Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!!

+14
NSD
Catsknickers
Dawnbunny
SarahJane
woodwench
Tuckerbunnies
Yodaphine
Jay
Ruffin
marleyNfriends
Thumper2001
KatieB
NickieM
Big Ears
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!!

Post by Big Ears Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:18 pm

NickieM wrote:I am so pleased for you and Artie that he has come through this. You must have been so worried. Sending lots of healing vibes and hope that there are no horrible stones in the future. xx Hugs Hugs Hugs

Thank you so much kind 'Admin' person Wink
(and congratulations)

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Artie - kidney stones - kidney removal - Home!!

Post by NickieM Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Laughing Laughing

Thank you too. Embarassed Embarassed
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Happy Dance Brilliant news!!!!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

So chuffed Artie is on the mend! Don't they put us through the wringer? But they're so worth it and every little (or BIG) problem makes us love them all the more!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Oh that is such good news. Sending some speedy recovery vibes for him. Sounds like they have worked a little miracle. X
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 pm

wow cant beleive the change around... little Artie had to have surgery... so pleased it had gone well.

Sending love and hugs for a speedy recovery.

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 am

His Aunty Frances is really pleased with him. The nurses rang her last night at 10pm to say he was eating, he's much the same this morning as he was before the surgery, he hasn't bothered with his wound, so she feels he'd be better off at home

I'm provisionally booked for collecting him tomorrow lunchtime, though have to check on his progress in the morning before setting off

HAPPIEST OF HAPPY DANCES

I'm so incredibly lucky. Thank you so much for your support everybody.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:40 pm

BINKIES to the great news Happy Dance

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Oh thats absolutely brilliant! Well Done Artie.

Really really happy for you x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:36 pm

This is brilliant news and I'm so happy for you are Artie Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Thank you all sooo much.

He's home.

Whilst I was at the vet's collecting him and Frances was showing me all (or at least a selection of) the x-rays and then some of the other detail he started licking my arms frantically. He had two or three bouts of that, the little love. So worth all the anguish to get that off him Love Love

He was very lively when he first got home, wandering around foraging for strands of hay etc. He's quieter now but has eaten spring greens very enthusiastically. He's asked for a cuddle and I've felt him tooth purr.
Love

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Ahh so glad he's home Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:41 pm

ahhhhhhhhh Artie is home ... bless him .... Wave
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Aw bless him, he must be so happy to be home with his mummy.

Please give him a little cuddle from me x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Thank you so much, again.

Katie, I will go now to pass on the cuddle, he's staring at me in a hopeful kind of way Laughing

I was expecting him to feel quite fragile and for the first hour I was so scared I'd break him but he's back to being quite bright and getting up as soon as I move so he can follow me around Love

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 pm

how is he doing today?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Katieb wrote:how is he doing today?

Thank you for asking. He's doing really well. His behaviour is completely back to normal, every time I get up to walk across the room he leaps up and moves into 'stroke position', he barely misses an opportunity Love Love I have seen him eating some Excel, it has always been an indication to me that he isn't quite right when he refuses pellets. He hadn't been eating them very much for 2 or 3 weeks before he hit crisis. He's eaten loads of grass and dandelions today. I had to leave him for 5 hours to go to work which was hard but having just had a big vet bill (whispers:£844 Shocked ), it's either work or sell one of my own kidneys to pay for it.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:04 pm

It's lovely when they bounce back so quickly. They really like their dramatic moments. Laughing

I'm loving the image of him having you pinned in a corner and demanding nose rubs. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 pm

So happy for you and Artie. I know what it's like having a bun sick at the vet, unfortunately Mr Starbuck didn't pull through after an op to remove an Very Happy abscess in his groin area.
You and Artie obviously have a very close bond for him to kiss you at the vets.... no sulks! Wow.
Keep us posted on his progress. Very Happy
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I've got a heartbreaking update.

I had to rush Artie back to the vets yesterday as he was in a lot of pain and the kidney stones have returned, in one kidney only, and one is stuck in the ureter again. Crying or Very sad It's been decided to remove the kidney as this gives him the best chance. I'm not sure when it will happen, Nigel Harcourt-Brown will be doing the surgery, Frances may assist. I'll update when I can.

Poor little soul has only been home for three weeks before this happened.

I've been told he is EC positive which could be the reason for the kidney disease in the first place.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Big Ears wrote:I've got a heartbreaking update.

I had to rush Artie back to the vets yesterday as he was in a lot of pain and the kidney stones have returned, in one kidney only, and one is stuck in the ureter again. Crying or Very sad It's been decided to remove the kidney as this gives him the best chance. I'm not sure when it will happen, Nigel Harcourt-Brown will be doing the surgery, Frances may assist. I'll update when I can.

Poor little soul has only been home for three weeks before this happened.

I've been told he is EC positive which could be the reason for the kidney disease in the first place.

Oh no I'm so sorry this is what happened to my rabbit 'Miss Warburton' but she had a large bladder stone stuck in her urethra and they had to operate on her straight away Sad

Sending mega 'healing' Vibes for Artie xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:46 pm

[b]Poor Artie loads of vibes hoping he is fit and well again very soon Sad
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Sad

Please keep us posted on his progress.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks folks for the vibes and good wishes.

Artie will be having his surgery tomorrow. Not sure when but not before 11.00 as they want to get open surgery out of the way first.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Sending Artie lots of Vibes for tomorrow xxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next