Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02 'Sad News' :-(

+21
Josephine
Felix&Willow
Big Ears
Dawnbunny
jolovesbunnies
FarplaceRescue
FudgesMummy
fiver
gentl
Dotdot
JoeyBunsMum
marleyNfriends
NickieM
Jay
Amelia66
Velvet.Tears
icedancer
KatieB
Sparky
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02 'Sad News' :-(

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:48 pm

So glad he got through the night. Topping up vibes for you both Hugs Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 2 Empty Update

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Latest news, Fudge has had a chest x ray and there are no sign's of tumours or infection, checked his liver nothing abnormal but just enlarged a little but the vet said that could be because Fudge is poorly at the moment.
Kidney's normal size but not perfectly normal, and he has a touch of bladder sludge which he has had before.
They couldn't take any blood's as Fudge wouldn't allow them to put him in a position to take some..... ( norty step Fudge!)
He perked up so much when Kelly went to see him yesterday that they are letting him go home tonight and to see how he
goes over the weekend before any decisions can be made.
So she will be collecting him at 4.30pm and taking home and giving him pain relief and fluids and she said her goal is to get him through the weekend.

Topping up those Vibes for the weekend and that all goes well for Fudge and his Mummy xxxxxxxxx Hugs

( Do excuse me Kelly if I have got anything wrong although I wrote all this down I can't read my own writing) Embarassed

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02 'Sad News' :-(

Post by icedancer Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 pm

More vibes and hugs for Kelly and Fudge

Hugs

Xx
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Gosh, that news is so much better than I expected Smile

I'm glad he is well enough to go home, and hope he doesn't cause poor Kelly any dramas over the weekend.

Be a good guy Fudge and eat your noms and poop nicely Hugs and get lots better so you can concentrate on nortiness instead Wink

Hug top-up for your poor Humum Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm so pleased to hear that Fudge is getting to go home cheers

I hope he improves even more so over the weekend.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 2 Empty update 6:22pm

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:33 pm

The vet said it was 'Toxic Shock' that Fudge had last night and that Kelly did the best thing by getting him there else he may have not been here today.

Although Fudge is not out of the woods yet , he is now home with his Mummy and they are having a night on the sofa with lots of cuddles and nose rubs and hopefully a lovely weekend together.

He's back at the vet's tomorrow morning for a check up and I hope everything goes well for both of them Bless them xxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:33 pm

So glad to hear that he is fighting back. Sending more vibes and hoping that he continues to rally and is soon back to his usual cheeky gorgeous self. Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 2 Empty UPDATE SATURDAY 10:56

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:01 am

Fudge made it through another night, he has been to the vet's this morning and had another steroid injection and antibiotics. The vet said if they can get on top of his snuffles and get him breathing easier and he is eating and drinking ok he has a chance.

He certainly is a little fighter Smile

Topping up the Vibes for you Fudge even more xxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:13 am

Good job getting better Fudge! Now eat well and have proper poos! Sending lots and lots of get well vibes, a couple of nose rubs and some scratches between the ears! Hugs xoxoxo

(\ (\
(=' x')
(,('')('') Hey, Fudge! Glad u r
better! Stayin' at the vet ain't, I mean isn't
fun. Please get well soon bud!
Thumper
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Vibe top-up for Fudge Love

Hug top-up for Kelly Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Come on Fudgey, we've all got everything crossed for you xx

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Loads of vibes and hugs and cuddles on their way hun. Come on fudgie darling you can do it.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello all x

A very tired Mummy here-well Fudge has surprised me and we are now at Saturday evening-how did that happen! I don't know but he is definately a little fighter-by no means are we home and dry and we've still got along way to go but for now he is switching between being bouncie and snoozie on his fleece blankie with the hot water bottle underneath or snuggled up with me on the sofa.

I am feeding him when I can-weetabix and fruit puree with added grated veggies seems to be working well and he is taking fluid ok from the syringe as he isnt a big drinker.

Last night I slept on the sofa with the double duvet and he alternated between being cuddled up with me and having a play (I heard jingle balls and crinkle tunnel!) tonight I am going to sleep in my own bed as I really need a decent nights sleep but will set the alarm to come down and check on him and try to give him more fluid.

The vet says we need to get on top of the snuffles and sort his breathign then we can deal with the underlying issues that may need dealing with. It is hard to believe we have had nearly 5years together (Well come September) and I do realistically risk losing him which will crush me! however for now he continues to fight!

The vet gave him a long acting jab today and we go back Tuesday-vet didnt expect him to come in this morning it would seem! Well little Fudge proved him wrong, I've got the emergency number should anything worry me but tomorrow I will be off to pick more dandilions from alternative sources-wonder if my neighbours mind we weeding their gardens!

I also need to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Maysie for being beyond supportive-she has been at the end of the phone and kept me calm, talked me through things and started this thread etc and says I know where she is if I need anything at all! Hugs

RIght I am off to sort out Fudge and give him some more food and fluids....prepare for a bunny strop!

FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Come on Fudgey! Keep fighting, you can do it!

Lots of Hugs for you Kelly Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Yayy glad to hear Fudgesicle is feeling brighter keep on fighting little man
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks for the update from the Home Front Thumbs Up

I'm so glad the little guy is fighting Smile

Have they diagnosed exactly what his 'snuffles' is? I'm having another go-round with my pasteurella since my spay, but the meds I am on have already made a difference - that's a jab of Alamycin every three days for 21 days. It's usually used in farm animals but it's the only thing that has worked on any of us.... moooooo... Wink

Keep on battling Fudge, you have sooooo many people pulling for you Love Hugs Love Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm so happy to hear that he is still hanging in there. Such good news that he was playing in the night.

Hugs for you and long may his recovery continue
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:55 pm

we think it could be pasteurella Sparky but Fudge has always been a little bit of a sickly bunny...Jim did mention that the most successful anti-biotics are pencillins but they could also be harmful to an already ill Fudge bunny-he gave him a jab today..

Fudge has been a right piggy when I fed him earlier-lots of carrot and sweet potatoe baby food and lots of water with probiotic in, the remains of the dandilions and some bunny buttons. He has just done a huge bunny flop and fell off the sofa! Rolling Eyes

He is now laid out full stretch by the hearth looking rather content but still slightly snorish...

I better go get myself soemthing to eat....can't believe it 9pm!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm

'Sickly bunny' sounds familiar Rolling Eyes Between my tummy and my nose I've not had a great time of it.

My antibiotics don't seem to be in the Penicillin family but are an Oxytetracycline. We've lost three buns to this illness despite trying all sorts of different antibiotics on them, and found this one just a little too late to save Molly. I'd gone horribly snotty overnight on Tuesday, got my first of a round of jabs on Thursday, and am already much much better Smile

We're expecting to hear from the RWAF vet on Friday so will let you know if he says anything which might be worth considering for Fudge...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:36 pm

thanks for that sparky I may well mention it to Jim on Tuesday and let him do some telephone calls....

well I've just given fudge some more weetabix with grated carrot in, some more fluids and his anti-biotics and also done his eye drops. I've put actually closed him in his playpen tonight as I intend to go sleep in my own bed, I am utterly exhausted (maysie can confirm as I couldn't follow a conversation earlier!) I've left him dried herbs, some slices of cucumber, the remains of the weetabix and some of his pellets to see if he noms by himself.

I feel bad going to my own bed but when I invariabley wake to go to the toilet in the night I will come down, check on him and give him some more fluid...he was ok when I did my jobs in town for a few hours this afternoon so should be ok tonight. He looks an awful lot brighter now than he did this morning...he has also produced poops which dont look too bad, would be happier if there was more signs of hay eating but at least things are working!

right my duvet and hot chocolate awaits, as does my medication!

WE shall see you all in the morning but keep those vibes coming I am sure they are a huge part of his recovery..xxxx
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:26 pm

So glad to hear that Fudge is a lot brighter he certainly is a little fighter that's for sure Very Happy

Hope you manage to get some well earned sleep xxxxxx

Topping up those Vibes for your special little man xxxxxxx

Ring if you need me Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:50 am

What am I like-nearly 2am and doing a quick Fudge update. I woke naturally for no apparent reason about half hour ago but the sleep I did get feels like it was good sleep Sleep I've come down and given his Lordship another dose of fluids and some more fruit puree-taken like a good boy Suspect

There were signs of more poops-I had cleaned away any he had made before I went to bed to keep a check on production. There are signs that he has independently eaten some of the weetabix and the mix of fruit/veg puree I left out- Thumbs Up

I don't know if it is because I want to see an improvement in him or the drugs are finally kicking in BUT he doesn't sound as loud with his squeakie/snoring type noise (Maysie will know what I mean) and to look at he seems to be needing to put in less effort to breathe-you can't see as much external movement if that makes sense.

Well think that is all for now-some good news for you to wake up to. I now don't need to worry about sleeping for the next 5ish hours (alarm set for about 8.30ish)

Maysie you really don't know what your support has meant the last few days has been-it has kept me sane-I am sure the admisssions policy for R/B has been significantly tightened! Thumbs Up
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:01 am

Oh this is great news , the fact he is pooping, eating and breathing better is so promising.

I have been thinking about you both and I'm sat here listening to music when I heard someone had posted and so had a quick look and so glad I did.

Well done Fudge Thumbs Up

It's been my pleasure Kelly to be there for you as a support, I know how upset and sad you were, as for R/B I think I did hear Pud say 'If your name is not on the list you are not coming in' Wink

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:13 am

Good morning from a sunny Scarborough!

I slept through to well after 8am and feel great, even with my half hour awake doing a Fudge in the early hours. I came downstairs still cautious of what I would find, on getting into the dining room all I could see what a partially 'demolished' Fudge's playpen/bedroom! Snoozie house turned upside down, soft toys lobbed about and somebunny sat in the corner looking bright as a button looking as if to say 'Mum let me out!'.

There were more evidence of some poops-still not lots but enough to make me happy, and there was more tiddle evident in his washing up bowl! He appears to have eaten some more of the weetabix mix I left and some of the cucumber on his plate!

We've had a cuddle and I've got 4syringes of puree into him and some water with pro-biotic as well as his baytril before he had a strop at me! He is starting to look more 'filled out' and the snuffling/snoring sound is diminishing and just sounds a bit 'heavy breather-ish'.I've wiped his eye over and will do his drops when he is less stroppy! Thumbs Up On a food front I just need to work out when to reduce his Mummy feeds to get him to eat more by himself without him taking a nose dive-I still worry if this is a calm before another storm and only temporary because of the long acting jab etc.

My only worry now is he seems to be grooming excessively to normal-namely under his chin and his front paws, I wonder if this is because they have shaved his tummy and his ear so doesn't like doing them....

Right time for coffee, my breakfast and a gentle run on route I will look for dandilions so will take a food bag with me and get a few odd looks!

Thursday now seems an awful long time ago looking at the bunster sat next to me on the sofa having a good old wash!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am

This is brilliant!!! Long my it continue cheers
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next