Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPAY your rabbits

3 posters

Go down

SPAY your rabbits Empty SPAY your rabbits

Post by Starlights Rabbit Rescue Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:19 pm

If this post manages to persuade at least one owner to spay their female, who otherwise wouldn't have, at least Emmy Lou/Sweetpea's life would not have been in vain.

She came into me in a sterotypical small 4ft hutch with her guinea pig friend. I was told she was 3 years. I seperated her from piggy and sent her in for her spay, and they said due to the state of her teeth, she was more likely to be around 7 years. She had the start of a tumour on her ovary, that they could not be sure if it had spread.

SPAY your rabbits Aa93429e

I decided to find her a long term foster home thinking no one would willingly take her on knowing she may be on borrowed time.

That's when Liz kindly took her on, and showed her what real love was.
And how it feels to be cared for, unconditionally.

Unfortunately, the tumours had spread, she was in a lot of pain, and today she was PTS, post mortem showing she had tumours on her lungs, one in her stomach and her abdomen was full of fluid.

Please, spay your rabbits.
She would be here if her previous owners had only done so.

SPAY your rabbits 39ff5bf6

Last edited by Starlights Rabbit Rescue on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors, oops!)
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.freewebs.com/starlightsrabbitrescue

Back to top Go down

SPAY your rabbits Empty Re: SPAY your rabbits

Post by Lynda Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:35 pm

What a beautiful girl Sad

We've had three does who were found to have ovarian tumours when they were spayed, two went on to live long and extremely happy lives, one poor girly succumbed to cancer after a couple of months.

We've also had a buck with testicular cancer which was successfully removed and he's a well loved and happy boy.
Lynda
Lynda
Rescuer

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://www.bunnyhugger.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:23 pm

I had both of my girl rabbits done automatically once I realised what a risk there was.

That is such a sad story. It's a shame more people don't realise that it isn't just about making sure they don't breed.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down