Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone, loving home in Sheffield available!

+5
coco
Snowy
Jay
Happy Hoppers
Lucy
9 posters

Go down

Hello everyone, loving home in Sheffield available! Empty Hello everyone, loving home in Sheffield available!

Post by Lucy Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Not sure if I'm going to do this in quite the right format (I work with computers every day, but forums have me baffled!!!)

I'm from Hillsborough in Sheffield, am 30 years old and live with my partner and 5 lovely chickens.

I am looking to adopt 2 (or 3 depending on size) house rabbits, preferably younger so they can be litter trained etc. I have no preference over sex, just that they are neutered. The plan is to keep them inside in a two storey hutch whilst at work and then let them roam around the house evenings and weekends.

I had reserved two rabbits with Hull Animal Welfare Trust only to be told at the very last hurdle that I live too many miles away!

Am very disappointed, but still determind to rescue rather than going to a pet shop.

I can promise to offer the most loving home to a couple of bunnies and give them lots of attention.

Thanks in advance.
Lucy

Lucy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone, loving home in Sheffield available! Empty Re: Hello everyone, loving home in Sheffield available!

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Lucy and welcome to HH Wave

There are a few rescues who frequent the forum, and they are highlighted in green when online. There is also a section of the forum showing rabbits available for rehoming. I know honeybunny has a litter of adorable baby lion-lops in at the moment.....their pictures are in Photoshoots.

Bunnymadhouse is the rehoming co-ordinator at BARC in Barnsley so she would be your closest rescue and I foster for them sometimes (fellow Sheffielder here), but don't know if there are any litters in currently.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone, loving home in Sheffield available! Empty Re: Hello everyone, loving home in Sheffield available!

Post by Jay Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi & welcome to HH, & hope you find your bunnies Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:23 am

We have some lovely pairs of bunnies up for rehoming and we will travel to the right home!
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken to a lady at BARC in Barnsley and unfortuntely have some bad news.
It seems that the indoor hutch I bought is not quite large enough (its 1364 x535x980mm). This is so frustrating as I specifically took the details and dimensions to the Hull Animal Trust to make sure it was big enough before I ordered it!!
Would I be able to house a small breed in this size hutch or should I just cut my losses and buy a bigger one?
The rabbits would be in the hutch about 9 hours whilst at work and then out the rest of the time.

Thanks
Lucy Sad

Lucy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:41 am

Panic over!!
Hull have just called to say that as we had gone so far along in the process that they will relax the distance rules for us and we can collect the bunnies tomorrow!
Think I might get an extra cage to add onto the hutch though just to make sure they have loads more room when we're not in. Smile
Thanks everyone and I will post pictures soon xx

Lucy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 am

cheers so pleased! definatley have to post pictures when they come!

have you considered attaching a run to the hutch instead, so they can run around while your gone? good luck with the new bunnies Very Happy
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Wave Hello and welcome to Happy Hoppers Lucy. Good luck with the new bunnie. Very Happy
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Welcome to HH Lucy.

I'm glad that you are getting your bunnies after all. Please post some photos when you get them sorted and of your lovely chooks!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi Lucy welcome to HH! I bet you are so excited about getting your bunnies! cheers
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 am

Hi Lucy, any news ? albino albino
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Hello Smile

Welcome to Happy Hoppers Wave
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down