Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!!

+14
NSD
Catsknickers
Dawnbunny
SarahJane
woodwench
Tuckerbunnies
Yodaphine
Jay
Ruffin
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
KatieB
NickieM
Big Ears
18 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!!

Post by KatieB Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Sending millions and millions of VIBES for Artie.

I really hope that this works for him, he is in the best possible hands that he could be and Im sure he can pull through.

Be brave and stay strong little guy - you can do it x x x

Sending love to you too hun, having a poorly fluffster is the hardest thing, and I will be thinking of you both x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!!

Post by Big Ears Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks guys. The surgery is definitely happening on Tuesday now. The blood results aren't in yet but will be available tomorrow. Looking at him FHB feels his results aren't likely to be anything significant and feels the surgery really needs to go ahead - the results are unlikely to affect that decision. I have the option of bringing him home for the day tomorrow and my sensible head says he's better where he is but I desperately want to see him. I'm considering asking for a visit rather than bringing him home. The thought of possibly not seeing him again is too much to cope with.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I think you are right not to take him home but just visit as it might unsettle him. I can understand how worried you are as it does sound like a bit procedure. However, FHB is such a phenomenal rabbit vet and if anyone can do this, it is her. You couldn't be in better hands. Sending tons of vibes for a safe operation and a quick recovery. Thinking of you and Artie. xx Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:54 pm

NickieM wrote:I think you are right not to take him home but just visit as it might unsettle him. I can understand how worried you are as it does sound like a bit procedure. However, FHB is such a phenomenal rabbit vet and if anyone can do this, it is her. You couldn't be in better hands. Sending tons of vibes for a safe operation and a quick recovery. Thinking of you and Artie. xx Hugs Hugs Hugs

Thanks Nickie. Your words have provided great comfort. I'm really struggling with this at the moment but I have to go through with it as I can't leave the poor, gentle sweet soul with painful stones blighting his life, especially as pain = not eating = very serious implications for rabbits. We can't look after his bladder properly if his kidneys aren't mended. There really isn't another option that is fair on him. I felt quite positive when I asked FHB why the EC test and she said it helped the plan in six months time ... I so hope we are still planning in six months time.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:09 pm

If she felt there was absolutely no chance, I am sure she would be honest with you as it takes up her time and it might prevent her helping someone else who had a better chance. If she is prepared to go ahead, she must have some confidence.

My OH has had kidney stones and they are very painful so I think you are doing the right thing. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Keeping everything crossed for Artie.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Fingers and paws crossed Hugs
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am

Sending mega Vibes for Artie xxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:09 am

Sending many vibes for artie x
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 am

Love Love Thank you so much everyone for your support.

I can't describe the emotional pain I'm going through, it helps to much having this support. So thank you.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:13 am

I'm not suprised Alison, what a worrying time. Can only offer my thoughts and vibes, and hope this reaches a good outcome for you both xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Today's installment.

Artie is very bright in himself suggesting he feels much better. X-ray shows the stone is on the move Shocked However this I'm taking as excellent news but it's actually a tad guarded:

It could get stuck in valve at the end of the tube entering the bladder. Even if it does get in the bladder it has another tube to leave the body :?

It could stay where it is - not as accessible now from the kidney.

So, tomorrow's surgery is cancelled and we are at wait and see again. I'm actually hugely relieved but I might be being naive as it could still cause problems. The little guy is happy today though so that's a bonus. I'm not visiting but my line manager has been an absolute star today, she said no problem to take leave today, and was trying to encourage me to have tomorrow off. She's been wonderfully supportive, as as my other colleague whose been listening to me bleating on today.

There are still stones in his kidney just waiting for the opportunity to cause misery though Sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Come on artie, get that blimmin thing outa there!

I'm so glad it's moving, keeping everything crossed for him x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 pm

The other stones may never move or cause him bother. My OH has some that don't move and some that do.

Sometimes when kidney stones move down the urethra they break down as they travel and emerge as a powder. Here's hoping that is the case here too.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Vibes for Artie!! Lets keep all fingers and paws crossed it breaks down itself!!
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks Katie
Edit to add: Thanks Velvet Tears as well! (posted at same time)

NickieM wrote:The other stones may never move or cause him bother. My OH has some that don't move and some that do.

Sometimes when kidney stones move down the urethra they break down as they travel and emerge as a powder. Here's hoping that is the case here too.

Thanks again for the info Nickie. FHB did initially say when she's seen the stones on the x-ray (before seeing the moving one) that she had patients with kidney stones for a couple of years or so that have not given them bother - given that Artie's seven that is promising. I didn't know about the possibiliy of them breaking down. I'm certainly much more optimistic than I was 24 hours ago. I was preparing for the worst.

*I'm now off to find out why your names in red* Suspect

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:29 pm

*I'm now off to find out why your names in red*

Laughing Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Sending more vibes for an easy passage of the stone and for your nerves too x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:06 am

Hope it passes ok, lots of vibes too x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:37 am

come on artie... mash that stone up and pee it out Hugs

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks guys. The xrays and blood tests and other factors have led FHB and NHB to decide surgery (as described 1st post on P3) is the best option for this afternoon.

He's probably in surgery now. Thank you for your vibes, any more would be apprecaited.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Keeping fingers crossed! Please let us know how it goes when you can.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:27 pm

I am sending millions and millions and millions of vibes for him and a million for you too.

I know how completely awful it is to have a poorly boy so I want you yo know I am thinking of you both x x x x x x x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Artie has woken after his surgery.

The surgery he had when they knew exactly what they were dealing with was to cut an incision in the ureter (tube) and remove the lodged stone through that and then, the really amazing bit - flush out the other stones from the kidney through this tiny hole in the tiny tube. I'm so amazed that was possible. So the little man still has two kidneys, and touch wood no stones. I'm so relieved I can't tell you. He still has to recover of cause but the surgery is done and was successful.

Thanks again so much for the kind words everybody, you've been a huge support Love Love

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:16 pm

I am so pleased for you and Artie that he has come through this. You must have been so worried. Sending lots of healing vibes and hope that there are no horrible stones in the future. xx Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next