Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

+9
Sue_pawz
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
fiver
Sparky
KatieB
gentl
FluffSlave
Tuckerbunnies
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 3 Empty Re: Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

Post by gentl Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 3 GetwellMike

How is Mike getting on today, Maysie? Sending top-up vibes!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 3 Empty Re: Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:23 pm

gentl wrote:Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 3 GetwellMike

How is Mike getting on today, Maysie? Sending top-up vibes!

Aww Thank you Holly Hugs

He's a lot better now than he was he is walking ok xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 3 Empty UPDATE ON MIKES'S STEPDAD PHIL.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:35 am

Mike's Mum rang tonight and said that at last she has managed to talk to a Doctor about Phil and sadly it's not good news. The Doctor said because his body can't fight the e-coli infection it's now shutting down , he will have good day's and bad days but will mostly be sleeping and will never be like he was again before he was taken to hospital.
It's not what Mike's Mum or Mike and I wanted to hear but at least we all know what to expect now Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:22 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Mike's Mum rang tonight and said that at last she has managed to talk to a Doctor about Phil and sadly it's not good news. The Doctor said because his body can't fight the e-coli infection it's now shutting down , he will have good day's and bad days but will mostly be sleeping and will never be like he was again before he was taken to hospital.
It's not what Mike's Mum or Mike and I wanted to hear but at least we all know what to expect now Sad

Grrrrrrr! This angers me! e. coli is survivable if you get the right treatment. Does he have an Intensivest(ICU doc) taking care of him or a GP. I'm not at all familiar with the medical system there. Do they have epidemiologists that treat septicemia with a team of cardiologists, pulmonologists and renal docs if necessary? I guess his age is against him, but I'm no spring chicken as we say here in the South. I hope I'm never that ill again EVER, but I survived, but then i had good treatment.

I'm sending vibes and oh so many prayers to Phil. Also for Mike's mom, Mike and you! Also for all the Tuckerbunnies because as you know they pick up on these things! Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 am

gentl wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:Mike's Mum rang tonight and said that at last she has managed to talk to a Doctor about Phil and sadly it's not good news. The Doctor said because his body can't fight the e-coli infection it's now shutting down , he will have good day's and bad days but will mostly be sleeping and will never be like he was again before he was taken to hospital.

Grrrrrrr! This angers me! e. coli is survivable if you get the right treatment. Does he have an Intensivest(ICU doc) taking care of him or a GP. I'm not at all familiar with the medical system there. Do they have epidemiologists that treat septicemia with a team of cardiologists, pulmonologists and renal docs if necessary? I guess his age is against him, but I'm no spring chicken as we say here in the South. I hope I'm never that ill again EVER, but I survived, but then i had good treatment.

I'm sending vibes and oh so many prayers to Phil. Also for Mike's mom, Mike and you! Also for all the Tuckerbunnies because as you know they pick up on these things! Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Although e-coli can be treated the two types of antibiotics that they are using to treat it ,the e-coli is getting imuned to the antibiotics so they have to use more toxic drugs to get rid of it which can cause more problems in itself. The fact that Mike's Stepdad has got Alzheimer's due to a brain tumour isn't helping. He has had the brain tumour 15 years Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:45 am

Im so sorry its not good news Maysie.

I am sending you, Mike and all the family lots of love x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:50 am

I'm sorry to hear the news, Maysie. I hope they can at least keep him comfortable and treat him with care and dignity Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear this Maysie, it's terrible news. Sending lots and lots of hugs to you, Mike and your family and thinking of you Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:57 pm

mega vibes to you all especially mikes mum and stepdad Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:54 pm

This is really sad news love and I think it is time for a cuddle. My little babies and I are sending lots of love and comfort. We are here if you need us.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:43 pm

So sorry to hear that things have taken a turn for the worse. It is such a difficult time for a family to watch someone you love lose their battle. My thoughts go out to you, Mike and his family. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. Hugs for you all.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Oh, Maysie! A long standing brain tumor and everything else too! Bless his heart! Mega hugs Hugs vibes and prayers for ALL of you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you're all ok. Big hugs to you all Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm

I am sending more loves and cuddles.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Gosh, I'm so sorry Maysie and Mike. I can't offer much except for my support, hugs and love xxx
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:14 pm

How is he today love? Lots more loving vibes are on their way.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3