Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moving buns?

4 posters

Go down

moving buns? Empty moving buns?

Post by Rice Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:25 pm

So I'm having a little bit of a dilemna with housing the buns... With their failed bonding (again Rolling Eyes ) they are still being kept seperately in the house. Hubby has never really been ok with this arrangement and now that it's not looking like they're going to be bonded anytime soon, he's not happy. They make a terrible mess, especially when they're both moulting like they are right now. They've both chewed holes in the carpet Embarassed and they're noisy. Hubby has been good putting up with them when he really doesn't like them but I'm reaching a wall now.

So I'm thinking of moving them out to the garage. Obviously I would wait until it warms up a bit so they're not stuck out in the cold unprepared. I know I'll miss them in the house Sad I've always been one who doesn't see the point of having pets and sticking them outside. Not to say having outside rabbits is a bad thing, it's just not for me. I guess I just think it'll be easier on mine and hubby's relationship if I do this. I would never ever get rid of them, even though he would love that No Anyway, I'm not sure why I posted this really. I guess just to see what you all thought... I'm still not set on the idea, but I'm toying with it.
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

moving buns? Empty Re: moving buns?

Post by buddabun Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 am

Aww bless ya, it's not an easy decision but at least you can have a great setup in the garage for them and it's not a 'them or me' situation.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 am

When we still had Evo, hubby and I would often come to blows over the state of the house from him (Evo, not hubby Laughing ). I know it will make you sad, but I think your relationship with your hubby has to come first. And you can bribe him to make sure you get a fantastic setup in the garage! Very Happy
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:26 am

Aww, I think you will have to go with this too, and try different bonding methods, I'm sure it'll come right in the end.
Could you compromise that the buns are let in the house, at your discretion but that they live and sleep outside?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Jay wrote:Aww, I think you will have to go with this too, and try different bonding methods, I'm sure it'll come right in the end.
Could you compromise that the buns are let in the house, at your discretion but that they live and sleep outside?

That's kind of what I have been thinking of doing. I would have their set up, food, etc in the garage and then let them in the house one at a time when I get home each day. As long as I am able to watch them I think them being in the house won't be a problem. It's when I'm not around that they are destructive Laughing Laughing I'm pretty sure hubby would be so thrilled to have their setup in the garage that he wouldn't think twice about me letting them in the house.

I am going to try and bond them again eventually, I am determined that they will fall in love Laughing Laughing I just want to give it a little time for them to forget how much they hate each other Rolling Eyes Laughing
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down