Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonding Bunnies

4 posters

Go down

Bonding Bunnies Empty Bonding Bunnies

Post by NickieM Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:54 pm

I tested the water metaphorically last month and it seemed to go well. I had hoped to crack this when I had a fortnight off, but a combination of decorating the hall, rubbish weather and my sister visiting put paid to that. So I thought I would try this weekend and see how it goes.

Step 1
OH build a mini run 6 x 4 alongside the existing run so I had a neutral bit of territory for them. At 2.00 I put Felix in on his own and let him sniff around. Wolfie instantly came running up, boxed him through the fence and then chased Gloria ferociously just to let her know she is his beatch.

[/b]Step 2[

Put Wolfie into the mini run with Felix. Initially there was a flurry of chasing. Some tufts of fur pulled out. Felix was very docile and submissive. Wolfie then started eating the grass and completely ignored Felix. If Felix moved about, Wolfie chased him so Felix just stayed in one place. Didn't look unhappy and was watching with his ears up.

[/b]Step 3

Put Gloria into the run next. This is after she had given me a massive bite on the finger. Serves me right for forgetting gloves and petting her when I smelled of Felix. She was very caution about going near Felix as Wolfie had made it clear she was to stay away. She was quite nervy and just ignored him. Felix stayed in his corner. She nibbled some grass in his direction and when she got to Felix had a quick sniff, then turned and looked at Wolfie to see what he was doing. It was fascinating watching the interaction. She just carried on eating as did Wolfie.

Step 4[b]

Because Felix wasn't doing anything, but just watching, I thought I would prompt some action. I sprinkled some pellets all around his corner and they were all eating them. Then Wolfie got upset, chased Gloria away, then chased Felix. It was a bunny free-for-all, but with no really aggression.

I will try them again tomorrow and hope that I can work up to trying them together in mid-November when I have another week off. (Lots of hols to use up

(Sorry that this sounds a bit like Showaddywaddy!)
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Bonding Bunnies Empty Re: Bonding Bunnies

Post by Catsknickers Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:49 am

Sounds like fun?! Gloria is a strumpet isn't she!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Goodluck i will keep fingers crossed
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Didn't manage to do any bonding today because it has rained torrentially all day!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Sounds like Wolfie is the bun with the 'attitude' out of the three of them.

Fingers crossed it works out xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down