Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

+9
Sue_pawz
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
fiver
Sparky
KatieB
gentl
FluffSlave
Tuckerbunnies
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' Empty Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:48 am

Mike's Stepdad has been rushed into hospital with a suspected stroke and it's not looking very good
Please could we have some Vibes to keep him safe and well Please

Thank You Hoppers
xxx

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:37 am; edited 3 times in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' Empty Re: Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

Post by FluffSlave Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm so sorry Maysie. Thinking of you and Mike and sending tonnes and tonnes of "safe and well" vibes Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' Empty Re: Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

Post by gentl Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' Nursebunny-getwellsoon

Dear Maysie & Mike,

Praying for Mike's step-dad and all his family. Sending all the vibes, hopes
wishes and hugs that I can give too! I hope there is good news soon.

Hugs And God bless you all!

Holly
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Thinking of you all Maysie xxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Lots and lots of vibes for Mike's Step-Dad Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

If it is any comfort at all, if it is a stroke the immediate after-effects can be very alarming but a vast improvement can often be seen within 24 hours or so. I really hope that is the case here Hugs

Lots of hugs for Mike and you Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 pm

oh maysie and mike i hope he is ok and it turns out ok,
thinking of you mike and all the family and sending mega strong vibes prayers and hugs to you all Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' Empty Update

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Mike's Stepdad has a very serious chest infection which they think has caused him to have like a mini stroke, his temperature was dangerously high and they are keeping him in hospital. They have given him three doses of a strong antibiotic and they will know tomorrow if he has had a stroke.
He hasn't been well for a good few years as he has a brain tumour Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:24 pm

oh maysie give our love and get well wishes to him Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Gosh lots of vibes and well wishes for Mikes step dad.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Vibes for Mike's step-dad. Here's hoping they can get him well enough again.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Thinking of you, Mike and his step-dad, and sending lots of vibes and get well wishes to him Hugs xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending lots of vibes that he's ok & is better soon. I hope you & mike are ok Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Mike's stepdad, you and Mike are in my prayers x
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Thinking of you both xx

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:41 pm

any more news maysie,
i hope he has a speedy full recovery xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:29 pm

fiver wrote:any more news maysie,

Many Thanks everyone Hugs Hugs

Mikes Mum rang earlier to tell us it was a serious chest infection but we will find out more tomorrow hopefully, we are all just worried it doesn't lead
to pneumonia . He's not speaking or moving just really sleeping at the moment.

Would you believe the ambulance broke down on the way to hospital No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Mikes Mum rang earlier to tell us it was a serious chest infection but we will find out more tomorrow hopefully, we are all just worried it doesn't lead

Does that mean he's hopefully not had a stroke? Topping up the vibes that it isn't going to lead to anything more serious and he's feeling better soon.

Really?! That's shocking. I know motors can be unreliable sometimes but they should really make sure an ambulance isn't going to break down. It could cause some serious repercussions. No
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:23 am

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Does that mean he's hopefully not had a stroke? Topping up the vibes that it isn't going to lead to anything more serious and he's feeling better soon.

Really?! That's shocking. I know motors can be unreliable sometimes but they should really make sure an ambulance isn't going to break down. It could cause some serious repercussions. No
your all in my thoughts and prayers xx
you would expect they are highly maintaned but just unbelievable No
did they replace it quickly and did they not have a rapid response accompanying them?

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Well Mikes Mum got to the hospital today to find they had moved Mike's Stepdad and so she had to find which ward he was on when she eventually found the ward and went over to see him he was wet and so she called a nurse, she also asked if he had been given his tablet's and they said no because they need a Doctor to sign for them and there was no Doctor on the ward today Rolling Eyes Mike's Mum said well I have a brand new packet on me but they said no they couldn't give him any as they didn't know how many to give him and she said that it stated clearly on the box how many he was to have but no they needed to see the Doctor but there was no Doctor on duty today. Those tablet's are important to Mike's Stepdad as they stop him from hallucinating Sad

So poor Mike's Stepdad has still not had a Doctor check him over No

Mike is going to our Doctor's tomorrow as his slipped disc is worse and he can hardly walk he is just taking Tramadol but they are not making any difference, hence I am not on the forum much at the moment. Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:55 am

Be assured our thoughts and prayers are with Mike's step-dad, mom, Mike, you and all the Tuckerbunnies!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:14 am

i am astounded at the hospital
1) why did they not inform his next of kin he was being moved and to which ward....
2) NO doctor on ward? why was one not sent from another ward or at least a covering doctor
3) not administering medication for which is a nescesity for his well being
4) leaving this patient wet and un cared for.

Maysie i strongly suggest a serious complaint be put in about this hospital and the miss management of their patients there could be serious consequences occured over such poor care of the patient let alone the suffering that is caused to the patient and loved ones as well.
i hope and pray for a speedy recovery and he can go home where he is taken care of in a much better way xxx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:07 pm

fiver wrote:i am astounded at the hospital
1) why did they not inform his next of kin he was being moved and to which ward....
2) NO doctor on ward? why was one not sent from another ward or at least a covering doctor
3) not administering medication for which is a nescesity for his well being
4) leaving this patient wet and un cared for.

Maysie i strongly suggest a serious complaint be put in about this hospital and the miss management of their patients there could be serious consequences occured over such poor care of the patient let alone the suffering that is caused to the patient and loved ones as well.
i hope and pray for a speedy recovery and he can go home where he is taken care of in a much better way xxx

I think Mike's Mum will be complaining as Phil (Mikes Dad) is also on 'Warfarin' and when she asked if he had been given any Warfarin she was told they had none in the ward pharmacy yet they have a heart ward in the hospital and so they must have Warfarin somewhere.
Also yesterday Mike's Mum noticed a Doctor visiting one of the patients in the bed next to Phil's and she overhead the Doctor say "I've been called out to you as I've been told you are not eating".
So why couldn't they call a Doctor out for Phil when he was rushed in !!! confused

Mike's Mum has had problems with this hospital before No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:14 pm

This hospital sounds like it's failing in all aspects. Their treatment of Mike's step-dad is astonishing. Why if there was not a doctor on ward, would you not call for another? It's absolutely ridiculous that they've failed to get another doctor there.

Can he transfer to another hospital? It sounds like the best thing is to get out of there and go to another if possible..
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:This hospital sounds like it's failing in all aspects. Their treatment of Mike's step-dad is astonishing. Why if there was not a doctor on ward, would you not call for another? It's absolutely ridiculous that they've failed to get another doctor there.

Can he transfer to another hospital? It sounds like the best thing is to get out of there and go to another if possible..

That hospital is suppose to be the best in the area and it's not to far from where Mike's Mum lives Shocked

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:03 pm

I dread to think of what the other hospitals are like then! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the hospital pulls their fingers out and start acting like a proper hospital
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next