Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for my little guy - U/D back from vets 28 may

+21
biscuitblossom
proudmummy
NickieM
Lynda
Rosie Rabbit
Rice
fluffiebunnie
Happy Hoppers
jan
Sixer
rallybunny
thumpersmum
Peanut
Becki
Kirsty&Lola
Catsknickers
Snowy
Magoo
Josephine
SarahJane
Jay
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vibes for my little guy - U/D back from vets 28 may - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes for my little guy - U/D back from vets 28 may

Post by Sixer Thu May 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Oh dear - I was thinking of a different sort of jug Embarassed

Glad to hear that Bertie has perked up Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Vibes for my little guy - U/D back from vets 28 may - Page 2 Empty Re: Vibes for my little guy - U/D back from vets 28 may

Post by Rosie Rabbit Thu May 14, 2009 5:29 pm

So glad Berts is doing better now. Very Happy
Sixer wrote:Oh dear - I was thinking of a different sort of jug Embarassed
Laughing Hmmm, I don't think Jay would appreciate that type of jug Laughing
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu May 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Snowy wrote:See what the vet says aboutthe "troot" then Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

pleased he is on the mend Thumbs Up

you don't know what a troot is???? You've had rabbits how long Shocked Wink x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu May 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Jay wrote:
Snowy wrote:See what the vet says aboutthe "troot" then Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

pleased he is on the mend Thumbs Up

you don't know what a troot is???? You've had rabbits how long Shocked Wink x

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Aww sorry that Bertie is not feeling well. I am glad that he is eating a bit more now and hope he continues to improve. Sending lots and lots of vibes to him and hugs to you (the big slobbery ones that you like!)
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Thu May 14, 2009 9:32 pm

sending loads of hugs from me gorgeous Bertie and nose rubs from Johns xxxx Get well Soon xxx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri May 15, 2009 6:49 am

How is Bertie this morning? hope he is feeling a bit better Jay
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri May 15, 2009 6:54 am

How is he Jay? Still sending lots of vibes.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 am

Aww thanks so much everyone, we've been feelin the love Love Very Happy

Well, after a very happy evening, I went into his room this morning and tempted him with his fave. munchy, and he wasn't inrerested Sad I tried him with Corriander and that didn't work, He's poo'd, isn't hunched, is moving fine, but isn't that interested in food. Exactly the same as last time, and it was around 1pm he started eating yesterday, again, exactly the same.

I gave him some water, then Recovery, left him 1/2 an hour. I've gave him pain relief and 1/2 ml of paraffin about 1/2 and hour ago.
I've brought him into the office with me, he's got food, water, hay & tiolet, and has just started chewing the straw bin, and eating some herbs Smile

I hope I've done the right thimg so far, I'll speak to the vet later this morning and see if he thinks we should take him in. It's tricky today TBH, and if he starts eating and perks up, then I don't think it will be detrimental to leave him til tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your wishes, it's really kind Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri May 15, 2009 8:29 am

You are doing everything right Jay, hope he picks up again, you know where I am if you need me
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri May 15, 2009 9:03 am

Thank-you x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by biscuitblossom Fri May 15, 2009 9:16 am

sending lots of vibes for Bertie....x

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Fri May 15, 2009 9:22 am

*gets down on Bertie's level and whsipers in his ears we hope he starts eating soon and that he realises daddy is doing all this for his own good *

BIG VIBES JAY X X X
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Fri May 15, 2009 9:44 am

Glad to hear he has perked up a bit Jay ... perhaps he was hinting at spending the day at work with you Very Happy
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri May 15, 2009 9:48 am

proudmummy wrote:Glad to hear he has perked up a bit Jay ... perhaps he was hinting at spending the day at work with you Very Happy

Laughing It's probably true, he does always want to be around us, bless him!
Sadly I can't stay here today again, only my morning work is in here, the rest is out there, and I've got quite a busy one today, starting soon. He's munching quite happily on herbs, and a bit of green leaf. My first client is only round the corner, so I'll pop back in after that before I'm out for the day.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Fri May 15, 2009 9:51 am

Just seen this Jay,
I hope you little lad is back to his normal self soon, and continues to improve. poor little guy. ill still send some <<vibes>> though!
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri May 15, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks Janak Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Fri May 15, 2009 9:55 am

Aww love him ...
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Fri May 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Sending loads more <<<<<<vibes>>>>>> for Bertie.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri May 15, 2009 4:04 pm

hope he starts to feel better soon!

come on bertie!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat May 16, 2009 5:07 am

Big Hugs for Bertie. xx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat May 16, 2009 7:37 am

How is Bertie this morning?

You are wise to consider further investigation but thought I might mention this as food ( Embarassed ) for thought.

Out of our six bunnies Herbie and Hollie are not all that bothered about diving into their pellet bowl in the morning first thing. They would sooner get outside Smile All then get a small amount of veg about 30 mins later. All the other bunnies eat the veg immediately but Herbie and Hollie don't touch it until much later in the day and pick at it then. I have accepted that this is their 'normal' eating pattern and don't fret unless they turn their nose up at supper. This is a change to how they ate when they were indoors with Rosie when pellets and greens disappeared like a flash.

It is slightly strange that both have the same eating patern in that they ignore the veg, maybe competitiveness comes into play with the others. Maybe H+H have just pigged out on hay. I don't know, but the important thing is recognising when there is a change in normal eating patterns.

Hugs as always xx

Last edited by Sixer on Sat May 16, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat May 16, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks V, he's eaten this morning, I've mixed in some of the BB food and he got stuck straight into it Smile He's pood, so all's going OK so far.
Bertie has been a bit off colour the last couple of weeks, just not quite himself, but he is going through a fairly heft moult, and he is normally a bit touchy at moult time.

He normally dives into his food, we don't feed him til 7.30, he's usually had a lot of hay by then, but I know how much hay he has at night, and I can tell how much he's eaten in the morning. When he has these bad days, it's nnot been touched.

Yesterday he came round to normal a lot quicker than he has before. I spoke to the vet yesterday, we' re going to take him for an examination, just to make sure we're dealing with the same thing. If so, we treat him as before, when it's clear, we may x-ray him, vet will advise at the time.

THanks for your help and wishes xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sat May 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Glad he has eaten today Jay, sorry he's still not 100% right. What a worry. Sad

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon. I shall refrain from offering you a jug today. Laughing
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat May 16, 2009 3:40 pm

How's Bertie now Jay?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next