Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY

+14
Vince the bunny
wizbit
fiver
FluffSlave
Big Ears
Vegan_bunny
JoeyBunsMum
Sparky
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Tuckerbunnies
gentl
Thumper2001
Dotdot
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY - Page 3 Empty Re: Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY

Post by Dotdot Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Thank you Smile I feel like I've been full on working all day each week but I haven't!

She's getting back to normal now. Her and Phil have been playing games- she's been full on grunting at him as he runs his fingers along the floor. She's also been giving him loads of kisses!! I haven't had one since she's been home but daddy's been away for a week and she gives him loads, even when he says 'kiss' Rolling Eyes

I'm not jealous Laughing

Drinking has gone down to 300ml now so we are back to what I think was a usual amount for them to drink beforehand.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY - Page 3 Empty Re: Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY

Post by wizbit Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:19 am

It's exhausting nursing a bun for a couple of days so I can't imagine how drained you must feel. So glad to hear that Tigger is getting back to normal, fingers crossed it continues. She's gorgeous.

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:14 pm

sounds like she's getting lots better Love Love Love
she's probably not giving you kisses to make you jealous and enjoy them all the more when you do get some Wink

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegan_bunny Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Sounds like the reason she was drinking more was just because she had been so ill. I know that if I'm poorly I always feel more thirsty and with her having such bad diarrhea it would have taken a little while longer to get her fluids back to normal. Smile
Vegan_bunny
Vegan_bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 pm

So pleased to hear she's bounding around like her normal self. Keeping all fingers and paws crossed for you that she continues to improve. I can't imagine how difficult the past weeks have been for you.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Is Tigger still improving?

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 pm

She is still doing well yes, thank you Smile All pale puddles have stopped and drink is averaging 400ml. Still a couple of tiny spots of normal wee here and there some mornings but much better than it was. She's keeping herself fairly clean too which is reassuring.
She's well enough to fight me over bum checks - me coming off worse Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by wizbit Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:04 pm

That is great to hear. Fingers crossed she is now on the road to full recovery. X

wizbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:35 am

Sounds as if the lovely Tigger Love is definitely on the mend and that is the
most wonderful news! Hugs to you and a nose rub for Tigger and Jeeves!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:28 am

Glad to hear that Tigger is on the mend Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I hope she is continuing to improve love, you are really wonderful doing this.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY - Page 3 TiggerJeevesvibetopup

And some major Hugs for you. Hope
you have got some rest.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 pm

How is she today?

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:04 pm

I hope she is better today love, please let us know.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:39 am

Thank you all again Smile

Well, she is certainly putting on weight again, I can tell from just looking at her.
Last Sunday she had put on .15 kg's but I forgot to weigh her last night Laughing

The drink has gone back up to 600ml in the day and 600ml in the night now between the two but I've a feeling that is because of pro-c in the water. Thursday into Friday I had ran out of pro-c so had just plain water and between them they drunk about 300ml in the day and 300ml at night, back on pro-c and the drink is right back up again so I guess it is that.

BUT - does anyone find pro-c gives their buns rather shiny soft poo? By soft I mean when stood on they easily squash flat.
When I ran out of pro-c the amount of soft shiny poo went really really low scratch

It's hard to toss up what is incontinence and what is pure laziness. I have to remember they were away for a month without being litter trained because of being so ill. I sometimes find normal amounts of normal wee (not pale) just outside of the toilet where they eat the hay. So that, I guess is laziness.
But yesterday did find 6 tiny dark orange/brown spots about the size of 5p's on the floor, and after Tigger moved she left two more. No more was found throughout the day and she's keeping herself clean.

She's eating perfectly and being so cheeky Very Happy
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Good to hear that Tigger seems to be improving, putting on weight is a good sign. Sorry I can't answer any of your questions but sending more vibes for Tigger's continued improvement. Hugs x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Is she still on any meds? Antibiotics could give her soft poos but I've never known it from Pro-C. Are they back up to eating normal amounts of hay? Has she actually had her delicate bits looked at recently? I wonder if she might have a mild UTI.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Nope she hasn't been on any AB's for 3 weeks.
I think we may need a vet trip soon, she has improved a lot since when she first came home, but something still isn't right.
They have both been eating as much hay as normal. God knows she helps herself to it straight from the bag if I'm not quick enough Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

I was thinking that could she have a UTI , sometimes they can do 'spot's' of urine when they have cystitis.

Topping up the Vibes for them Both xxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Dotdot wrote:Nope she hasn't been on any AB's for 3 weeks.
I think we may need a vet trip soon, she has improved a lot since when she first came home, but something still isn't right.
They have both been eating as much hay as normal. God knows she helps herself to it straight from the bag if I'm not quick enough Laughing

Im glad shes doing well and not causing too much concern, the fact that shes so keen to tuck in is great considering where she was not so long back. She has done really well, bless her Love

Noserubs to the pair of them, i hope the vet check goes well Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Thank you Smile
I'm so proud of her, I take the herbs down in the morning on a tray, I kneel down to them and feed them by hand and she will climb up my knees and steal the herbs from the tray if I don't time it right Laughing
She still goes mad for pellets and even goes mad for the fenugreek crunches tainted with panacur!

That's a point, maybe the panacur could affect the poo?

Regarding the UTI, if your buns have been affected by it and received treatment what have they had to clear it up. She was on Baytril for about 2 weeks when she was away and it had no effect on her so of course worry it will be pointless trying it.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 pm

We won't ever bother with Baytril for buns again, to be honest. Humum thinks it might have been so widely used in rabbits that all the infections they could get are just becoming resistant.

The final thing that tipped her into thinking that was when Jack had a URI - 3 weeks of Baytril did nothing at all, his first jab of Alamycin and there was a marked improvement within 24 hours, three more jabs three days apart and he was completely clear and has remained so.

For an oral abx, if your vet will give an alternative, we have had Flagyl (children's med, full of sugar, buns suck it out of the syringe) or I know the Tuckerbunnies use Septrin Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil & Ron's Mum Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Glad Tigger is better. x

Lil & Ron's Mum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:49 am

Tigger- Coccidia and now E.cuniculi? UD: MONDAY - Page 3 TiggerJeevesvibetopup

Hugs for you too!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3