Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do your buns...

+10
JoeyBunsMum
Tuckerbunnies
Ruffin
Amelia66
SarahJane
Catsknickers
LilyGrace
Jay
AprilGirl
KatieB
14 posters

Go down

How do your buns... Empty How do your buns...

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:38 am

Show you that they are angry at you?

Each night Daisy has to have his Baytril - this means a two-man capture and administer process.
He knows when its coming...as we both Lurk in his area and I start fiddling with syringes etc..........

Well the last week he has taken to taking action when we approach. He hops into his litter tray (which is covered) and Stamp! And Stamp! And Stamp! At least two - sometimes as many as four! Just in case we didnt hear him the first time, and showing us just how annoyed he is at this disgrace!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

How do your buns... Empty Re: How do your buns...

Post by AprilGirl Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Shadow does the lunge and huff sometimes with a rather loud grunt too! He does warn me before doing it sometimes by lifting his head and showing his teeth, but this usually comes seconds before the boxing front feet and lightening quick bite so no time to move out of striking distance!
E x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 am

I miss the little strops Bertie used to have, Stuart's so much more passive, but when we're playing chase, he'll often grunt at me, the hop off like a nutter! When I try to groom him, he kicks and kicks, and it hurts Embarassed
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

Luna lunges and grunts and full on attacks Laughing Thistle is much sweeter...he will give a little tug of me...or nip me...and then when he finally gets away he will dig and tug at the nearest material ha ha...sometimes he will stamp. But Luna is by far the worst of the two lol
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 am

Bella growls at me. Ratty is so placid he doesn't do anything and Lily growls and boxes.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:50 am

Pebbles just runs away if something happens that she doesn't like, Domino gets a proper sulk on! When they stayed at my friends house (hetty from here), he wouldnt even look at her! if she gave him his food he would turn his back to her, and he wouldnt eat infront of her. Even now if I do something he doesnt like, he just turns his back and puts his head down, as if "you have really disappointed me mum" Laughing

Jelly...well you know if you have annoyed her!!! She will stamp, box me, scratch me........pretty much everything! x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am

Marshall just runs away from me and hides, then gives me evils if i happen to find him hiding under something. Although more often than not i cant find him anywhere .... it like he teleports!
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am

[b]If I shout the crazy gang out they all coming running out of there shed up to the fence if the only thing I have for them is a nose rob or a chin tickle little stroppy Jazz will run off stamping and kicking his legs Laughing
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Laughing I'm loving these stories Smile

Bertie used to box, growl, go off in huffs for hours at a time, but never bite. We would sometimes have stand-offs that could last 1/2 an hour, where he'd turn his back on me, then I'd turn mine on him, and we'd keep looking over respective shoulders to see if the other was looking, it was hillarious.

Needless to say, it was usually me that caved in .. Rolling Eyes
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm

I will never forget the one time Pebbles has bit me, it was so funny. It was about...2 years ago and she was on my lap while I was talking to my mum, I was sat on a chair. And she was looking around, clearly wanting to get down, so I said "In a minute Pebbles" (as if she understood!)

and then she looked at me, and then bit me right on my thigh, i went "owwwww!" as you do, and she then tucked her head under my arms as if she was ashamed! then started grooming me! Love i do love her!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:03 pm

When Mike carries Helen to brush her or trim her nails she nips him all the time and so he now put's a thick towel over his shoulder before picking her up and now she nips the towel and not him Laughing Laughing
We are lucky really as they are all quite good for giving them medicine or brushing them except Murphy and he will do all he can to get out of it, he hates everything, being brushed, trimming his nails, cleaning his bottom being handled full stop so he will just not stand still and he will keep turning round and if that doesn't work for him he will try and bite you Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Jay wrote:Laughing I'm loving these stories Smile

Bertie used to box, growl, go off in huffs for hours at a time, but never bite. We would sometimes have stand-offs that could last 1/2 an hour, where he'd turn his back on me, then I'd turn mine on him, and we'd keep looking over respective shoulders to see if the other was looking, it was hillarious.

Needless to say, it was usually me that caved in .. Rolling Eyes

I love this. Love

Im loving all these stories....ha ha ha ha ha . People who dont take the time with buns are really missing out.

It makes us really laugh every time he strops!

Last edited by Katieb on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Joey does a combination of thing. The usual foot flicks, and after a vets visit his favourite way to get back at us is tiddling on the rug as protest. He goes into a sulk if we do something he disapproves of, either in his hide out box or just sitting in one of his 'areas' looking looks of disdain of you attempt to touch/stroke him etc. Laughing Rolling Eyes

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:49 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Joey does a combination of thing. The usual foot flicks, and after a vets visit his favourite way to get back at us is tiddling on the rug as protest. He goes into a sulk if we do something he disapproves of, either in his hide out box or just sitting in one of his 'areas' looking looks of disdain of you attempt to touch/stroke him etc. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Laughing Bless Joey! Wwe have plenty of holes in rugs etc. where Stewie has disagreed with a visit to the vets Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Thumper doesn't really get angry with me any more. Even after she's just had a bum bath and I'm towel drying her, she tries to climb up on MY LAP to get away from ME! Love

The only thing I notice now is her back legs vibrate if you are bugging her while holding her.

I don't think she can be bothered getting in a strop but she has a look that could kill tho!

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:52 pm

A vet trip is the worst time, catching the lil git up. All hidey-chairs have to be tipped over, any furniture he might get behind pushed to the wall and then it's a matter of softly, softly catchee bunny..... or not!
He scoots and does running stamps that I'm sure must hurt his feet. Then when capture is inevitable he stands his ground and growls.
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
The worst thing though is THE LOOK!! I'm busy doing some mundane job and suddenly I'm aware of his presence; I can feel his eyes boring through to my spine. I turn around and he's sat a few feet away giving me evils! Twisted Evil
What the hell for? God only knows and it's so unsettling. I look at him and he glowers back. It carries on for several minutes and all the while I'm wracking my brain trying to recall what I might have done to upset him confused
Then, it's as if he knows he's acheived what he set out to do and he's off. Hopping merrily away without a care in the world, perfectly happy knowing he's still got the POWER! Thumbs Up
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Well we have a sulky boy today!

Yesterday we were fitting new french doors (well matt was while I went out with the girls for the day) so for his own safety the boy had to be put in his pen in the front room (he isnt allowed in there free range without supervision).

A friend of mine popped in during the day to bring lunch to the workers and went to give the poor sad looking little bunny a head scratchy. What did she get for her troubles....a serious box, a grunt and a thump! Oh dear.........problem daisy??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:56 pm

Katieb wrote:Well we have a sulky boy today!

Yesterday we were fitting new french doors (well matt was while I went out with the girls for the day) so for his own safety the boy had to be put in his pen in the front room (he isnt allowed in there free range without supervision).

A friend of mine popped in during the day to bring lunch to the workers and went to give the poor sad looking little bunny a head scratchy. What did she get for her troubles....a serious box, a grunt and a thump! Oh dear.........problem daisy??

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:26 am

Chewy usually grunts at anyone who comes near him (unless said person carries noms).
And when something upsets him on his territory he pouts in a corner until we get rid of it (too much hay on the floor that fell out of the hay rack for example). No
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down