Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nail clipping

2 posters

Go down

Nail clipping  Empty Nail clipping

Post by ElleyMay Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:21 am

Clipping Hippo's nails is no issue at all. He just snuggles into me and lets me do whatever I want.

Miss Brynn is another story. She detests being picked up, grunts, snorts, wiggles, kicks... etc. :S Clipping her nails is always quite an escapade and usually requires two people. TBH, I leave their nails longer than I should due to how difficult Brynn is. They had gotten to the point where they were definitely overdue and my mom was going to come over to help me but it kept getting put off. I finally decided to give it a go on my own. I confidently scooped her up snuggled her into my arm *snip *snip *snip... a few mins later I was done. It was SO much faster and easier for me to do it on my own. I can't believe it!

It's been a few days and she's let me pet her again (which means she's ALREADY forgiven me)...

It just goes to show what a little confidence can do when it comes to all areas of life: including animals!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Nail clipping  Empty Re: Nail clipping

Post by NickieM Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Now the last time I tried that with Wolfie, he shredded my arm and left it tattered and torn. However, one of Andrew's friends come over one day and just picked him up and I think he was so shocked, he didn't struggle!

Maybe a lot in what you say ....... but I will still wear arm protection before I try it. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down