Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benji! - my ebay rescue bunny - Has now got an abscess!!

+16
Tracyuk
Sixer
Bunbuns
Bex
March Hare
Catsknickers
Jay
racheld69
Big Ears
Laura
nethie
foxyfaerie
Happy Hoppers
fluffiebunnie
rallybunny
LilleJente
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Benji! - my ebay rescue bunny - Has now got an abscess!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Benji! - my ebay rescue bunny - Has now got an abscess!!

Post by racheld69 Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:25 am

keep him! i think you will regret it if you don't! is the lady saying she will get a 4th bun to bond with him? if not defo keep him - he deserves a special bunny friend after his horrible start. and he is lovely.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Benji! - my ebay rescue bunny - Has now got an abscess!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Benji! - my ebay rescue bunny - Has now got an abscess!!

Post by Tracyuk Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Keep him, Keep him then I can sneak round and bunny nap him.
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:11 pm

LilleJente wrote:
Snowy wrote:Well done for getting, especially out of the dreadful hutch, I really wished you had taken a sledge hammer with you Laughing

Gorgeous, beautiful bunny and well done for getting him sorted and I think you should keep him.........seriously, trust me you won't forgive yourself for giving him up.

I just feel sorry for the giant they are getting now Shocked Rolling Eyes , it will probably live in that awful hutch

Well done, good job you did there!

Thank you :luv: :luv:

The giant was already there... in a 4ft 2 story hutch Sad he looked a bit squished, and he will only get bigger Crying or Very sad

Oh crikey, probably end up with deformed legs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes poor bunny, can you go back and get him too Laughing
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:46 pm

Snowy wrote:Oh crikey, probably end up with deformed legs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes poor bunny, can you go back and get him too Laughing

They did promise if they ever got bored of him (yes I know Rolling Eyes seriously had to bite my tongue) that I would be the only person they would hand him over to! Don't know if the counts for much Sad When Nicola (the lady who helped me fetch him) Get's back from her holidays I will see if she still has their address to report them, as it's just not fair on the bunny at all!
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:23 am

LilleJente wrote:I really don't know what to do... I would feel mean saying no, but at the same time i am worried, he won't go to the right home Sad

If you have doubts in your mind, then it ISN'T the right home. Wink

Besides.......you KNOW you want to keep him.....and so would I......and Theo.....and Tracey......and Rachel..... Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

He is FAR too lovely to give up!!! :luv:
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Tracyuk wrote:Keep him, Keep him then I can sneak round and bunny nap him.

It's a long way to sneek Laughing
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:14 pm

March Hare wrote:

If you have doubts in your mind, then it ISN'T the right home. Wink

Besides.......you KNOW you want to keep him.....and so would I......and Theo.....and Tracey......and Rachel..... Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

He is FAR too lovely to give up!!! :luv:

I think I have lost my chance Sad He even has a bunny run organized now! I don't think I can cope with making an enemy with someone, by turning around and saying no I want to keep him! It is a good home he's found. I'm just slightly annoyed today as benji escaped but then came running over to me when I called him!! :luv: I mess things up so much sometimes! Crying or Very sad

What do I doooo?
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Oh! I don't think you'd make an enemy of her by saying you've fallen head over heels for this bunny. Explain that it would tear you apart to give him up, I'm sure she'd understand. She has a new bunny she is settling in I don't see that it would be as big a wrench for her to lose him as it is for you.

It's worth a go. The organising of a bunny run hasn't cost anything. Get in there before she buys a hutch

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:25 pm

She is buying a hutch anyway because The new bunny is too big for her hutch, and we sort of had the conversation about me not being that attached.... but then today my mum said why don't you keep him Shocked And now with him just running over to me when I called him I'm besotted!! But I said I wasn't and it was okay for her to take him!
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Well she's not buying the hutch for Benji, it would be a spare anyway. Do what you think is right. I KNOW she will look after Benji well but if you do want to keep him say so, it's not a crime, like I say you've had time to get attached. You're not a bad person either way. I'm sure she will understand.

I hope you're happy with your decision whatever it is but really, tell her how you feel ... honestly she won't hate you.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:39 pm

Well at the moment I am worried as it looks like he is pretty badly travel sick... he cut his nose quite nastily, and we had to go to the emergency vets and he was really sick on the way, he kept rolling on his side, and panting and dribbling, he really wasn't happy, and now he has an upset tummy (his nose is fine) so I have asked her if she has any ideas, as the journey to her's is twice the distance.
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:52 pm

i think you know the answer! Use the travel sickness as the reason. And say you are attached - you should have said that you are when she asked coz then she might have said oh keep him? I would just call her and say you are so sorry to mess her about but you are not happy with how ill he was travelling and also you are really attached and he comes when you call and thinks you are his mummy and you would like to keep him to bond to your bunny. Honestly you will regret it and it will be too late if you let him go. and is it fair for him to do that journey if he gets so ill? go on go on go on go on.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm not generally a great believer in fate but this time I think the travel sickness is fate's way of keeping you and Benji together.

The bunny run could be made up of several handovers so not straight forward, there could be any number of hitches.

I hope the little guy's nose and belly are okay.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:54 am

On top of everything Benji has now gone and got himself an abscess on his nose Sad from his injury on saturday!!! Crying or Very sad Goodness only knows what will happen next Shocked Why must bad things always happen at once!!!!
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:09 am

see - you have to keep him and now you have an extra reason to tell the woman! Wink is almost out of your hands now really if this happens when he travels? sending get well soon vibes for Benji. albino
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:18 am

Sending vibes for a quick recovery for Benji's nose.

How many days treatment is he getting for the abscess?

It's really not looking good for travelling on Sunday with all the stress he's going to have with his abscess.

Sending nose rubs and hugs - you'd better take the nose rub as Benji would prefer the hug right now Laughing :luv: Laughing

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:28 pm

racheld69 wrote: is almost out of your hands now really

Laughing It's certainly out of my pocket!!! Laughing

I think I have to keep a bunny I spend so much money on!
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Big Ears wrote:Sending vibes for a quick recovery for Benji's nose.

How many days treatment is he getting for the abscess?

It's really not looking good for travelling on Sunday with all the stress he's going to have with his abscess.

Sending nose rubs and hugs - you'd better take the nose rub as Benji would prefer the hug right now Laughing :luv: Laughing

Well he's having at least 5 days!! So for sure up til friday, and then I guess they will review it.... but I am really really really not looking forward to thursday and friday as the vet is the guy I do not like and avoid at all costs, he seems to think everything will be okay if just left alone.... (he's the one who said walter pee'd from what turned out to be an abscess) So I will have a good chat to Mike (my lovely vet) tomorrow and wednesday, just to be sure!!

He he thanks for the nose rub... Ivy's jealous now Laughing
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:08 pm

I hope his abcess clears quickly. It's usually a minimum of a weeks abx but usually longer depending on the severity of the abcess....and it will need daily cleaning too. He shouldn't travel until he is 100% and has recovered from the antibiotic course to avoid potential tummy troubles.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:03 am

what gorgeous photos and what an utterly gorgeous bunster!!!

hope his abscess gets better Sad
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:22 am

My poor bunny isn't doing so well today!! It's so hard when they are sick! Sad
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:49 am

oh no - sending get well soon vibes. have you spoken to the lady?
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:06 pm

LilleJente wrote:My poor bunny isn't doing so well today!! It's so hard when they are sick! Sad

You are doing a brilliant job, you know where we are if you need us, well done for everything you are doing for him
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:46 pm

racheld69 wrote:oh no - sending get well soon vibes. have you spoken to the lady?

Yes I did saying that there was no way I could send him on Sunday being so poorly, and she wrote back saying after all this she couldn't bare to take him away from me, and please would I look after him and bond him with Ivy :luv: So it has all worked out. I'm so glad we're still friends, and no-one's feelings have been hurt!! Now all I need is for him to please please get better before I loose all my hair and gain a hundred wrinkles before I'm 25!!! Laughing Laughing
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:07 pm

oh that is great it has worked out so well! yippee! and he will be able to have a special friend as well! horay! get well sooooooooon Benji!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next