Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting Tuffers outside

2 posters

Go down

Putting Tuffers outside Empty Putting Tuffers outside

Post by Tuffers Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi All,

I was just wondering if you could give me a few tips on how to bunny proof the garden. We are going to put Tuffers outside and i would like to know if there are any plants that are toxic to them and also do i need to bury the bottom of fences to stop him burrowing out? Also, has anyone got rabbits and chickens living in the same bit and do they get on? I know chickens can be very protective of their hierarchy but ive got only got one left now so they might be good company for each other.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Tuffers
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Putting Tuffers outside Empty Re: Putting Tuffers outside

Post by NickieM Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm not sure that putting chickens and rabbits into the same compound is a good idea. I know that chickens do lots of poo, so might be best to have separate places for them.

http://www.petwebsite.com/rabbits/rabbit_plants_flowers.htm This site has some of the most common plants that rabbits can eat and not eat.

If you are going to use chicken wire, you might need to bury it if they are diggers. Also remember that they are resourceful and can escape. Wolfie recently managed to escape from a 4' fence of chicken wire because it had buckled and he climbed up the inside, sat on the 'ledge' then jumped out.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down