Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with getting urine out of fabric??!

5 posters

Go down

Help with getting urine out of fabric??! Empty Help with getting urine out of fabric??!

Post by Bruce Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Does anyone have any tips for getting rabbit urine off of fabric?? Hmmm

Mr Bruce has peed on a fluffy cushion that he'd made into his bed!! Rolling Eyes

All of these fun things to get used to! Haha

Bruce
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Help with getting urine out of fabric??! Empty Re: Help with getting urine out of fabric??!

Post by ElleyMay Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 am

I'd use vinegar! True, it will make your cushion smell like vinegar, but at least it won't smell like bunny pee!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Help with getting urine out of fabric??! Empty Re: Help with getting urine out of fabric??!

Post by Bruce Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Thank you, I'll try that Smile

I thought they don't wee where they sleep? I can't wait for him to be litter trained he's weeing everywhere at the moment! The lady said to wait another month before we get him neutered - hope that will help!

Bruce
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 pm

that should work, the clear distilled one, Sarsons. I use it for everything, litter trays, material and cage cleaning, when he had one. It's a lot better than bleach for the bunnies Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Bruce wrote:Thank you, I'll try that Smile

I thought they don't wee where they sleep? I can't wait for him to be litter trained he's weeing everywhere at the moment! The lady said to wait another month before we get him neutered - hope that will help!

If he's new to your home he might be marking his territory a bit! Rolling Eyes
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Then again, he could be just seeing how far he can go before your freak! Bunnies are sometimes sent to try us. Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

Yes, I think he's doing a bit of both - apparently I'm his territory!! Almost all of my trousers smell of vinegar at the moment! No

He's such a cutie and loves attention, usually runs straight to you if you call him and sits waiting for cuddles but the minute you look away he's pulling up the cage, moving everything around, flicking poo everywhere and eating my remote control!! I've had a lot of cheeky animals so it's just a case of watching him - but oh what a boy!! Rolling Eyes

Bruce
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by rachel23 Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:54 am

If you can put in in the washing machine (I have to do this with the towels Rolo has on the sofas quite frequently - and his 'cat bed) I've found setting the thing to 50, and bunging in a bit of vanish gel makes them look/smell like new again Very Happy
rachel23
rachel23
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down