Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of lino/vinyl do you guys have down?

+3
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Zo
7 posters

Go down

What type of lino/vinyl do you guys have down? Empty What type of lino/vinyl do you guys have down?

Post by Zo Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm going to make the run area of Hectors cage a foot longer, I mentioned it to Mum and she was really supportive and even suggested I get lino to put down instead of the correx that is down currently. I think when he was smaller the cage was fine, but now he's big he just needs that extra bit of space to run around in!

So, where did you get your lino from, and what is it like? Textured, tile effect, plain etc

EDIT// how does this one look??
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

What type of lino/vinyl do you guys have down? Empty Re: What type of lino/vinyl do you guys have down?

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 pm

We have this one down in our boarding shed but we didn't get it from this company we got our's from Calverts Carpets in Richmond as he always knock's us a bit off with having all the buns. http://www.carpet-superstore.com/vinyl/essential-range-farmhouse.html

We also buy the offcut's as it's cheaper for us

http://www.calverts-carpets.co.uk/

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

What type of lino/vinyl do you guys have down? Empty Re: What type of lino/vinyl do you guys have down?

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:58 pm

All I can say is that ours is textured and it's one big piece rather than tiles.

It's great. I wish I'd had in the pen from the beginning.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm going to have a look at B&Q tomorrow because if I can get it from there I can extend the run tomorrow, then if I can get anything suitable there I'll look again on the web!

Thank you
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Last edited by Zo on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 pm

That's expensive and not a stock item, it says "available to order for store delivery" which could mean up to 7 days wait. £13 per sq/m!

Do you have a Carpet Right near you? Ours came from there and was a roll end offcut and worked out about £7 per sq/m.
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:41 pm

I was joking Father Jack! I'm not sure Hector would appreciate feeling like he's swimming all the time Laughing

I'm going to pop down to the store tomorrow and see what they've got, I think we have a carpet right, it's a pain to get to though
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Zo, we are currently in the process of sourcing lino for the bun's room. We have found a really good deal at Wilkos. They sell the self-adhesive lino tiles for £3.00 (?) - or thereabouts - for a six pack.

For us, that works out that we're going to be paying about £95 to cover a 16 square foot room which is far better than the £300 quote we had for that much lino at another shop Shocked

We are just going to buy one pack to start with, stick them down and see how good they are, but if they're any cop and you're still looking I can let you know how they go! Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 pm

We got ours from carpet right too. £37 for a 5m x 6m off cut.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Zo, we are currently in the process of sourcing lino for the bun's room. We have found a really good deal at Wilkos. They sell the self-adhesive lino tiles for £3.00 (?) - or thereabouts - for a six pack.

For us, that works out that we're going to be paying about £95 to cover a 16 square foot room which is far better than the £300 quote we had for that much lino at another shop Shocked

We are just going to buy one pack to start with, stick them down and see how good they are, but if they're any cop and you're still looking I can let you know how they go! Thumbs Up
Thank you for offering but I can't use those because its going on top of carpet

I hope those work for wills and mojo though Love
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Not to worry Smile

Me too. I absolutely hate the bunny room. It is just manky concrete floor which is impossible to clean properly and just urgh. We're headed off to Wilkos tomorrow evening - thank god!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Jess, I don't know that you'll have much luck with the tiles, especially onto a concrete floor. We had them down in Roo's Chalet and as soon as anything manages to get under an edge, they lift... then get chewed Rolling Eyes

You might as well try a pack for £3, but don't bulk buy them yet Wink

We get carpet offcuts from our local Carpet Right - the latest one, for Taffy's pen, was 12' x 3' 6" or so and was a fiver Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:39 am

We got an off cut for c&a's shed from carpet right was about £20 I think. Something a bit textured it best so its a bit grippy for binkies x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down