Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would it work? expert advice needed.

+3
fiver
Thumper2001
xLilyRosex
7 posters

Go down

Would it work? expert advice needed. Empty Would it work? expert advice needed.

Post by xLilyRosex Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi guys,m hoping someone can help me please.

My bunny family is made up of the trio which is made up of lily, rose (sisters) and oscar rescue bun which i bonded with the girls they are all dwaft lops and i have the twins snow and flake- they are brothers and are lionheads.

My question is could i bond both groups together would it work? im not bothered if not but i think it would be so nice too have them all together but obviously dont want too if theres no chance of it working or ruining the bonds they have.

They are all nutered also.

Thanks in advance guys x
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Would it work? expert advice needed. Empty Re: Would it work? expert advice needed.

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Hey Wave

I've no first hand experience but from what I've read I think it'd be too much of a risk for me to take, especially as there would be 3 boys in the group.

I can only give you my feelings on it though, so I'll leave it to those with more experience to give you their thoughts Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Would it work? expert advice needed. Empty Re: Would it work? expert advice needed.

Post by fiver Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:45 pm

I say if not broken don't fix it and tbh I would worry it could upset the bonds that already exist x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey, Thank you for the comment. Thats what i thought that it may be too much having three boys. Sad.

Thanks fiver, yeah that was my main concern about ruining the bonds.

Thanks guys. x
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 pm

I've never had groups but. Have heard that sometimes this results in one bun being bullied.

I'd say if all us well perhaps leave things as they are x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 pm

thanks katie, yeah i think i will keep them how they are i was also concerned if i did do it that the twins are very small compared too the trio.
Not worth the risk, thanks guys for the advice. x
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Often it does result in a bun getting bullied or left out - It did when I had a four. Sometimes it doesnt happen though, i think its something only you can judge, knowing your own buns personalities etc.

If I had known this, I would have known Pebbles would get picked on, for example. Smile
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:57 am

fiver wrote:I say if not broken don't fix it and tbh I would worry it could upset the bonds that already exist x

After having a group of my own, this is my thinking too. I ended up splitting the trio and keeping one of my foster bunnies as a friend for little Skye. I wouldnt have a group again, as I think you start to get more of a hierarchy. There are others that also think bonding larger groups is easier, but id hate to take the risk of ruining existing bonds if your trio and pair are happy.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Thank you both, i dont think i will chance it as the boys are happy together and the trio are happy together i just woundered if groups were better but from all these responses i wont chance it. x
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:45 pm

I agree hun, let sleeping buns lie as they say.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down