 pm

I am so very sorry my darling, lots of cuddles and huggles are on their way.  Thank you for keeping us posted. Hugs

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Really, really sorry to read how she's progressing. I hope she's not as ill as you fear and it's just a blip after the extra stress of her recent experience. I hope she has some quality time with you yet.

The 'borrowed time' phase really is a hard one, only been there once but it was exhausting.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm sorry to hear this, Katie Hugs

I hope she's just having one of her sleepy days. Is she any better this evening?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Oh, I am so sad to read this update. Poor, sweet Annie. Thinking of you all so very much Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Snowman Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Sorry to read this Katie xx
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:13 pm

How is Annie today?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:16 pm

She's quite bright which is fab. Eating lots, including Charlie's share!

It's good to see. I'm on pins of course. I need to find a way of taking each day as it comes before I go out of my mind.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:24 pm

I don't know if it will help you, but it always helps me in these situations. I make it a point to talk with my pet whenever possible and ask them ... "do you remember when ..." then later I write down that memory and maybe add photos if they exist. I also take something like a flower and press it in a book (recording where it is) to add to the memory record later.
I have a clover flower pressed from my last summer with Clawed, hay seeds from Riley, a lovely sunset still I took from a film I made the day Loll travelled on. That sunset was magnificent, a fitting tribute to him.
I just build up a Memory Book of them.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:43 pm

KatieB wrote:She's quite bright which is fab.  Eating lots, including Charlie's share!

It's good to see.  I'm on pins of course.  I need to find a way of taking each day as it comes before I go out of my mind.
It's so hard, Katie Sad You kinda just have to roll with how you're feeling - but at the same time, try not to let it overshadow the time you have left with her.

As difficult as it was when I went through it with Thumper, I wouldn't trade that time I had with her for the world. There were some dark days, and some better days. There were even some days where it could slip my mind that the inevitable was coming.

For a long time, it hurt, but now I'm... grateful's the wrong word... that I got to spoil her (in every sense!) and spend quality time with her that I might have taken for granted otherwise.

This post has been a bit of a ramble. And I hope it hasn't come across patronising because it wasn't intended Embarassed
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 pm

What two lovely posts and impossible acts to follow.  I am sending lots of cuddles darling and lots of love too.  Thank you for keeping us updated.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Thumper2001 wrote: I hope it hasn't come across patronising because it wasn't intended Embarassed

Not at all. Thank you hun, it actually is comforting.

Dee, thats lovely, Im going to do that. I also have asked my friend if she can spare an hour on saturday to come and take some pics of her had charlie.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Her, Charlie AND you!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next