Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

+9
Rachel&Nibbler
JoeyBunsMum
dizzylynn
Velvet.Tears
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
Thumper2001
AnnaT
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 1 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:50 pm

That would be rwaf ros.

Back to top Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 1 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by AnnaT Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:51 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Does that include the local rspca centre rather than the main rspca? There were messages yesterday on facebook saying they would be able to take some animals. Also are rescues being contacted by non-facebook methods? Apart from the local rspca centre (which I have posted the message to) the local centres down here (woodside in plymouth, animals in distress at ipplepen and the Animal ambulance in barnstaple) are all not on facebook. I know woodside have taken in animals from elsewhere before. But I suspect someone official in the rescue operation would need to contact them.

Ros is aware generally of the situation - she is manning the helpline at the moment. But worth checking whether they have become further involved.

I will ask Andrea if she has done this. Thank you.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 pm

AnnaT wrote:
cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Does that include the local rspca centre rather than the main rspca? There were messages yesterday on facebook saying they would be able to take some animals. Also are rescues being contacted by non-facebook methods? Apart from the local rspca centre (which I have posted the message to) the local centres down here (woodside in plymouth, animals in distress at ipplepen and the Animal ambulance in barnstaple) are all not on facebook. I know woodside have taken in animals from elsewhere before. But I suspect someone official in the rescue operation would need to contact them.

Ros is aware generally of the situation - she is manning the helpline at the moment. But worth checking whether they have become further involved.

I will ask Andrea if she has done this. Thank you.

Do you have contact details for the rescues listed?
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 pm

God I hope they find homes.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

From what I understand she is a back street breeder and has done this before Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:From what I understand she is a back street breeder and has done this before Sad

All hutches are being removed in the hope she wont do this again.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:57 pm

AnnaT wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:From what I understand she is a back street breeder and has done this before Sad

All hutches are being removed in the hope she wont do this again.

Thank God! I will ask Mike when he get's home from the vet if we can take any but we have limited space and money at the moment Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:59 pm

So can the hutches go with the buns? Or are they unsuitable?

Just thinking people might be more likely to take them on if they're coming with accommodation.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 pm

woodsidesanctuary@yahoo.co.uk )1752 347503

Animals in distress 01803 812121 http://www.animalsindistress.uk.com/contact/

info@northdevonanimalambulance.co.uk 07817 995751 (this in their 24 hour emergency number)

There is an rspca centre at little valley nr Exeter 01392 439898

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:So can the hutches go with the buns? Or are they unsuitable?

Just thinking people might be more likely to take them on if they're coming with accommodation.

Hutches and transport can be arranged.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:woodsidesanctuary@yahoo.co.uk )1752 347503

Animals in distress 01803 812121 http://www.animalsindistress.uk.com/contact/

info@northdevonanimalambulance.co.uk 07817 995751 (this in their 24 hour emergency number)

There is an rspca centre at little valley nr Exeter 01392 439898

Thank you! Have passed this info on.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Also have they contacted

Windwhistle warren - contact@windwhistlewarren.org.uk

Fat fluffs - http://www.fatfluffs.com/

Reading rabbits - http://www.readingrabbits.org.uk/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:10 pm

You're doing well Cheryl Thumbs Up Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:19 pm

I am trying to think of the proper rabbit rescues. Apart from the reading one I was trying to think of rescues between derby and here where a couple of rabbits may be able to be dropped off at each stop on the way.

And there are RSPCA centres at taunton (west hatch) and weston super mare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:22 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I am trying to think of the proper rabbit rescues. Apart from the reading one I was trying to think of rescues between derby and here where a couple of rabbits may be able to be dropped off at each stop on the way.

And there are RSPCA centres at taunton (west hatch) and weston super mare.
Have you used the map search on Rabbit Rehome?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm up there saturday aswell wish i could take one or 2 home with me as I have spare housing but after my break up I just can't Sad
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:31 pm

If you can give me the details of exactly who prospective rescuers need to contact I'll post on our hh fb page too
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:31 pm

There taking the hutches, whats to stop her getting more hutches really, I think this situation should never have happened.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Katie they are specifically looking for rescues for the buns to go to - ones that will do vet checks, neutering, vaccinating etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:50 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Katie they are specifically looking for rescues for the buns to go to - ones that will do vet checks, neutering, vaccinating etc.
Excuse me if I'm being thick, who are "they"?

Bear in mind I can't see the fb page Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:58 pm

RACR rescue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Oh. That's ok then! I thought for a minute you meant the owners and I was thinking they had a bloody cheek!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Going by their website, the SSPCA nearest me isn't at capacity, but I don't know how that would pan out....
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 pm

[url=Brinsley Animal Rescue]http://brinsleyanimalrescue.org/[/url] is near enough by. Could they be contacted?

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:11 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:[url=Brinsley Animal Rescue]http://brinsleyanimalrescue.org/[/url] is near enough by. Could they be contacted?

Thank you, have passed this on
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next