Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molly's spay

+3
Dotdot
gentl
Thumper2001
7 posters

Go down

Molly's spay Empty Molly's spay

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Does it bode well for Molly that she'll come through the GA ok because Junior did, and he is her brother? Or does that not make a difference?

When Junior was done, I just went into autopilot and wouldn't let myself think about it, because I knew he had to be done, and quickly. I suppose my vet rage gave me something else to focus on too Laughing Thanks vet man Thumbs Up But of course, I worried all day and as we all know, it's a god awful feeling Sad

I'm already so utterly nervous about putting Molly in. She's such a flipping live wire that I'd never forgive myself if something was to go wrong and we lost her Sad

I'm probably clutching at straws, but thought I'd ask...
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Molly's spay Empty Re: Molly's spay

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Flo is a livewire and already had a GA not long previously and had a leg injury when she was spayed and she was fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon May 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Hugs For you! I know this will be difficult for you. Molly Love seems to have come from a strong gene pool and is healthy. Those facts bode well! hey, we need more piccies of your cuties!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Tigger is also a livewire and she came through the GA fine. She ate straight after with the little packed lunch I made her and then she took a while to eat more when she got home, it was the middle of the night before she touched anything else and poos shortly followed.

I wouldn't know about her being juniors sister and her doing as well as he did but I'm sure she will. She sounds strong willed Thumbs Up

I will never forget the moment when the nurse walked into the reception with Tigger in her arms having a cuddle and calling my name. My heart burst and all the worry I'd been through all day just disappeared Love

Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 am

You know what Florence is like, and she came through fine. She was done at 17weeks and was just over 1kg so was teeny. When I collected her she turned her back on me she was that disaprooving Laughing She was lively afterwards, didn't eat much unless you handed it to her though, and refused point blank her metacam - to the point I put it on food which she then thumped at and weed on!

I'm sure Molly will be fine, and in some ways the sooner you do it the sooner its out of the way and you don't have to think about it, that's why I done Florence so young. There's a lot of stuff going to vets now about the benefits of spaying girlies earlier too.

If you can, it would be ideal if you could book a day or two off work afterwards. I did, although I wouldve been fine to go to work, but I'm glad it was that way around and not the other.

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 08, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks guys.

The lady vet I saw originally said 6 months, then contradicted herself the next time and said 5, so we are getting close to when she can be done.

I bough batteries for my scales this morning so I can weigh her tonight, wish me luck Rolling Eyes She is still a fair bit smaller than Junior so I want to know how much she weighs before I make any further plans. I'm not very good with kgs Laughing so I can't be certain if she's at the 1kg mark yet, although I'm sure she is!!

If she's not, she ain't getting anywhere near the vet!!!

She will be done on a Thursday and I will be taking the Friday off so I can keep an eye on her Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Whenever Thumper had a GA, I always took the following day off.

I didn't end up needing to with Junior, he was absolutely fine Laughing it was like nothing had happened so I went into work! My boss is very good, she let me see how he was recovering before deciding if I needed the day off or not Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue May 08, 2012 11:08 am

When I weighed Florence at home, I weighed the empty carrier and then the carrier with her in it - it was the only way of managing it! I got her to sit on the scales once and after that it was a fun game to play with them No Might be worth trying that if she doesn't cooperate!

Are you going to see if Junior can go with her, or are you going to leave it after the reaction when it was Juniors op?

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 am

You guys are lucky, when I tried to weigh Tigger on the kitchen scales she was off the scale Laughing She broke them ROFL that was one of my less brighter ideas!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 08, 2012 12:15 pm

ROFL

It's kitchen scales I'm talking about too Embarassed Laughing It's not like I use them for cooking!!

I do have a wii board that I could use if the cooking scales fail. I could just hop on with her, weigh myself afterwards and do the maths!! I'll just need to get batteries for that too.

I think I'll just leave Junior at home, it's cruel leaving him in the carrier all day Sad He'll just sleep all day anyway!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue May 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Laughing Well I would certainly say that Molly is a lot lighter than Tigger so you should be ok! If not, the wii balance board sounds like a good idea Thumbs Up
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 2:34 pm

She'll be fine love, we all worry when out bunnies have to be spayed.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 pm

She's young and healthy and I'm sure she will be ok of course you will worry you wouldn't be human if you didn't, we all do Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue May 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Humum was quite worried about me, with me being ickle and having health problems. I came home just the same as I went in (I'm sure you've seen the video, where they *tried* to pen me in Laughing ).

I reckon Molly is from strong stock, and am sure she'll be fine Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue May 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks guys Hugs
Thumper2001