Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had to take Daphne to vets U/D need more advice please.

+3
Jay
jan
Peanut
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Had to take Daphne to vets U/D need more advice please. - Page 2 Empty Re: Had to take Daphne to vets U/D need more advice please.

Post by Peanut Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:55 am

I've just taken her to the vets for her check up and I knew i shouldn't have, she's been fine yesterday and this morning i was debating wether or not taking her back to the vets might do her more harm than good she doesn't really like car journies , but she was sneezing a little bit this morning so I thought i'd be better taking her back well the vets checked her over and said she seems to be ok but has prescribed some baytril just in case.

Got her home and I think she might be going into Stasis again, she keeps laying flopped out or sitting a bit hunched up , i have tried giving her all her fav foods and she's ignoring them. I don't know what to do , if I take her back to the vets again I may risk upsetting her even more but if I don't and she is going into Stasis I don't want her to be in ay pain, can I have some more advice please i'm really worried.

Tamsin xx
Peanut
Peanut
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Had to take Daphne to vets U/D need more advice please. - Page 2 Empty Re: Had to take Daphne to vets U/D need more advice please.

Post by Jay Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:58 am

Call your vets, speak to the vet that saw Daphne, or get them to call you back.
Ask their advice about taking her back in, or what to do. Because they've seen her this morning already, they will be the best people to advise you.

I'm sorry she's unwell again Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Peanut Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks Jay just called the vet is ringing me back , i'll let you know what she says.
Peanut
Peanut
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Peanut Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:21 am

panic over, i think she was just trying to show me how annoyed with me she is for bundling her into a carrier then taking her to the vets to be poked and prodded, she has eaten 3 fenugreek crunchies some mint some basil some pear and about 6 dandelion leaves, so i'd say she was ok Very Happy
Peanut
Peanut
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:25 pm

I hope Daphne continues to improve hun Thumbs Up x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peanut Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Thank you she seems to have completely recovered today , she's been out in the garden and i've never seen her binky as much , think she's telling me she's feeling better. Very Happy
Peanut
Peanut
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:09 pm

That's great; these bunnies can be such a worry can't they?
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Peanut Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Rosie Rabbit wrote:That's great; these bunnies can be such a worry can't they?

Can't they just , I was thinking I was a bad Bunny mum on Saturday when she got ill, even though I know as soon as I noticed her being unwell I took her straight to the vets but I just felt so guilty as she looked so sad ,and kept looking at me like it was my fault!

I'm going to try and get some piccies of them both this afternoon once I've done some more work. Very Happy
Peanut
Peanut
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Phew You did a great job, and she obviously wants you to know that Smile I'm so glad she's ok now Thumbs Up give her a nose rub from us.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2