Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sooz - How's Juno?

5 posters

Go down

Sooz - How's Juno? Empty Sooz - How's Juno?

Post by thumpersmum Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:36 pm

I keep thinking about little Juno, and wondered how she's doing? How's her leg now?

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Sooz - How's Juno? Empty Re: Sooz - How's Juno?

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 am

She is doing great, thanks for asking. She is about the size of a 4 month old domestic bunny now, small for her age but still growing. Her leg has recovered from it's infection and the fur has mostly regrown except a little where the callous has formed to protect the joint (at the ankle).

Post infection it was very stiff and she had no movement in her leg but with a lot of physio and various splints and braces she can no use it mostly and he other leg has totally corrected itself. She can run, jump, binky & climb and sit and periscope and washe herself without loosing balance now.

She has regained movement in her leg from the shoulder to the ankle and puts weight on the leg to get about when it's splinted. She may not have to loose any leg now but if she does it will simply be the foot to avoid infection as she has no feeling in this area at all and regularly stands and sits on it.

She will hopefully be big enough to spey by Jan/Feb next year and the plan is to bond her with Fiver (the bun in my trio who gets left out) once she has recovered.

All in all it's fab news and I am really proud of her Very Happy
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:41 am

aww that's excellent news! Keep it up little Juno Thumbs Up
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:15 am

Yayayayayayayayayay Very Happy Thumbs Up Very Happy :luv:
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:01 am

great news! I have found with all 3 wildies i have had that they don't seem to be as big as most of the ones i see in the wild - you'd think they'd be bigger with all the easy access food they get growing up but then i thought maybe its to do with neutering and the big buns you see in the wild are a few years old and done some serious growing aided by some sort of hormones that are removed with neutering.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:04 pm

racheld69 wrote:great news! I have found with all 3 wildies i have had that they don't seem to be as big as most of the ones i see in the wild - you'd think they'd be bigger with all the easy access food they get growing up but then i thought maybe its to do with neutering and the big buns you see in the wild are a few years old and done some serious growing aided by some sort of hormones that are removed with neutering.

You may be right, she must technically be between 5-6 months now but there is just no way she is big enough to be speyed and I have seen no hormonal behaviour from her at all yet. We have to wait for her to finish growing if possible for the sake of her leg too, the idea is that she will only have to go under GA once if we get the spey and leg sorted at the same time.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Aww I'm so pleased she's doing so well, she's such a cutie. I bet she and fiver will make a lovely couple!

I hope all continues to go well for her and her leg.

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down