Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

+9
Sue_pawz
Rachel&Nibbler
Dotdot
fiver
Sparky
KatieB
gentl
FluffSlave
Tuckerbunnies
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 2 Empty Re: Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

Post by Sparky Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 pm

I really hope Mike's Mum is the sort to kick up a stink, and raise her voice if necessary. Lots of vibes for Mike's Mum and Step-Dad Hugs Hugs Hugs

Maysie, Mike really must rest his back if it is to get better - he should also be seeing a physio. I bet getting him to rest is tough, but if he doesn't this could drag on for much longer. the problem with painkillers is that they mask the fact his body is telling him there is something wrong. Wishing you both all the best too, and wishing once again that we were close enough to help out Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 2 Empty Re: Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/ 'Not Good News'

Post by Sue_pawz Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm

What a nightmare situation, that really is appalling, and definitely worth kicking up a stink.

When I was in hospital a few years back, I deliberately kept hold of my own meds so I was in control and I knew I got the right dose when I needed it. They were not happy when they realised it!

And about Mike's back - what Sparky said!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:00 pm

How are you both holding up Maysie?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Mike's Mum is going to ring us again tonight so hopefully the Doctor will have seen Phil ( Mikes Stepdad) he was awake last night when she visited him and he speaks a little bit but due to the brain tumour he has dementia and it's the brain tumour that causes the strokes. He's been like this for a long time and Mike's Mum takes care of him herself .

Mike didn't go to the Doctor's today because by the time he got home from Darlington the open surgery was closed, he is in great pain and just won't rest but then it's hard with 26 rabbits to look after and boarding buns.
We both suffer from really bad back problems but my pain is a dull ache at the moment which I am use to and have learnt to live with but Mike 's slipped disc has just started again else he's had it off and on for 5 years but this time it's very bad.

But we are coping, we have been really busy but three went home yesterday and some today and so it's a little easier.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm

I agree Maysie - the only way to get things to improve is to complain. When it is a question of inadequate staffing I think most of the staff would encourage you to complain. And do it in writing.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Well said Cheryl love, I agree entirely.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 pm

How are things today?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:16 am

Katieb wrote:How are things today?

Oh it just get's worse Katie No

Mike's Mum got to the hospital this morning ( wednesday) and Phil ( Mike's Stepdad) was sweating so much he was soaked and he was sat with the blanket's in a ball under his arm, he was also badly hallucinating as they have still not given him his tablets to stop him hallucinating and he was shouting at everyone. If that wasn't bad enough when Mike's Mum approached a member of the staff she was informed the Doctor had been to check Phil and discharged him and they were just waiting for Social Services to discharge him to Shocked

What Mike's Mum can't understand they have 2 wards especially for dementia in that hospital but they didn't take Phil there confused

Anyway she is going to complain as Phil isn't getting the care that he should be. Sad

Mike has been to the Doctor's today with his slipped disc and they have given him some anti-inflammatory's to take and said he could do with going to a chiropractor but he would have to pay as they don't have the funding to send people on the NHS.
When we lived in Lancashire our Doctor sent Mike to a chiropractor on the NHS as he has to have weekly sessions and it's not cheap.

This is the worse Mike has been with his slipped disc since he did it.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:56 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Katieb wrote:How are things today?

Oh it just get's worse Katie No

Mike's Mum got to the hospital this morning ( wednesday) and Phil ( Mike's Stepdad) was sweating so much he was soaked and he was sat with the blanket's in a ball under his arm, he was also badly hallucinating as they have still not given him his tablets to stop him hallucinating and he was shouting at everyone. If that wasn't bad enough when Mike's Mum approached a member of the staff she was informed the Doctor had been to check Phil and discharged him and they were just waiting for Social Services to discharge him to Shocked

What Mike's Mum can't understand they have 2 wards especially for dementia in that hospital but they didn't take Phil there confused

Anyway she is going to complain as Phil isn't getting the care that he should be. Sad

Mike has been to the Doctor's today with his slipped disc and they have given him some anti-inflammatory's to take and said he could do with going to a chiropractor but he would have to pay as they don't have the funding to send people on the NHS.
When we lived in Lancashire our Doctor sent Mike to a chiropractor on the NHS as he has to have weekly sessions and it's not cheap.

This is the worse Mike has been with his slipped disc since he did it.

Im sorry that Mikes Step Dad is in this situation. The NHS infuriates me sometimes, HBWS they do an fantastic job on the whole, but things just seem to be slipping. I think its hte lack of funding and services being over stretched, there just isnt time to care anymore No

That is ridiculous that they will not send Mike to an NHS chiropractor, there must be something that can be done. Appeal? See another doctor? Go to the PCT? It sounds like the post code lottery thing - just because you live in a different area, should not impact on the services you are entitled to or the standard of care. Its a disgrace!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 pm

I really hope they get Mike's Step-Dad's care sorted out Mad

Maysie, Mike would almost certainly be better off with a physiotherapist than a chiropractor. A chiropractor will manipulate Mike's joints and that could be the worst thing to do. A physiotherapist will observe and advise on exercises he can do to get that disc to slip back into place and to build up the muscles in the local area to stop it slipping out again.

Humum slipped 3 discs at the base of her spine in 2000 - a chiropractor pulled her about a bit and she walked out of there feeling 1000x better, only to be crying on the floor in agony a few hours later. She had morphine for the pain in the end, but what got her sorted out properly was a decent physio.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Sparky wrote:I really hope they get Mike's Step-Dad's care sorted out Mad

Maysie, Mike would almost certainly be better off with a physiotherapist than a chiropractor. A chiropractor will manipulate Mike's joints and that could be the worst thing to do. A physiotherapist will observe and advise on exercises he can do to get that disc to slip back into place and to build up the muscles in the local area to stop it slipping out again.

Humum slipped 3 discs at the base of her spine in 2000 - a chiropractor pulled her about a bit and she walked out of there feeling 1000x better, only to be crying on the floor in agony a few hours later. She had morphine for the pain in the end, but what got her sorted out properly was a decent physio.

He's tried a physiotherapist Sparky and it didn't work at all for him but a chiropractor did, it doesn't help that our Doctors are not great unlike the ones back home who seem to care more about you. We have been told to change our Doctors by one of our local customers and we think we will all though sometimes I think it would be a lot better for both of us health wise if we upped and moved back home what with the wonderful neighbours on one side and now constant barking dogs on the other. We both have had enough!

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 pm

how can a supposed professional human treat another human in such an inhumane way No i am totally disgusted Mad
i hope mike can get some help with the finances for his treatment Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 pm

We are all behind you love and lot of comforting vibes are on their way.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:53 am

Well the latest is one of the nurses that works at the hospital lives near Mike's Mum and today when Mike's Mum got to the hospital she saw the nurse who lives near her and had a word with her and asked her if she could keep an eye on Phil ( Mikes Stepdad) and so the nurse said yes and she got Phil's notes ( not the one's that clip on the end of the bed) and seemingly he hasn't got a chest infection but a bladder infection and E.coli Shocked
So he has to stop in hospital and he is on very very strong antibiotics.

My Niece's Husband's Nana is now also in Hospital and they have been at her bedside for 3 day's she started with dementia last year and has slowly deteriorated and now in hospital as they think she is close to death. Sad

Some good news Mikes back seems a lot better since he has been on the anti-inflammatories at least he can walk now. Smile

Is it nearly 2013 yet as I've had enough of 2012 Hmmm

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:30 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Well the latest is one of the nurses that works at the hospital lives near Mike's Mum and today when Mike's Mum got to the hospital she saw the nurse who lives near her and had a word with her and asked her if she could keep an eye on Phil ( Mikes Stepdad) and so the nurse said yes and she got Phil's notes ( not the one's that clip on the end of the bed) and seemingly he hasn't got a chest infection but a bladder infection and E.coli Shocked
So he has to stop in hospital and he is on very very strong antibiotics.

My Niece's Husband's Nana is now also in Hospital and they have been at her bedside for 3 day's she started with dementia last year and has slowly deteriorated and now in hospital as they think she is close to death. Sad

Some good news Mikes back seems a lot better since he has been on the anti-inflammatories at least he can walk now. Smile

Is it nearly 2013 yet as I've had enough of 2012 Hmmm

Sad Lots more hugs coming your way Maysie Hugs Hugs Hugs And top up vibes for your family, im glad Mikes back is feeling a bit better, are you going to keep fighting to see a chiropractor on the NHS?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:49 pm

You are goig through the mill aren't you love? i am sending lots more loves and comforts.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Sadly my Niece's Husbands Nana died at 7:00 am this morning I have just had a text from my Sister Crying or Very sad
I feel very sad as Nana Louie use to get on with Mum and they would sit and chat before my Mum started with Alzheimer's disease and now
they are both gone Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Rest in peace, Nana Louie.

For Maysie Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

RIP Nana Louie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you are ok xxxxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 pm

so sorry to hear abot nana Sad
rip nana xx
are you and mike ok x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 am

fiver wrote:so sorry to hear abot nana Sad
rip nana xx
are you and mike ok x

Yes we are ok Thanks Rob Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 am

Sparky wrote:Rest in peace, Nana Louie.

For Maysie Hugs Hugs Hugs

Thanks Sparky Please can I some Vibes for Mike's StepDad/  'Not Good News' - Page 2 Bunnyhug-2

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:35 am

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Mega hugs Maysie dear! Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

I'm so sorry to hear of your Nana Louise's passing. Perhaps she and Karen arrived at the Pearly Gates together. Smile It's a lovely thought.
I'm glad Mikes back is better and he can walk now. Back pain prevents you from doing anything if it is bad enough. Even breathing hurts!
Hare-Mail Squadron is tuning up and will be on it's way soon with more get well vibes for Mike and comforting vibes for you both. You're in my prayers too.
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:45 pm

I am so sorry to hear this love, lots of special comforts are on their way to you and I too hope you are OK.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 am

So sorry to hear this, big hugs to you both Hugs topping up my vibes to you both
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next