Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes needed for Rory! U/D He's Eating!!!

+8
paullp
Sparky
Sue_pawz
Thumper2001
KatieB
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
gentl
12 posters

Go down

Vibes needed for Rory! U/D He's Eating!!! Empty Vibes needed for Rory! U/D He's Eating!!!

Post by gentl Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Our Rory has stopped eating. It's been about 18 hours now. We have had him to the vet and she looked him over really well and could find nothing abnormal at this time. She has given me shots of Reglan to give him twice daily until he is eating again. He's in heavy molt with hair-stringy poos. He's been eating lots of hay up until yesterday afternoon.

He wouldn't come for Bunny Bedtime Ritual Wink . Rory is always eager since there are noms involved and then he goes to sleep in the little nest he has built. We always confine him to the master bath at night because he still needs supervision but he spent the entire night in the guest bedroom and didn't move from the same spot. He wouldn't come for breakfast or even a nice juicy baby carrot.

So he needs some noming vibes! The vet said he looked quite healthy and was a normal weight. She checked his teeth and said they looked really good. Ears were clear. He was really well behaved considering he isn't much of a hands-on bunny. Letting him run on the concrete and tile floors a bit has kept his nails nice and short.

The one 'good' thing about this is that he let me hold him on my chest and pet him this morning for at least a half hour. Lots of tooth purring. He likes under his chin to be stroked! Never had a bun that liked that. And of course he widdled on me. Better me than the bed.

It is possible he is sulking because we were gone to my surgeon all afternoon yesterday. Do bunnies sulk for more than 24 hours? When we left I promised i's do binkys with my chair when we got home but he wouldn't come out. Either he wasn't feeling well or he was sulking.

We are SO happy to find a rabbit savvy practice even though they are very $$$. House Rabbit Society recommends the practice.

So vibes please! Some for my Hubby as well because he is afraid we will loose Rory too. We ar planning the neutering for sometime mid May-mid June so we can get him a companion. The vet didn't know we were rabbit savvy and she wanted to make sure we under stood everything...especially the fact that buns have different personalities and don't always like each other!

Last edited by gentl on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Vibes needed for Rory! U/D He's Eating!!! Empty Re: Vibes needed for Rory! U/D He's Eating!!!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm

He sounds like he has a bit of a blockage, I wonder if a bit of fresh pineapple juice would help him. If he's a fur ball or something he won't eat. Sad

Sending all the Vibes I can muster that he start's eating soon xxxx

Thinking of you Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Vibes needed for Rory! U/D He's Eating!!! Empty Re: Vibes needed for Rory! U/D He's Eating!!!

Post by fiver Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm

awww sending some nommy up vibes for poor roly maybe a little pineapple juice may help him hun Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:He sounds like he has a bit of a blockage, I wonder if a bit of fresh pineapple juice would help him. If he's a fur ball or something he won't eat. Sad

Sending all the Vibes I can muster that he start's eating soon xxxx

Thinking of you Hugs Hugs

Thanks for the hugs Maysie! Hubby has gone to get some more pineapple
tidbits in it's own juice. i'd used it in a recipe and we forgot to replace it. Embarassed
We always try to keep some.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Sending vibes for Rory Hun, I really hope he is ok.

Please keep us updated Holly.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Poor Rory Sad

I hope he starts to improve soon, Holly. I was also going to suggest the pineapple, if you can persuade him to take it.

Please keep us posted.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:38 pm

At this stage, I would let him eat anything his heart desires, even if it is a bit norty.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Eat up little guy!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Lots and lots of vibes for my American cousin, come on Rory - nom something Hugs Hugs Hugs

Are you sure he has eaten nothing at all? Not even a bit of sneaky hay? Do you think you'll get to the point of having to syringe feed him? It's good that you have a rabbit savvy vet at least.

Our Jack is a bit quiet tonight but he is sometimes like that in heavy moult so we're not overly concerned. I hope that's all that is bothering Rory and he bounces back Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:33 am

Lots of nomming vibes for Rory.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 pm

How is he Holly?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I really hope Rory is ok, lots of top-up vibes and Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs for you all
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Thank you Hoppers for all the vibes! About 1:30 AM I heard him pushing his pellet and
bunny salad bowls around along with his hay hall being flung. He ate A LOT. Now we are
waiting to see if his poos normalize. Hopefully the pineapple juice and tidbits will make
the hair less of a problem.

It's 9AM right now and he is demanding more food although he still had some pellets. He
is eating his hay too but it is difficult to actually see how much since he has hay available
several places around the house. He eats more hay than any rabbit I've ever had even
though he is just 4.5 lbs(2.04kg)

When the doctor did his dental exam yesterday she put a dental mirror in his mouth and
he let her! I was sure there would be a fight! I did get the butt in the face after that
though. He rarely does this, but it was just so funny. He was back in his carrier and it
was "Talk to the tail!" He hunched up so he could be as far as possible from me. Silly
rabbit. How we Love him!

They liked his name but said 'Harry' would have been good too since he his one eyebrow
is like a lightening bolt like Harry Potter's.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm so pleased he is eating again and being cheeky enough to demand more, what a relief Very Happy Hugs Hugs Hugs

I hope he does some good poops Thumbs Up

Rory, you be nice to your momma, she does it for your own good (yeah, that doesn't work on me either).
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:18 pm

good boy roly Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:26 pm

yay! keeping eating, Rory! Thumbs Up

Last edited by paullp on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : definitely needed a comma after "eating"!)
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Good news, Holly. I hope you see lots of healthy poops soon!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Good boy Roly, lets keep eating those noms for mummy. I am so pleased for you love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm sorry I missed this but I'm so happy to hear Rory is doing ok Smile
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:I'm sorry I missed this but I'm so happy to hear Rory is doing ok Smile

Me too. Non-eating bunnies is so stressful Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Is he still nomming up ok Holly? Little monkey!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:12 am

He is eating quite well. Even played a little bit with me today where he thumps and runs around my wheelchair and then i'm to stomp my foot and turn the wheelchair in a zero-radius turn. Then he thumps and runs...etc. Normally he'll do that for at least 10 min before doing a dead bunny flop but today we only did a few rounds of the game. I'm encouraged tho!

And the vet called today to ask how he was and she gently chided me for not calling her back to let her know. She was quite concerned! You have no idea how relieved I am to have found a vet clinic that is bunny savvy. I told her all about HH and she said she would look the forum over. She knew bunnies were VIP's in the UK.(Very Important Pets) Wink
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this!

Well done, Rory Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Oh Rory babes this is great news. We have a bunny savvy vet too Gentl love, we are very lucky.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down