Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeding

3 posters

Go down

Feeding Empty Feeding

Post by angelmouse Sat May 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Any one got any ideas for trying to put weight on one rabbit whilst not on the other of a bonded pair? I'm currently trying to seperate them at pellet time so I can monitor exactly what each one eats but they are stubborn and Bindi doesn't tend to eat when Eddie isn't there, he on the other hand doesn't care whether she's around or not if food is around. Take a guess at which one is the larger of the 2!

I know I need to try and put a bit of weight on Bindi, she's currently 1.5 kg (she was 1.65 in September last year, and I think around the 1.55 last easter when she was spayed), but I don't want her getting any thinner, cos whilst she's not underweight at the moment she would soon become if she gets ill or her teeth upset her again. Eddie on the other hand is 2.03 kg, and whilst I'd like him to lose a little bit of weight he's ok, cos he's slightly bigger than her and just chunky not fat. I don't think he will ever be a skinny delicate little thing unlike his lady wife.

Any suggestions welcome... otherwise I'll just carry on with what I've been doing and hope it helps and that she stops being so ladylike and refusing to eat without him around, or I could try shutting one up on the shelf and the other on the floor for tea time I suppose so they are both still in sight/smell of each other. hmmm

(Oh and before you ask both of their teeth are fine, they've been checked by 2 different vets in the last week so there is no reason for her to be skinny, and they both eat hay, her more so than him)
angelmouse
angelmouse
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Feeding Empty Re: Feeding

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun May 03, 2009 12:45 am

Is this thread any help: Weight Gain Tips Wave
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 am

I was going to suggest som of the things on that link, Barley rings is another thing you can try
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Has anything worked?
Snowy
Snowy