Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked

+3
SarahJane
Jay
Dotdot
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked Empty It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked

Post by Dotdot Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 am

It's March and Tigger's bunny MOT has all come at once!
She needs a good check up, her course of Panacur, first ever Mixy injection and her spay. I'm all at odds at which order to do them in though because I don't want to overload her.

confused

Last edited by Dotdot on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked Empty Re: It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked

Post by Jay Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:13 am

crikey, I wouldn't know, but she needs to be in optimum health for spey and Myxo jab. Vibes for her, hope it all goes well, whatever order you do it in Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked Empty Re: It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked

Post by SarahJane Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 am

When I had this problem I had Jellys vaccinated first and then two weeks later she was spayed. I figured if she was recovering from a spay she would be vulnerable and in my head whether this is right or not I thought she would be more vulnerable that way so thats why I did it that way.

Smile
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:47 am

I dont know what the experts would say but I would def get the mixo done first. Spring is coming and the nozzles and fleas will soon be out and about. So if it were me I would do mixo then two weeks later VHd, they spay, then maybe take a view on the pancur after that.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:57 am

The Panacur should be done either right before or right after her spay as the recovery period can weaken the immune system and allow a dormant infection to take hold.

The Myxi vaccine should be given time to take full effect before she is spayed, I can't remember if it is 14 or 21 days though. scratch
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:59 am

It's 14 days....just checked for you Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks very much everyone Smile I'll book her in for her injection asap then book her for her spay 2-3 weeks after. How soon should I start panacur after her op?
She had vhd back in January, took her in for a check up and vet said might as well do it then.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes, I always do the myxi first; hope all goes well at the vets.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by willowholly Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:14 pm

I dont & never have panicured so that wouldn't be top of my list.Perhaps spay,then if vet agrees,myxy jab when has 10day wound check if they agree to jab so soon after surgery. Smile
willowholly
willowholly
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm

She's booked in at 9.50 tomorrow morning. Hope she behaves haha, she was very good with the vhd injection.

Anything I should look out for in terms of side effects just incase and what can help? I'm sure it'll be fine but I'm a worrier and I like to know things just incase!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:49 am

I dont think there are many side effects with mixi. Daisy has never had any at all.

Good luck x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm a worrier too dear, if there is something to worry about, I am there in spades.

I hope she behaves herself and all goes well, we look forward to hearing.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:46 pm

You rarely get a side effect from Myxi, might be a bit quiet but often thats more to do with "Mum we hate you for this" than the actual jab Laughing
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Yes, she may sulk, Mr Snuffles sits with his face to the wall when he has been to the vet!!

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Well, just to let you all know she was on her best behaviour. Got her home and she had a good old sulk haha.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Dotdot wrote:Well, just to let you all know she was on her best behaviour. Got her home and she had a good old sulk haha.

Ha ha ha....they are so good at that arnt they. Daisy will even shrug me off if I try and touch him while im being "punished", with a "dont even look at me" Stare.

Glad she is okay bless her. x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

I thought she would love, it sometimes takes Snuffie a day to come out of it and if we try and stroke him, he nudges our hands away. He soon perks up at dinner time however LOL!!!

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 pm

It was really funny because while I was at uni my boyfriend went to talk to her. When you go in she normally sprints from wherever she is to greet you, he talked to her and she stayed where she was having a good grump, even when he stroked her she didn't even react so he turned around and pretended to walk away and she then decided to pay attention to him not wanting him to leave.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:27 pm

LOL!! that's great. She knew she had been sulking enough by then and put her pride in her pocket and decided to come back for a fuss. They all have such endearing little ways don't they?

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Ha ha ha ha ...

thats so funny, you can imagine her thinking as he walked away......."ok you have been punished enough....Ill let you fuss me if you must!" ha ha ha
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Yes, that is what Snuffie does. He either comes out for his dinner and is still off hand or comes up and tells us he has forgiven us. When he thinks we have endured his displeasure for long enough he will turn around and face us again.

Do you often get the feeling that we are just the serfs and by no means the boss in our own homes LOL?!!!

Jo xxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

It's all come at once. U/D... Spay booked Empty Update

Post by Dotdot Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I updated the wrong post, now that's sorted here I am. I thought I'd do an update instead of another post.
Tiggers spay is booked for next Friday, we missed the boat on the 25% off neutering offer so now it's £85, and in all honesty I'm quite scared.
Everythings adding up with final year uni work, I'm trying to fit everything in for other people as well so I don't let them down, my mums ignoring me because I won't talk to her about feeling awful simply because I don't know what's getting me down. Some days I'm up, some days I'm down so now all this anxiety and stress has me over worried about tiggers op.
I'm so sorry if I sound like some sort of ranty teenager.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Oh honey I hope you are okay.

I dont think you are alone in feeling this way about her op. I was exactly the same when daisy was de-plummed. It was a mix of knowing that I was doing the right thing and feeling guilty I was putting him through it at the same time.

But it really is the right thing, and i dont think you will stop worrying until after the op and she is feeling better, I know I didnt.

You dont sound like a ranty teenager at all, you sound like someone who has a lot on her plate, so im sending you oodles of hugs, and remember we are here for the bun loving people as much as the buns, so feel free to start a ranty thread that we can all back you up on.
Wink

I really hope that everything works out for you. I find that a cuddle with a bun really helps de-stress.

K x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Oh darling, I know exactly how you feel, right down in the dumps and no, you are not being silly and ranty and we are all here for you love.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks lovelies Smile really made me smile!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next