Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG its way toooo cold out there

2 posters

Go down

OMG its way toooo cold out there Empty OMG its way toooo cold out there

Post by proudmummy Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm worried about Johns .....

He has got his hutch cover which is cosy although there are gaps anyway for air to circulate, however I just worry he too cold. He has been sleeping upstairs on the sawdust just by the ramp and although I put his snuggle safe in there, I don't think he uses it. I re did his water bottle earlier putting warm water, a sock, some bubble wrap and the bottle snug round it but reckon it will still freeze.

He has got the car blanket over the lower bit of his hutch he normally has of a night and I have put an extra blanket over that - so I hope he is warm enough, especially as he has spent most of the day indoors.

Fingers crossed he will be jumping up at me tomorrow morning Hmmm
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

OMG its way toooo cold out there Empty Re: OMG its way toooo cold out there

Post by NickieM Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm

He will be absolutely fine. My buns have been out when it has been -10. I put loads of straw in their bed - and they spent all the time looking out of the wire sitting area, so I had to put tons in there too! They spend all day out of their hutch only going in to eat their pellets. When the pellets are gone (they get them first thing in the morning), they don't go in until I put them in. They were even out in the snow.

My two have incredibly thick winter coats and even on the coldest of days, if I feel behind their ears and dig my fingers into their fur, I can feel them lovely and warm. I usually up their food a little in the morning, give them hay wherever they are sitting during the day (They have an A frame with a covered end that they like to go under) and give them a big bowl of veggies in the evening to get them in the hutch. They now sit outside the hutch at bedtime waiting for me to arrive! Who says rabbits are stupid. Not when it comes to food.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:55 pm

rofl you are sooo right! he was absolutely fine.

even his water bottle with its sock, jiffy back and bottle cover wasnt frozen! had to use a few tricks to get him in though as he is a cheeky ****** and avoids going in where possible.
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down