Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02 'Sad News' :-(

+21
Josephine
Felix&Willow
Big Ears
Dawnbunny
jolovesbunnies
FarplaceRescue
FudgesMummy
fiver
gentl
Dotdot
JoeyBunsMum
marleyNfriends
NickieM
Jay
Amelia66
Velvet.Tears
icedancer
KatieB
Sparky
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
25 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02 'Sad News' :-(

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:14 am

I know he is not completely out of the woods yet, but that is so soooooooo much better news than it was on Thursday Very Happy

FudgesMummy wrote:I still worry if this is a calm before another storm and only temporary because of the long acting jab etc.
The key with us was to keep the jabs going waaaay past when we seemed totally cured. 21 days seems to be essential, even if we seem to be clear after the first week. When I had the first lot (starting in early November) I only had a couple. The snuffles was back a couple of weeks after the last one. Then I had a full course from 16th December to early January, and I seemed to be completely cured until Humum put me through the stress of the spay No (she says it did need doing because I was just too much of a loony Embarassed and the long-term health risks of not doing it were too high). I'm back on them for 21 days again now and we're hoping for another complete recovery, and Humum is accepting it might flare up again under stress but that we can continue to clear it (so long as it does not become resistant to the antibiotics Hmmm )

FudgesMummy wrote:My only worry now is he seems to be grooming excessively to normal-namely under his chin and his front paws
I wouldn't worry too much. If he has been wiping his nose on his paws, they might be a bit crusty and uncomfortable. And when we groom, we tend to wipe the snot from our noses around the rest of our face Rolling Eyes (this might also be why he needs the eye-drops....)

Fudge - vibes Hugs

Kelly - hugs Hugs

Maysie - rocks Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02 'Sad News' :-(

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:51 am

Sparky I am not sure what Jab Jim is using on Fudge-but on Saturday he said see you in 5days and my reply was we are already booked in for Tuesday afternoon, the problem we are going to have is that I go away on March 7th til 24th (it was booked long before Fudge was poorly and I can't actually change the dates) so he is going to his grandparents in Nottingham..unless I can convince his grandparents to pop him to their local surgery (which actually is the vet that Jim trained under!)

He has eaten some dandilions on his own, I managed a 2mile run and collected some on the way! Dual purpose Mummy or what.

I did notice that his eye looked rather yucky when I did his eye drops earlier so going to keep a watch on it, if I massaged near the tear duct it was a bit milky but at least it is coming out and now staying in the cavity..
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Great news! Thumbs Up Fingers crossed he continues to improve.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello a snoozie Fudge bunny checking in-I've had a lovely chat with aunty Maysie and she says I do sounds alots better. I am currently floppped in a puddle of fluff hogging Mummy's end of the sofa! Well I am 'poorly'.

Mummy gave me some dandilions and some more bunny buttons (must be poorly more often if this is the treatment I get-but don't think Mummy will agree!) She has bathed my eye again so I had a grump at her and she has some vickie's vapour rub in the oil burner which smells rather odd but nice..

She says she is going to go out and do some jobs shortly so I gets left home alone....So who wants to come flops on the sofa with me whilst I have control of the telly box??

Mummy doesn't look as tireds today-so I don't need to worry about her as much...Loves Fudge x

FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello Fudge
So glad you are feeling better you certainly sounded a lot better this morning and let's home you continue to   Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 3 Bunnyhug-2

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:34 pm

A lazy afternoon was had by both of us after I had done my jobs in town. My afternoon was spent feeding Fudge fluids and banana pudding whilst knitting an egg cosy inbetween feeds for the knitting clubs cosy competition! After all his exertion last night Fudge has had a lazy day of snoozing on the sofa in what would normally be my place! Anyone would think he was the boss around here.

His right eye still looks very sticky but have been wiping it with tea and doing his eye drops which seem to make his eye stick together more. I am going to keep a watch again but we are back to the vets on Tuesday.

He sounds less snufflie but I suspect the reason for his reluctance to eat on his own were his front teeth which I have managed to trim wihtout totally stressing him out-they needed to be done unfortunately. I have carried on doing his feeds but have left a selection of goodies to entice him to eat on his plate tonight. There is also a dish of weetabix and a bowl of water...One can only hope he decides to nom for himself.He has nommed a finger of wholemeal bread with jam by himself,I know not conventional but he was interested and ate it without persuasion.

We have had more tiddles (he is yet again contemplating from his washing up bowl) and there poops although not lots of poops they were there! I know he tends to produce most of his overnight so will be eager to see what he deposits for me..

Is it possible that he looks like he is filling out in just the course of a few days? I know he is getting lots of filling and healthy and slightly higher calorie content foods but can they really work that quick?

I am going to get sorted and tuck myself up in the duvet but will come down to check on him when I get up in the night to tiddle! Fudge is now in his playpen and not looking too impressed by it all-well until I know he is going to be ok.

Please can someone reassure me I am not getting my hopes up only to have them shattered....

Last edited by FudgesMummy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed words and I cant spell!)
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Wave

I am glad to see that you have both had a relaxing afternoon which I think you both really needed Smile

He could very well be possiby filling out, he's eating better and contented and happy , I'm glad to see he ate some wholemeal bread with Jam on by himself it may not be conventional no but he ate it and that's all that matters and if he likes it why not.

I think Kelly you have just got to take each day as it comes at the moment, he has improved greatly since that Thursday and each day he seem's to get stronger and as he get's stronger it will be so much better for him.

He was really snufflie the other day when I was speaking to you and yet today there was quite a big difference.

I am topping up those Vibes for Fudge and hoping he continues to improve each day xxxxxxxxx Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:25 am

Morning (I think!)

Woke just before 4am so came down and got some fluid into a rather stroppy Fudge bunny. Back to bed then dozed on and off til about 8.15ish. Have had a coffee and done Fudge's breakfast-mango peach and apple puree and some added grated carrot-he likes putting up a fight now when you try to feed but until he actually eats more on his own what am I do? Looking at his plate he had eaten soemthing overnight on his own but I can't remember what! He was also sat by his water dish when I came in so who knows he have have been having a drink!

There are a couple of poops but not as many as I would like but hey who can blame him for not pooping to demand.He hasn't trashed his bedroom like yesterday but obviously the novelty has worn off!

He doesn't sound snufflie now, unless he has been charging about or having a strop at me. He is currently back in his playpen and sat on the cushion in his indoor cage. He does look fed up but not sure why-perhaps he is just fed up of being messed around-I know I was fed up when I was messed about the other week.

His coat looks better but around his eye is still sticky, he let me do his eye drops but only after a good squirm! He still has jam on his ear which I am surprised he hasn't washed off but I can sort that later-it is on the ear that was shaved and I don't think he likes it.

Right time to finish my breakfast and get sorted as I have a 10.20am appointment then an afternoon of doing paperwork that didn't get done on Friday.

Still niggles in the back of my mind that we will lose the battle though....

FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Good afternoon

Well Fudge is definately brighter-I came home and had to play seek the bunny who was hiding in the duvet left downstairs from Friday! He certainly sounds less snufflie and has eaten another finger of high bran toast (Im not complaining even if not conventional!)

He doesn't seem to lounge on the sofa in the pathetic manner he has done since he started being poorly on Thursday. I have to admitt he looks less like a baby today compared to the last few days.

Todays plan is to attempt to get him to eat for himself, I gave him breakfast and if need be will give him supper but today there will be no lunch or afternoon feeds (yep cruel Mummy but Maysie agrees I need to make him less dependent!)

Right on that note I am going to do the work that I didn't get done on Friday!

FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Glad to hear he is still improving Thumbs Up

and Fudge get nomming xxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Come on Fudgie darling, think of all that lovely food you are missing. Lots of cuddles are on their way.

Hugs

JO x

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Vibe top-up for Fudgie Hugs

Come on fella, food is lovely! Get nomming and pooping Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello friends

I've not really nommed much-have nibbled some mini-shredded wheaties and a finger of wholemeal bread with fruitee puree on..Mummy says I need to get my act together on the nomming....but Mummy I 'am' poorly and you must be my slave Laughing .....I think Mummy is wondering what she is meant to do to get me to nom.....think she is hoping for some ideas.... HBWS

I've been playful today and did hide and seeks when Mummy came home from her v.e.t appointment. I've not been lounging on the sofa looking pathetic today-but laid on a blankie by the hearth when Mummy had the gas fire on..it is a hard life being a poorly bunny..

Fudge x

Loves Fudge

Last edited by FudgesMummy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed out words)
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello Fudge,

Does your Mummy have Fenugreek Crunchies for you? Because Fenugreek is an appetite stimulant and will make you feel more hungry.

Also, it might be a bit difficult to tell what your calorie intake is as you are not eating the things you usually do - is Mummy weighing you every day? Because as long as you don't lose any weight and preferably put a bit on, you're definitely eating enough especially if you're not being all that active at the minute. (Although you must eat often enough to keep your guts moving.)

Sparky xxx
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm

fudge fudge come on eat some nice bits vibes ontop of vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Fudge,

Thumper asked me to type this for him. He sprained a paw last night. I'm not sure what he was doing, but when I came into the living room he gave new meaning to '3 good hops' for a cage size. We'd have to build an addition to the house to meet that standard! It was about 4 meters!

Anyway, he says to nom, nom all you can as often as you can and slowing the nose twitches down to look more pathetic. You get more treats that way. He told me not to read those last sentences, just type them....OK....

Thumper
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Why is being a bunny mummy such hrd work! the little bunster has been very stubborn with food,well apart from bread with jam and some mini shredded wheats! HBWS I left him all day without doing a mummy assisted feed-I've literally just given in and had to fight him to get some fruit puree into him! I had a look at him and having had to wrestle him I've noticed his bare tummy looks like it could bruise Crying or Very sad so I feel awful! SO on top of my previous guilt complex, I now feel rubbish over his bare tummy looking bruised, I am hoping it has settled by tomorrow before the vet visit.

I've settled him in the playpen for tonight wiht a range of noms to entice him to eat...is this a food standoff? Has he just given up on eating? (yet when I feed him I can't get it in quick enough and he willing takes it from the syringe) His poop production seems a little down but hoping that picks up tonight given he has been far more active today.

The positive from today is he is more fiesty and stroppy and has spent literally no time at all looking pathetic on the sofa and gave me a right run-around to do his supper and his meds! He sounds less congested and doesn't seem to be squeaky! I guess only the vet visit tomorrow afternoon will give me a full picture and yes I do understand I have a sickly bunny who isn't home and dry yet.

Why do they put us through this?? Hissy Sad If it wasn't for Maysie and Hoppers I really don't think I would be getting through this...had a long chat with my Mum today and I asked her if I had done the right thing by fighting for him on Thursday. Her reply was "you weren't prepared NOT to fight for him!" I wanted to know if I had been cruel, yet as Mum says had it been his time no matter how hard I battled for him he may have given up. Crying or Very sad

Im going to head towards my duvet in a minute as I am really tired again Sleep -I dare say I will be down to check on him when I wake up for my middle of the night/early hours tiddle....

P.S

Sparky no I don't have any fenegreek crunchies-there isn't anywhere locally I can get any and he is a such a fussy bunny even when not poorly!

Thumper PLEASE DONT encourage him, he is getting enough extra treats in a bid to keep his weight up etc as it is without me giving in and handing him more!

FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Wave

Is Fudge on any pellets like excel at all or SS if he is just add a little bit of warm water and mix it up and add some of the baby food and mix it all up into a paste that you can suck up with a syringe and try syringe feeding him that.

I'm worried he may not be eating enough Kelly as he's got to eat enough to keep his tummy going. If you have no Critical Care the grinded pellets are the nearest thing.

If Fudge is not on pellets just ask your vet next time Fudge goes for a check up for some Critical Care or if you want to give me your address in a pm I will gladly send you a couple of packet's of Supreme Science Recovery Sachet's. That's no problem, if you let me know asp I will get it in the post for you.

Topping up the Vibes for the Fudgie xxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 am

Well Ive not made it to my duvet yet despite being utterly shattered. I did as Maysie suggested and did it with his excel pellets.

He took a good few syringes and from on the syringe too but then decided he didn't want any more and was getting stroppy ( I hate feeling like I am the bad guy!) Ive put the rest of the paste I made up in his playpen-well it is there if he decides he wants it.

He sounds snufflie again bless him, but I think that was down to his strop. I am at the stage where I don't know what to do for the best and I hate it. Fudge is currently cuddled on his blankie with the hot water bottle underneath and has binky bear tucked next to him.He actually looks quite content.

I am hoping to wake up to a content Fudge bunny and a pile of poops! He has a positive picnic to choose from overnight but as to whether he will or not remains to be seen. Whatever happens I know I will have gone down fighting..just how much fight does he have left in him... Sad
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 am

FudgesMummy wrote:Well Ive not made it to my duvet yet despite being utterly shattered. I did as Maysie suggested and did it with his excel pellets.

He took a good few syringes and from on the syringe too but then decided he didn't want any more and was getting stroppy ( I hate feeling like I am the bad guy!) Ive put the rest of the paste I made up in his playpen-well it is there if he decides he wants it.

He sounds snufflie again bless him, but I think that was down to his strop. I am at the stage where I don't know what to do for the best and I hate it. Fudge is currently cuddled on his blankie with the hot water bottle underneath and has binky bear tucked next to him.He actually looks quite content.

I am hoping to wake up to a content Fudge bunny and a pile of poops! He has a positive picnic to choose from overnight but as to whether he will or not remains to be seen. Whatever happens I know I will have gone down fighting..just how much fight does he have left in him... Sad

We try to give sick buns that are not eating 10 syringes full of Critical care ( fine grind) or grinded excel pellets every two hours if they are not eating or eating enough, I know Fudge may not take 10 syringes as he may start to stress which will kick off his snuffles again.

We also make a note of their weight to see if they are putting on or losing weight, I suppose your vet will weigh Fudge each time you go and make a note of it.

You mustn't feel like the bad guy you are doing all you can to help Fudge and he knows that , when we are syringe feeding sick buns they get stroppy to when they have had enough, that's normal.

I really wished I lived nearer to you as I'd be there.

Topping up the 'keep nomming' Vibes for Fudge xxxxxx

Sending you hugs Hugs Hugs

and as always ring me if you need/ want to anytime even during the night Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 am

Now that was a long night!

I gave Fudge some of the excel and fruit puree and he ate really well-I settled him down on his blankie with the hot water bottle and there was just something I didn't like and things didn't feel 'right'..so I settled myself with the duvet on the sofa with him and his blankie and teddy bear...we slept together on and off and he woke me about 4ish when he hopped off the sofa...I sorted myself out and gave him another feed of excel and pellets-again he ate quite well. Settled him back down feeling OK to leave him this time-for someone reason early I just couldn't.

I feel bad that I overslept through the alarms-came down about 10.40 but I was shattered. He was snuggled in his cuddle house and looking rather like an old man this morning. There were evidence of poops-small and dark but poops! We've had a cuddle and he has eaten excel and puree off the spoon without needing the syringe. He still has occassionally snufflie sounds but no where near as bad as he was. He is now sat on the sofa next to me.

I actually laid on the sofa with him and had a 'goodbye' chat with him last night on the sofa-I think it felt like I had to let him know it was ok to go and I didn't mind he if he had decided he didn't want to fight anyone...sat here in tears now-I am going to be absolutely crushed when he does...but my little man is still here with him..guess his name isn't quite on the list..I am hoping the vet appointment at 2.50 gives us some idea and hopefully Jim can give him something to help get his tummy moving....we shall see. I suspect it is going to be a long day too!

I've got to go to the post office with some documents for a client and a payment so he can't have Mummy home all morning which feels horrible.

Keep those vibes comming-I don't know what else to do.
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Huge Hugs Hugs Hugs to you. I know exactly how you are feeling and it is absolute heartbreaking hell Hugs Hugs Hugs

I'm having a bit of a blub here for you myself Sad I wish there was something I could do to help.

Regards the food war you are having, I know it only too well. I don't know if you read any of the threads re the nightmare I had getting Thumper to eat! Eventually I found a recipe that she would eat.

I mushed her pellets down with boiling water and left it to cool. She would eat this on occasion, but the secret ingredient? I bought grated carrot from asda and put that in it. Plenty of it too. I didn't care that she was probably eating more carrot than she should, she was eating and her eyes even lit up with excitement. She loved it Love

I had the goodbye chats with Thumper too Hugs

Thumper was a mange tout monster, and a few times I shredded some of them and put it in. Just as an extra treat.

I know that you are in an impossible situation, but you are doing an amazing job. You couldn't do more for him.

Hugs Hugs Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Wave

I wonder if your vet would give you some Zantac or metoclopramide to take home with you to give Fudge for his tummy that should get his tummy working but then again I don't know what else Fudge is on in medication maybe there is a reason.

At least he's eating a bit and that's better than nothing.

I actually was in tears reading about your 'Goodbye' chat as I know how very difficult this must be for you Kelly Hugs

Topping up 'magic get well' Vibes for Fudge and gentle nose rubs from me and Uncle Mike
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:27 pm

More comforting vibes on their way love, I am sitting her crying too, we all feel so helpless. Come on fudgie darling, you have done so well so far, let's see you all better again.

I am sending lots of loves and hugs too.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Fudge/ UD Tuesday 17:02  'Sad News' :-( - Page 3 Empty UPDATE

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Fudge has been to the vet's today and sadly his system is shutting down and so Kelly has decided to take the heartbreaking decision to let him go to the Bridge tomorrow morning, I personally think that this is the best choice for him.

Kelly is spending her last night with Fudge and I just can't write anymore as I haven't stopped crying since she rang to tell me, I am so upset for her as she is in bit's.

Thinking about you Kelly and tomorrow and please please ring me if you need to xxxxxxxxxxxx Hugs Hugs

Love you Fudge xxxxxxxxxxx Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next