Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The buns will be moving indoors the end of the week.

+5
Tuckerbunnies
Father Jack
Thumper2001
FluffSlave
xLilyRosex
9 posters

Go down

The buns will be moving indoors the end of the week.  Empty The buns will be moving indoors the end of the week.

Post by xLilyRosex Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Excited much!!!!

Ive ordered two dog crates 36" ones, and plan on adding levels too them, they will be having there pens attached too the cages and correx flooring.

Cant wait too have them move inside they will have alot more quality time free time running round and my oh who wasnt too keen on the idea now cannot wait not because they will be inside no because him and my housemate plan on making the garage a games room !!! haha win win now thou i get what i want with no problems lol.

Anyone know where i can get wood from too make levels in the cages? i will also put linno on the wood levels.

Michelle x
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

The buns will be moving indoors the end of the week.  Empty Re: The buns will be moving indoors the end of the week.

Post by FluffSlave Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm

It sounds like you have big, exciting plans for your very lucky buns Very Happy

I don't know where you can get the wood from, but I do know to make sure that it's not treated, glue free etc. All the obvious stuff really, which I'm sure you already knew! Smile

Good luck moving them indoors. It is lovely to have them inside. And don't forget, we'll NEED pictures ASAP! Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

The buns will be moving indoors the end of the week.  Empty Re: The buns will be moving indoors the end of the week.

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Life is never going to be the same again Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Hahaha, im so excited i really cant wait they will love it Very Happy. Thanks for yhe advice guys.

Haha we have 3 dogs and a cat so i dont think the 5 buns inside can make much difference.......or can it haha fun and games Cannot wait Very Happy Will have lots of binkys i know that Smile.

And pics will be a deffinant Very Happy xx
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 pm

xLilyRosex wrote:Hahaha, im so excited i really cant wait they will love it Very Happy. Thanks for yhe advice guys.

Haha we have 3 dogs and a cat so i dont think the 5 buns inside can make much difference.......or can it haha fun and games Cannot wait Very Happy Will have lots of binkys i know that Smile.

And pics will be a deffinant Very Happy xx
Shocked

I'm kidding! Laughing House buns are so much fun! There's never a dull moment with my two Laughing

And I agree with FluffSlave, avoid MDF etc. Apparently it's made with all sorts of evil ****! (Was news to me!)

Hopefully someone who can advise on wood type and where to buy it will be along soon Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Haha gonnna be a mad house i cant wait thou lol Very Happy, im hoping it will have a good effect on rose's health aswel less dust an all.

Really i didnt know that anbout mdf, Fingers crossed someone can point me in the right direction, Will be a waste of space in the cages if i cant make any shelves lol. xx
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm sure someone will be able to help Very Happy

Are your buns familiar with the dogs and cat already?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Yup tangible catbis scared of them and the dogs love them. So no problems there. I will be getting a bolt on the door so when out at work the dogs and tango won't be abortion get into them just in case. Xx
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Phone predictive text that meant too say yup tango the cat is scared..... Won't be able to get
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Hudad says try B&Q (get your OH to get a Tradepoint card for massive discounts).

Hudad uses this 34mm x 18mm. It's a 2.4m length and on the website is £2.60. Hudad gets them on Tradepoint in a pack of 8 for about £15 with VAT so he saves about 25% Thumbs Up

He also recommends 1/4" plywood, that's just over £16 for an 8' x 4' sheet on Tradepoint or about £24 through B&Q itself. If you have a Tradepoint card, they'll cut it free of charge too Very Happy

And hudad doesn't recommend lino on the hop ups as it will be too slippery, try carpet tiles instead just tacked down with a bit of spray adhesive. They will easily lift off again to be replaced.
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:06 pm

I just knew you'd be the person for the job, Father Jack Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:37 pm

I knew Father Jack would answer, he's a very clever bunny when it comes to things like this Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Thank you father jack thats such a big help Very Happy, will be having a look online,m the cages should be here tomorrow so i can meausre up how much i will need and thanks for the info about the carpet that sounds better and i think the buns will be happier with that Very Happy.
This trade point card is it just a points card? can i get one rather than my oh?

Big Thanks Michelle and gang x
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:16 pm

The Tradepoint card is for trades persons. All you need to do is whip up a letterhead (something to do with the construction industry. Maybe interior design or something like that?), take that in and register. All it does is give you discount on what you'd pay as Joe Bloggs in store. They're much the same as Screwfix (they own them).
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Don't you get discount if you take an OAP with you on a Wednesday (or something like that)? Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Don't you get discount if you take an OAP with you on a Wednesday (or something like that)? Laughing
Do you have to bring them away again, or is it like an exchange thing? Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Laughing Now, there's an idea! Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Sparky wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:Don't you get discount if you take an OAP with you on a Wednesday (or something like that)? Laughing
Do you have to bring them away again, or is it like an exchange thing? Wink
Laughing Laughing

Well good luck for when the bunnies move in. House buns are great fun, but it wasnt practical sharing a room with them...plus, the parents cant cope with it for more than a few months!! We need lots when theyre in their new pad!! Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by xLilyRosex Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Haha guys.

Weel the dog cages have arrived so tomorrow after work i will be setting up there new living quarters, oh im so excited its untrue. They are gonna love love love living indoors.
Will be measuring etc tomorrow too see how much materials i need etc.

xx
xLilyRosex
xLilyRosex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 am

Everybun deserves to be spoiled rotten indoors!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:08 pm

You are going to love it hun, they are absoutely gorgeous to have around all the time.

Hu8gs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down