Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some idea's.....Juno needs a boot.

+4
fluffiebunnie
Tracyuk
Kirsty&Lola
Happy Hoppers
8 posters

Go down

I need some idea's.....Juno needs a boot. Empty I need some idea's.....Juno needs a boot.

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 am

I've been told that if we can improvise some sort of supportive boot/shoe for Juno's leg to keep it bent in the right direction she wont need the paw amputating. We especially want to keep her paw because she used it for balance and can get about on the leg now, a vast improvement on when I got her.

I'm looking for something similar to this CLICKY. Any idea's?
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

I need some idea's.....Juno needs a boot. Empty Re: I need some idea's.....Juno needs a boot.

Post by Kirsty&Lola Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 am

andy can make you a plastic splint type thing to fit her leg which could be then sewn into a child's sock or something a long those lines?
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

I need some idea's.....Juno needs a boot. Empty Re: I need some idea's.....Juno needs a boot.

Post by Tracyuk Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:31 pm

A childs sock is a good idea or how about cutting a tubagrip they stitching it back up to make it thinner
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm

What about a boot for a doll modified in some way? Tell me I am being stupid....
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Oh Juno is going to look so cute bless her x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 pm

how about contacting the company that make the dog boots on the off chance they could make a smaller one? worth a go.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:23 pm

At the moment because she is still growing it would need to be a temporary measure but she would need a permenant one when she is older. It needs to work like a wrist support would on us, so bandages, strap and some solid splinting material.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:03 pm

how big is her paw?
would something like a finger splint for a human but adaptable?you know a bit of heating with a hair dryer kind of thing?

http://www.4mobility.co.uk/_colony/module/products/type/item/id/5746/Finger+Splints/CHRISOFIX%99_FINGER_SPLINTS_%28NEW%29.asp not really sure what type of design your looking for...unles you know a local plastic moulding company who could form you something.
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:10 pm

This might sound a bit silly but is it worth asking a doctor? Or getting a vet to ask a doctor or hospital? My brother had these funny little boots when he was a baby as he was born with broken legs and his feet and ankles never developed right, as he grew the boots were switched to shoes that just covered his ankles with metal stuff all concealed and the doctors used to move the shape of them to try and get his legs to grow the correct way x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down