Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am eating :-)

+12
Josie
JoeyBunsMum
Thumper2001
jolovesbunnies
lizzi_b
Dotdot
Velvet.Tears
KatieB
Sparky
FarplaceRescue
icedancer
Tuckerbunnies
16 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 6 Empty Re: Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am eating :-)

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Poor girl Sad Have they kept her in overnight or do you have her back home?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 6 Empty Re: Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am eating :-)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Poor girl Sad Have they kept her in overnight or do you have her back home?

Mike is bringing her home and will take her back tomorrow

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

[b]Such a shame that the spur wasn't removed back in October when it was spotted Sad

I agree - I can't quite get my head around why a vet wouldn't have wanted to remove it immediately. Is there anything that can be done for her stomach in the interim in the form of something like ranatidine? My fingers are crossed for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

[b]Such a shame that the spur wasn't removed back in October when it was spotted Sad

I agree - I can't quite get my head around why a vet wouldn't have wanted to remove it immediately. Is there anything that can be done for her stomach in the interim in the form of something like ranatidine? My fingers are crossed for her.

I don't know what they can do for her tummy, we lost a bunny called Chloe with abscesses in her tummy she had old and new abscesses and sadly some were on her kidneys and she was going into kidney failure and we had to let her go.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 pm

[quote="Tuckerbunnies"]Not great news really.

Faith has got a spur on the back of her molars and it's quite large, she is also underweight, our vet said although syringe feeding her has kept her going she needs to eat real food and the spur is proberly the reason she hasn't eaten.

The vet also said she hasn't got adhesions but there is something not right with her tummy as she can feel lumps and bumps in it and she think's she may have an abscess inside.( I hope not as we lost Chloe with abscesses inside her tummy)

Our vet can't do anything yet about her tummy as she needs to be stronger and her priority at the moment is getting the spur removed and getting her to eat and build up her strength, then when she is stronger there is a good chance she will have to be opened up to see what is going on inside her tummy. Sad

Such a shame that the spur wasn't removed back in October when it was spotted Sad

I wanted her dental done in October, but I was told she wasn't well enough for the operation, and that she would probably die anyway. i was advised to get her stronger before i considered a dental.
I had a feeling it wasn't adhesions..... but the vet that saw her has recently been on further courses on small animal health problems, and so I assumed she knew what she was talking about.
I pointed out that she was grinding her teeth, and suggested that it was dental issues (knowing that she had that spur...) but the vet said the grinding teeth was tummy pain, and wouldnt look at her teeth. She insisted it was adhesions, and that she probably wouldn't ever eat again. I was made to feel that I was keeping her alive for my own benefit, and was basically being cruel.
I am so grateful that maysie and Mike have taken her, because I may have been bullied into having her PTS.
However, I have told Mike & Maysie, and will say here on a public forum, that Farplace are happy to pay all of Faiths' veterinary costs if it will help. Just let me know if it starts to become an issue folks xx.
I know nothing about tummy abscesses.... but it doesnt sound good.
What is the cause? And is there any treatment?

FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Oh sorry to hear its not great news! Sending lots of vibes to her and fingers and paws crossed here that tomorrow's dental goes well!! She's a little fighter, she can get through this!! Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:42 pm

I wonder if what the vet can feel is related to the fact she's not been eating 'properly' - if she's only been having soft food and little fibre, maybe what is in her tummy just doesn't feel 'normal'. So perhaps sorting her teeth out will help. Just a wondering, and an offering of an alternative thought to abscesses...

No criticism of the Tuckerbunnies for her diet, of course - this second chance they have given her is nothing short of a miracle Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Sparky wrote:I wonder if what the vet can feel is related to the fact she's not been eating 'properly' - if she's only been having soft food and little fibre, maybe what is in her tummy just doesn't feel 'normal'. So perhaps sorting her teeth out will help. Just a wondering, and an offering of an alternative thought to abscesses...

No criticism of the Tuckerbunnies for her diet, of course - this second chance they have given her is nothing short of a miracle Hugs

It's not that she has been eating soft foods it's lumps around the area she has been spayed.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 pm

[quote="FarplaceRescue"]
Tuckerbunnies wrote:Not great news really.

Faith has got a spur on the back of her molars and it's quite large, she is also underweight, our vet said although syringe feeding her has kept her going she needs to eat real food and the spur is proberly the reason she hasn't eaten.

The vet also said she hasn't got adhesions but there is something not right with her tummy as she can feel lumps and bumps in it and she think's she may have an abscess inside.( I hope not as we lost Chloe with abscesses inside her tummy)

Our vet can't do anything yet about her tummy as she needs to be stronger and her priority at the moment is getting the spur removed and getting her to eat and build up her strength, then when she is stronger there is a good chance she will have to be opened up to see what is going on inside her tummy. Sad

Such a shame that the spur wasn't removed back in October when it was spotted Sad

I wanted her dental done in October, but I was told she wasn't well enough for the operation, and that she would probably die anyway. i was advised to get her stronger before i considered a dental.
I had a feeling it wasn't adhesions..... but the vet that saw her has recently been on further courses on small animal health problems, and so I assumed she knew what she was talking about.
I pointed out that she was grinding her teeth, and suggested that it was dental issues (knowing that she had that spur...) but the vet said the grinding teeth was tummy pain, and wouldnt look at her teeth. She insisted it was adhesions, and that she probably wouldn't ever eat again. I was made to feel that I was keeping her alive for my own benefit, and was basically being cruel.
I am so grateful that maysie and Mike have taken her, because I may have been bullied into having her PTS.
However, I have told Mike & Maysie, and will say here on a public forum, that Farplace are happy to pay all of Faiths' veterinary costs if it will help. Just let me know if it starts to become an issue folks xx.
I know nothing about tummy abscesses.... but it doesnt sound good.
What is the cause? And is there any treatment?

The vet thinks it could be abscesses around the spay wound on the inside she is going to investigate further tomorrow while Faith is under she is going to ultra sound her and may x-ray her, but until she is stronger she is just concentrating on her teeth.

Yes Farplace have kindly offered to pay for Faith's treatment but we felt that them being a rescue that we would pay for her treatment with her now being in our care and save them the cost of it.

Mike said that Chloes abscesses were on her kidneys and that's why she was pts but Faith's are not. I guess we will know more tomorrow.

Jan do you know if the vet x-rayed Faith to find the broken ribs?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Come on little Faithy I want you to be there when i come visit
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Now Faith-come on little one x x x
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]
no xrays taken. just feeling the bumps of broken ribs
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:59 pm

FarplaceRescue wrote:

[/quote]
no xrays taken. just feeling the bumps of broken ribs
[/quote]

Thanks Jan

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:12 pm

How stressy for you and uncle Mike, aunty Mayside x x x big snuggles from me x Fudge x
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Dear Faith,

I hope you get all better soonest. It's the middle of Winter right now so stay nice and cozy with Mike and Maysie. You will be all well by the time Spring arrives with all the new green sprouts in the garden! I've had my eye on a certain clover patch all winter.

So get well soonerester.....Mommy, how do I spell it?!
(\ (\ 
(=' x') 
(,('')('') Thumper xoxo
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:16 am

Only just caught up on this. Hope that it goes ok today with Faith.

I have everything crossed for her and you guys

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 am

I hope they can get to the bottom of this today.

Jan, the work you do is fantastic, thanks to Maysie, Mike and you that she has come so far.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 am

^^ What Katie said. If you hadn't have done what you had for her she wouldn't be here today. She's so lucky she found you.

It's not ideal news but at least you know now and you can start her on the road back up.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am

Realy hope Faith pull's through for you all, lots of vibes x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:30 am

Hopping by to wish Faith, Maysie and Mike all the best for today....I have my fingers crossed that it will be fine and once those peskie teeth are sorted eating will be a lot easier for the lovely little girlie x
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 am

I just want to Thank everyone for just being so lovely

Thank You all Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 am

Sending lots of vibes and hoping she will be ok x Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 6 Empty Update 1:30 am

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:34 am

Faith has ate so well tonight by herself we are so amazed, I only gave her a couple of bits of carrot as I thought they would be far too hard for her to deal with...she ate them all Shocked so Mike has just got some more out for her, she has ate some herbs as well if this is how she is now and she only had her dental today she may be a lot better by morning. Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:03 am

Happy Dance How is she this morning?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 am

Thats brilliant news!

How is she today?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next