Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is this? - UD Annie doing well....

+15
marleyNfriends
Big Ears
JoeyBunsMum
Rachel&Nibbler
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
NickieM
Sixer
Thumper2001
Sparky
paullp
fiver
FluffSlave
SarahJane
KatieB
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is this? - UD Annie doing well.... - Page 2 Empty Re: What is this? - UD Annie doing well....

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:That look's like a cyst or an abscess to me.

God I hope so.

Her Genitals do seem bigger if that makes sense?? no sores or anything on them - just enlarged.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

What is this? - UD Annie doing well.... - Page 2 Empty Re: What is this? - UD Annie doing well....

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Katieb wrote:

God I hope so.

Her Genitals do seem bigger if that makes sense?? no sores or anything on them - just enlarged.

Are her vent's clean Katie ? does she seem ok otherwise?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Katieb wrote:

God I hope so.

Katie please do not take this the wrong way, I'm only saying this because I know I'm guilty of it... I go into a blind panic and sometimes see things that are not there... How sure are you that her genitals are enlarged? Could your OH have a look for a second opinion? If you are mistaken, it'll maybe put your mind at rest a bit.

I really hope I haven't offended Embarassed

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo!!!)
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:23 pm

No im not offended at all hunni - Matt agreed with me unfortunately. Although to be fair, neither of us have looked at to many bunny bits!!!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Katieb wrote:

God I hope so.

Are her vent's clean Katie ? does she seem ok otherwise?

Yes I think so - she is completely fine in herself, eating and pooing normally.

Im taking her to the vets first thing and have already prepared the spare room so that if it is they can come in.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Katieb wrote:No im not offended at all hunni - Matt agreed with me unfortunately. Although to be fair, neither of us have looked at to many bunny bits!!!

I'm glad I didn't offend ya.

If it is myxi, you've obviously caught it early and I know you guys will throw everything at it. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you're wrong! Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks hunni x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:16 pm

It is not anything you have done Katie. We all know that Myxi is indiscriminate which is why we vaccinate. These 2 needed a special home for more reasons than you knew at the time you took them on. You have given them that home and then some.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Fingers crossed for little Annie - sending a load of vibes to her and hugs to her wonderful mummy. Thinking of you Katie, you don't need this Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:13 pm

sending mrga vibe and hugs to annie and you all Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Sending out ALL the HareMail Squadrons for precious Annie! Love

Honestly, it just looks like a tiny sebaceous cyst. Certainly have the vet look at it but try not to worry.(impossible...I know Wink ) It doesn't look infected or even irritated to me...But piccies on the computer don't always show correct color. Is it hot to touch? With this type of cyst they may not even treat it unless it gets to where it affects her vision or becomes uncomfortable especially since her preciousness is so medically fragile.

Annie, Charlie and Daisy will pick up on your stress. Mega Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs to you to Katie! You've had a lot to deal with as of late. Please know you all are in my prayers.

gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:48 am

I'm sorry I missed this over the weekend. Sending mega vibes that Annie and Charlie are ok. How have you got on today? Big hugs to you too Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 am

Took her to my local vet who thought it was Myxi - she has another small spot on her nose.

However, I spoke to John who would like to see all three of them at 6.10 this afternoon.

I am just beside myself.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:04 am

Oh no, I really hope that it's nothing serious. Please, please don't think you are doing anything wrong Katie, we know you worship those buns. I'm one if the worst worriers and I know drom experience that these things seem crop up when youre already stressed out your tree. If you can muster up any positive thoughts along with all our vibes it might just help xx

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am

Sad Hugs Hugs

I hope the appointment this afternoon goes ok and Mr C can give you some help and answers

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 am

Oh Katie Sad

I didn't think it looked like Myxi but if she has another on her nose it does make it seem more likely. I wish I could give you a big hug right now. x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm so sorry to read this, as if you and your bunnies haven't had enough to deal with so far!

Just possibly, if her immune system was better able to cope with taking the vaccine at the time she was vaccinated (presumably she wasn't ill enough to not cope at that time) then *maybe* it's a very mild nodular form. I don't know how she will fair even with that I hope JC is able to give you some hope when he reviews her this evening. At least you are already aware of her underlying condition so you are best able to provide whatever she will need. I really hope she has enough immunity for this to be an inconvenience to her rather than a serious threat.

Sending hugs. You're living proof that bad things happen to good people, there is no way you could have prevented any of this but you must be feeling pretty cursed right now.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Am absolutely devastated for you. I am continuing to pray that this is not what it seems. If there is any consolation at all you are in the best possible hands with JC.

I just want to take this all away for you, am thinking of you so much xxxxxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Oh Katie im so terribly sorry Crying or Very sad Im sat here crying for you, its so unfair, you and the buns have enough to deal with Crying or Very sad

The more ive read of this thread, the more convincing myxi sounds, i just hope we are all proven wrong. I would be concerned about traveling Daisy with Annie and Charlie, will this not put him at more risk? I dont want to scare you, but this would really worry me.

Tons and tons of vibes coming for the 4 of you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 pm

oh no Hugs lots of top up vibes for you and your buns Hugs
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 pm

oh no Shocked i never thought it was myxi i'm praying j.c. gives you some better news hun and if it is that it can be sorted out Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
am sending prayers xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Oh no I'm so sorry Katie I really really am you so don't deserve all this upset Sad

My heart goes out to you, and Mike and I are sending 'healing' Vibes for Annie, Charlie and Daisy xxxxx

And some of these for you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Good Luck at the vet's tonight , I did wonder if it could be Syphilis as they are similar symptoms.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm so sorry to read this update Sad I really hoped the vet would say it was something else.

Huge Hugs Will be thinking of ya's x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Oh no Crying or Very sad just caught up with this. Big Hugs to you, Charlie, Annie and Daisy.

I really hope she's ok.

I did hear a story recently, from Dougals rescue homecheck lady, that someone had three or four buns and one caught myxi. The ones who had received the combi jab didn't catch it and somehow seemed immune. So if Daisy has he "should" be ok. This lady in question wanted to adopt a bunny even though she had myxi in the house! The home check lady had a panic as she was bunny sitting for me from that day so asked if they'd had the combi.

But major major vibes and hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks everyone - I am just exhausted.

Im having real trouble processing everything right now, and I just dont know how much more I can cope with.

Thank you for your support everyone - I dont know what id do without you all and Im going to need all the help I can get.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next