Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am eating :-)

+12
Josie
JoeyBunsMum
Thumper2001
jolovesbunnies
lizzi_b
Dotdot
Velvet.Tears
KatieB
Sparky
FarplaceRescue
icedancer
Tuckerbunnies
16 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 Empty UPDATE 9:45 PM

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Faith has seemed a bit brighter today and of course she has done some poo's which was great news, she is having extensive care and her syringe feeds every 2 hours till she eats by herself.
We let her have a little stretch of her legs today in one of the pens and she had a walk round but she is a little weak at the moment and so tires easily and so we didn't give her long.
Faith absolutely loves Mike and gives him kisses everytime he has finished syringe feeding her it's so lovely to see, she is such a gentle soul.

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 281211001

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 281211002

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 281211003

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 281211005

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am eating :-)

Post by lizzi_b Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Oh bless her! She is obviously excited to become a tuckerbunny miracle!! So sweet that she loves mike so much Love even after the syringe feeding!! She obviously trusts you guys!!

Keeping fingers crossed for more improvement! Sending lots of vibes and nose rubs to the beautiful little girl!! Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am eating :-)

Post by icedancer Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:09 am

Awwww. How flattered is Mike? That is so sweet she loves him so much Love

Is it me or does she look a bit like Helen and Baby Saint?

She is gorgeous. Hope she is even better this morning.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:37 am

She is such a gorgeous little girl. She so deserves to get better after all she has been through.

You must both be exhausted so sending hugs to you too.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Faith's thread/UD Friday 1:34 am  eating :-) - Page 2 Empty UPDATE THURSDAY 1:37

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:50 pm

29/12/11

Still no change, Mike is still syringe feeding her round the clock, we are going to miss a couple of feeds out to see if that will encourage her to eat. We have tried to hand feed her everything you can think of that is good and tasty to a bunny but nothing.

At the moment it's the syringe feeding keeping her alive and the fact she is a tiny fighter. We need to see our vet when she gets back and find out if this problem is due to dental spurs or is something more serious, whatever it takes or cost's we will try to get her better .

Carla...yes she is Helen's double (without Helens twisted spine of course)

Katie.....We are having naps when we can during the day ready for the long night, we are tired but determined.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:29 pm

You guys seriously deserve a medal for what you do for these bunnies.

If I ever win the lottery you and Mike are getting some of it, and all the Happy Hoppers are witnesses to that!!

Come on Faith, eat up some herbs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:15 pm

I can only second what Icedancer has said, you two are marvellous. Please keep us updated.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Maysie, had you tried mange tout? As most know, Thumper loved the stuff, she would have chewed my hand off to get to it if I'd given her half a chance.

Just a thought Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:40 pm

icedancer wrote:You guys seriously deserve a medal for what you do for these bunnies.

If I ever win the lottery you and Mike are getting some of it, and all the Happy Hoppers are witnesses to that!!

Oh Carla this has made me cry...Bless you Hugs

If it wasn't for rabbits I wouldn't be here, they are what keep me alive and keep me plodding on, apart from the people on this forum and all my customers who are just wonderful, I don't have a lot of faith in people, they hurt you and I have been bitterly hurt this year by people who I respected and thought were good friends and so Mike and I live in a sort of bunny bubble our day is just full of bunnies and it's perfect because we love them so much and so in a way we do what we do as a 'thank you' for all the days of happiness that they have given us and that's a lot of days.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Maysie, had you tried mange tout? As most know, Thumper loved the stuff, she would have chewed my hand off to get to it if I'd given her half a chance.

Just a thought Smile

I will text Mike now to get some as he has gone to the tip so he may call at the shops on the way back...Thank You Hugs

Will try anything

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Maysie, had you tried mange tout? As most know, Thumper loved the stuff, she would have chewed my hand off to get to it if I'd given her half a chance.

Just a thought Smile

I will text Mike now to get some as he has gone to the tip so he may call at the shops on the way back...Thank You Hugs

Will try anything
I really hope it works! You will maybe need to rip it open for her a bit so she can smell the juicy greenness!

I've got everything crossed! X
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Just a thought Smile

Will try anything
I really hope it works! You will maybe need to rip it open for her a bit so she can smell the juicy greenness!

I've got everything crossed! X

We have tried everything and she just isn't interested yet she takes her syringe feeds really well and enjoys them as Mike mixes baby food with them to make them more interesting and tasty for her. Today he has missed out some of the syringe feeds to see if it will encourage her to eat.
I was sat listening to her grinding her teeth last night and I am sure it's a dental problem with her but our vet is away and I don't want anyone but her to see Faith as she is brilliant and I know will do her utmost to find out what is wrong with her.

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Bless her. And bless you and Mike too!!!

When is your vet back?

Oh and btw, Maysie and Mike's world sounds amazing. I wish I could come live with uz! Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Bless her. And bless you and Mike too!!!

When is your vet back?

Oh and btw, Maysie and Mike's world sounds amazing. I wish I could come live with uz! Smile

Well we are due at the vets on Tuesday with Gypsy and we may take Grace and we will now take Faith with us as well, if we have one booked
in with our vet she allows us to take anymore with us that are ill or we are worried about...she's just wonderful to us.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:10 pm

I hope Mike manages to get some mange tout and I hope hope hope she eats it!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I hope Mike manages to get some mange tout and I hope hope hope she eats it!

Thank You so do I Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:56 pm

icedancer wrote:You guys seriously deserve a medal for what you do for these bunnies.

Same here, i'd buy them acres of land and build a massive bunny sanctuary
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Can me and my zoo come live with you?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Velvet.Tears wrote:

Same here, i'd buy them acres of land and build a massive bunny sanctuary

We have a little bunny sanctuary Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Glad to hear Faith is doing well Smile

I assume you have offered her the food you mix in the syringe, but not in a syringe to see if she will eat that herself...?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Sparky wrote:
I assume you have offered her the food you mix in the syringe, but not in a syringe to see if she will eat that herself...?
I was thinking this too Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Faith has a huge bed of good quality hay, readigrass, Western Timothy Hay, a dish and bunny bottle of water, and a food dish of fresh greens and a food dish full of SS Jnr & Dwarf pellets.

( I have now got my glasses on and can read )

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Sparky wrote:Glad to hear Faith is doing well Smile

Yes we have done that Sparky.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Hmmm... So she's eating from the syringe. She clearly wants to eat. But she won't eat the very same food that's in the syringe from a bowl.

What does that tell us? That it is highly likely to be a teeth problem? (I'm not very experienced with dental buns, Thumper had very few teeth issues.)
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Hmmm... So she's eating from the syringe. She clearly wants to eat. But she won't eat the very same food that's in the syringe from a bowl.

What does that tell us? That it is highly likely to be a teeth problem? (I'm not very experienced with dental buns, Thumper had very few teeth issues.)

This is what we think and have thought all along as she will only let Mike put the syringe in on the left hand side of her mouth and we think the right side of her mouth is sore, she has got dental spurs but because she was so ill I think the vet that did her spay left them.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next