Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage???

+6
fall3n-ang3l
marleyNfriends
Sue_pawz
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Thumper2001
10 posters

Go down

Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage??? Empty Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage???

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:24 am

We are on our 4th bag of P@H hay. Well we were... Hmmm

The first 3 bags were really good. Nice long, thick green bits and they loved it! Thumbs Up

Bag number 4 has lots of brown in it and they aren't happy with it at all!! They are picking out the good bits and the rest is being left.

But it gets worse.... I found a big thick black feather in the bag this morning pale Shocked Shocked So they aren't getting any more of that!!! Thankfully I have another bag. But the quality is just as ****.

What would you do with the feather bag? Take it back? I don't have my receipt and I don't care about the money but I'd quite like to go in there and make my point!!!

It makes me feel sick that they have been eating that Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage??? Empty Re: Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage???

Post by icedancer Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 am

Nice. I'd be too scared to give it them as well.

I'd be tempted to go down there and gob off, just because its p@h Embarassed Embarassed

I found a ciggie butt in a bag of excel dried herbs but I couldn't be bothered to complain. I wish I had now
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage??? Empty Re: Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage???

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 am

icedancer wrote:Nice. I'd be too scared to give it them as well.

I'd be tempted to go down there and gob off, just because its p@h Embarassed Embarassed

I found a ciggie butt in a bag of excel dried herbs but I couldn't be bothered to complain. I wish I had now

Absolutely agree with that, as it's p@h make a fuss, I hate the place!
We had a couple of feathers whe we used to get gay from there for Barney. It's not the best stuff.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 am

Yuck! A friend on another forum had the same thing.

Mine get the hay from either P@H or Jollyes (never had bother with either) and I've found that they only like the cheap stuff - I've tried them on more expensive hays and they just look at me like "wtf is this mum?" Laughing
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am

Have you guys tried online companies like hay for pets? I find its better quality, a fab service and you get more for your money. Theres also dust free hay, but theyre a little too pricey for me. I could try it, but id be worried that i could no loger afford it and the buns wouldnt eat anything else! Laughing

I dont know if id say anything, personally. But thats just because ive found all sorts when i used farm bales, they just come from the fields and get baled up, and you sometimes got some freebies in with it. Laughing Depending on what article was in there, id use it anyway, or throw the top 2 slices away. Having said that, bagged hay in a pet shop should have some sort of quality control.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 pm

i second the hay for pets,mine adore the stuff,it smells really nice and sweet,i dont get p@h hay anymore,not after i got one what smelt awful and was damp,i do get a bale of hay which is cheap,i use that as bedding and then the good stuff in a pile
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I never get bags of P@H hay simply because when I've looked it's been horrible short brown strands. Never have I seen a bag with lovely long green strands!

I'd go down there and take it back too saying I'm not at all impressed. You expect goodness knows what in bales of hay but I would not expect that from P@H 'processed' bags
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm really annoyed about it because the first few bags were great!! Thankfully I have some nommy oat hay at home that I bought for Thumper so I have been topping them up with that Thumbs Up

I'm going to need to go to P@H tonight and get more hay though. I've noticed that the only other decent looking stuff they have is Excel Herbage. Is this a safer bet?

Thank you Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Can't u buy bales from anywhere?
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:44 pm

I don't know scratch

I don't think OH would let me store one anyway Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:13 pm

I have just bought my second big bag of Hay for pets hay and I am really impressed with them. the hay is lovely and they email to tell you when it has been dispatched. It is double bagged so it does not get wet if the delivery day is a bit wet. I also feed excel herbage with no problems. I would be interested to know which PAH hay you are using. My 2 both hate it but I have noticed recently that the website has been advertising their normal hay as bedding hay and the timothy hay as feeding hay. PAH also sell the lush alfalfa king timothy hay which looks expensive but is well compressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I have just bought my second big bag of Hay for pets hay and I am really impressed with them. the hay is lovely and they email to tell you when it has been dispatched. It is double bagged so it does not get wet if the delivery day is a bit wet. I also feed excel herbage with no problems. I would be interested to know which PAH hay you are using. My 2 both hate it but I have noticed recently that the website has been advertising their normal hay as bedding hay and the timothy hay as feeding hay. PAH also sell the lush alfalfa king timothy hay which looks expensive but is well compressed.

I have used this hay and its great, its really compressed so to start its a bit of a pain to get out of the bag. Its really long nice green strands and it really does last a long time! May be worth a look if you cant get any anywhere else
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Another vote for hay for pets here!

Although my little darlings, after I bought them a big bag of both Ings and Timothy Oat (they enjoyed the small bags so thought I would stock up), have decided they don't like the Ings and turn their noses up at it HBWS The Timothy Oat is chunkier so I think they like that.

They could've told me when I had smaller bags of the two and not waited until I got a massive bag!! I've started mixing it together in the hope they won't notice but they are Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:04 pm

It's the Timothy hay Cheryl. I did notice they had hay in the shop that was for bedding and not eating.

It was really good! The bit of hay Junior is eating in this pic came from one of the bags and 95% of it was of the same quality, albeit shorter!
Well that's disgusting!! U/D Excel Herbage??? 1ae151e1
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Ha! Found the receipt! Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Try the alfalfa king stuff. Going by website prices and sizes it works out similarly priced by weight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:31 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Try the alfalfa king stuff. Going by website prices and sizes it works out similarly priced by weight.
What makes you pick that over the excel Herbage? Just curious Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 pm

I use both, but the alfalfa king is thick green hay that has almost been ironed and folded into it's bag. You can see it in the the packet to see what I mean. Although the excel herbage is timothy based it is much shorter cut than the alfalfa king. If I was only going to feed one of them it would be the alfalfa king one every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Thumbs Up I'll have a look for it. Thnx.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Humum would do Angry Email straight to head office. She'd wait until she had had a really cruddy day at work too Laughing

She's had some pretty decent freebies from Angry Emailing (she does a fine line in sarcasm Wink ).
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I don't know scratch

I don't think OH would let me store one anyway Laughing

I buy a bale and bag it up
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 pm

I forgot to update this last night!

I went to P@H and didn't have to argue with anyone Very Happy

I took both bags back and said I didn't want to keep either of them because I didnt know if the rest of the bird was in them! The girls on the tills both said "eww" and asked if I wanted a refund or an exchange Very Happy

So I got a bag of Excel Herbage and a Bag of that alfalfa king stuff and just paid the difference! I thought I would be as well get both for them to try, so they now have those two and the oat hay Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down